• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Reading through the thread for the first time since yesterday afternoon. So what's the deal - what's going on? Is Hendo and/or Jones legit out?

At this point in time it could be literally anything. I'm sure it'll be cleared up in the next 12 hours.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Machida needs a full camp to train for Bones. Would be foolish if he takes the fight on such short notice.

based on bones latest comments, i'm not sure he'd be exactly thrilled to face machida without specifically training for him as well.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Man, for a supposed fan of Machida you really want to see him lose some brain cells.
For Machida to lose brain cells but get dat title shot dollah is but the highest a 'Chida fan can hope for.
I was bored at work and decided to make a fake twitter account. I was trolling Bisping hard and he even responded, but the best part was that Tim Boesch started following me.
link?

SteveWD40

I really try to like the guy, but he just makes such dumb comments that its almost impossible to not troll him. I don't hate him as much as it seems.

Hey, hate him all you want, that's your prerogative, but to go out of your way to troll the guy just seems...pathetic?

I get it, not many internet fans like him, hell I am considered a "fan" on here because I don't think he sucks and sort of like him (hardly a fan), I just think people go too far, it's like every decent thing he says (and there are a few examples) gets ignored and every dumb thing he says gets posted, re-posted and analysed more than it would be if he wasn't the token "Brit bad guy".

Hey, hate him all you want, that's your prerogative, but to go out of your way to troll the guy just seems...pathetic?

I get it, not many internet fans like him, hell I am considered a "fan" on here because I don't think he sucks and sort of like him (hardly a fan), I just think people go too far, it's like every decent thing he says (and there are a few examples) gets ignored and every dumb thing he says gets posted, re-posted and analysed more than it would be if he wasn't the token "Brit bad guy".

It was nothing personal. Just wanted to get a good laugh in to get an RT. Nothing more and nothing less.

Fifty

Obviously given what last night brought us that's the leading rumour, but since we have nothing to go on other than a single Sherdog post I find it funny that everyone is acting like it's a done deal.

Dana is going to make an announcement about the event today. Not surprised if Hendo will be out :( The only way this gets redeemed is if Fedor fills in for him or otherwise this event is damned to hell.

Maybe Bisping will step in

Friends, what do we know about specially announced, surprise press conferences from Dana? We know that everyone always expects them to be chicken salad but they turn out to be chicken shit. Maybe Dana isn't going to announce Hendo is out but instead will announce something like "UFC is proud to announce an exclusive partnership with Mad Catz. Now have a picture of your favorite fighter as a skin on your Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 controller!"

(I want to believe Jones vs Hendo is still on)

What if Bones is hurt? Can we please have Hendo vs Machida instead. I want to see Machida either run away for five rounds or be laid out on the floor.

Friends, what do we know about specially announced, surprise press conferences from Dana? We know that everyone always expects them to be chicken salad but they turn out to be chicken shit. Maybe Dana isn't going to announce Hendo is out but instead will announce something like "UFC is proud to announce an exclusive partnership with Mad Catz. Now have a picture of your favorite fighter as a skin on your Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 controller!"

(I want to believe Jones vs Hendo is still on)
I see right through your trickery. You're the one fighting him, aren't you!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can't wait to see Uncle Dana try to market Ellenberger/Hieron as a PPV main event. Even Wand/Hitch had the "two former dominant champs" spin cycle going for it.

"@FrontRowBrian
I'll fill in the blanks later but Dana's announcement will make history. @KevinI was given story by UFC. He'll break it. Crazy story."

Okay. Bones failed drug test. Sonnen stepping in against his friend Hendo.

Renzo just retweeted...
@rkruck
HOT RUMOR ABOUT UFC 151: Hendo is injured...possible replacement...Chael Sonnen...Also Machida could be in too We'll find out in an hour

Renzo is just reading the same shit we're reading on Twitter..

FrontRowBrian said:
I'll fill in the blanks later but Dana's announcement will make history. @KevinI was given story by UFC. He'll break it. Crazy story.

This tells me there's more to it. @KevinI is Kevin Iole from Sports Illustrated.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I really need to sleep but the suspense for this reveal is killing me.

Fuck it. I'll read it tomorrow. I'm not fucking up my sleeping patterns to risk hearing the megaton that is Jones being the cover fighter for this year's UFC game or some shit.

Top Bottom