• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

ShaneB

Nah, I just think he's refusing to take any other fight right now, forcing the cancellation of the card... Just my speculation.

I think this could be it. Jones won't fight someone new, card cancelled. Dana says fuck you to all fighters, you're fighting who we tell who to fight.

Biff

Does UFC web stream their call? Anyone have the phone-in number?

Judging by the YouTube vid of their last call these are public calls just like company earnings conference calls. I want to hear the history rather than just F5 it.

OK so here's my theory.

Bones offered fights with Machida first, Sonnen second.

He turns them both down, forcing UFC to cancel the event.

Dana said "Jon Jones? YOUUUUUUUURE FIRRRRRRED", strips Jones of the belt, and then Machida/Shogun III for the LHW championship later this year.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
OK so here's my theory.

Bones offered fights with Machida first, Sonnen second.

He turns them both down, forcing UFC to cancel the event.

Dana said "Jon Jones? YOUUUUUUUURE FIRRRRRRED", strips Jones of the belt, and then Machida/Shogun III for the LHW championship later this year.

Sounds very plausible! :(

tass0

Banned
Announcement coming up.

My prediction: Jones turns down Machida and Hendo, 151 is pushed to a later date, DFW is maaaaad.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Why should Sonnen get an immediate title shot at 205?

I'd like to see Jones destroy him, but having Jones/Machida II at UFC 152 (or is it 151 now, lol?) makes more sense. And the combined card will actually be good

seriously. and they didn't even ask gus so it's like ufc wasn't even trying. yeah jones just had one of the best years in all of mma taking the toughest fights with quick turnarounds, but fuck him because he won't fight a mw coming off a loss where he get annihilated. mma gaf gets dumber by the day i swear

Man I am not going to hate on Jones. This is all Greg Jackson. Jones trust his coach and he is still a young dude. So yeah I am on the fuck Greg Jackson train.

TheNatural

My Member!
2cWfO.jpg

2cWfO.jpg

2cWfO.jpg

2cWfO.jpg

2cWfO.jpg

2cWfO.jpg

dabig2

bah

Should've taken the easy W.

Would've been one of the easiest W's in his career. Chael has no chance to get into "fight shape" on 8 days notice. The Machida fight a few weeks later will be a much tougher fight.

But...I don't blame them for turning it down on principle. Just doesn't make sense from a business and legacy-building perspective.

Fifty

Well, Machida deserves it as much as anyone. Call Jones whatever you want, but at least this "sport" is able to maintain a bit of title legitimacy in terms of awarding title shots to people that are highly ranked. It was the right fight to make.

Joe Silva must be having a heart attack, or jumping for joy as he now has fights to fill his plethora of cards with.

Top Bottom