• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

While I respect entertainers who understand the business of fighting, I abhor chickenshit, cowardly hypocrites. Let's be honest -- giving up 5 inches, 45 lbs, and with 8 days of prep time, Chael, unfortunately, gets smashed by Bones Jones. Especially since Bones Jones has been training to fight someone who is a better version of Chael.

Sadly, it would appear that the real Bones Jones is not only a philanderer and a reckless drunk driver, but he's also a coward to boot. Phillipinos 3:16 my ass.

drm pls

First of all - Jones doesn't have 8 days. As per Jackson, due to media obligations and weighing in he only has 3 training days left. Also, Sonnen has nothing to lose fighting him. Jones has a belt, huge endorsements, and giant purses to try to keep. And finally, I'm not saying Jones vs Sonnen wouldn't have been fun but you Dream of all people would've not only questioned Sonnen's credentials had it been any other fighter he was going against but can you honestly say you didn't complain about the past few chicken salad to chicken shit cards ..

UFC 149: Aldo vs Koch - what we got: Faber vs Barao
UFC 147: Sonnen vs Silva - what we got: Silva vs Franklin II
UFC 146: Dos Santos vs Overeem - what we got: Dos Santos vs Mir

^ Why weren't any of these cancelled btw?

I think the respect for Chael comes from the fact that he will really fight anyone at any time.

Because he's trash and he knows it doesn't matter if he loses. In fact, he probably doesn't car if he loses. Cody McKenzie just challenged Frankie Edgar on twitter. Does that make Frankie stupid for not demanding to fight him? Does it make McKenzie honorable? He probably has a more legit claim at that fight than Sonnen does at a LHW title shot.

Heel

People bitching about Jon "ducking" Chael would've bitched all the same if he was fighting him instead of Machida a few weeks later. That same Machida fight is a fucking joke in itself by the way. Chael didn't earn it, but did Machida earn a rematch in the first place? Lol

In short, fuck this company.

TheNatural

My Member!
People bitching about Jon "ducking" Chael would've bitched all the same if he was fighting him instead of Machida a few weeks later. That same Machida fight is a fucking joke in itself by the way. Chael didn't earn it, but did Machida? Lol

LOL. We're going in hot to 10,000 posts.

Alliances have changed.

Rules have been broken.

Who's side is he on?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The thing is that everyone feels that Jones could've easily clowned Sonnen in this hypothetical fight. For Jackson to say that Jones is unprepared given Jones wide skill set is nothing but baffling and at best laughable. You would think he would have more confidence in his golden boy.
People bitching about Jon "ducking" Chael would've bitched all the same if he was fighting him instead of Machida a few weeks later. That same Machida fight is a fucking joke in itself by the way. Chael didn't earn it, but did Machida earn a rematch in the first place? Lol

At that, apparently someone running into your fist makes you worthy of a title shot. Shallow division much?

Heel

The thing is that everyone feels that Jones could've easily clowned Sonnen in this hypothetical fight. For Jackson to say that Jones is unprepared given Jones wide skill set is nothing but baffling and at best laughable. You would think he would have more confidence in his golden boy.

It is well documented that Maste Jackson teaches but one skill a day to prepare his fighters. Three skills does not constitute a complete gameplan, friend. Respect his battle tested system for victory.

dream

drm pls

First of all - Jones doesn't have 8 days. As per Jackson, due to media obligations and weighing in he only has 3 training days left. Also, Sonnen has nothing to lose fighting him. Jones has a belt, huge endorsements, and giant purses to try to keep.

But the problem here is those 3 training days are in addition to the 6-8 weeks he's spent training for Dan Henderson. Chael has probably been laying around and getting fat since the Anderson fight.

And, really, let's say the 1 in a thousand shot comes in and Chael somehow beats Bones Jones despite only having 8 days to prepare for an opponent 5 inches taller, 10 years younger, and 75 lbs heavier. Bones Jones would most likely get an immediate rematch that would pop an even bigger buyrate.

Heel

Unless you were actually going to the event, youre basically whining about Jon waiting a few short weeks to fight an arguably more dangerous opponent. You damn sure aren't whining about missing out on the star-studded undercard.

What the fuck? Clearly predisposed to dat Hateraid.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL love the official UFC press release BTW:

UFC® 151 EVENT CANCELLED
CHAMP JONES REFUSES NEW OPPONENT
UFC 152 GETS NEW MAIN EVENT

Las Vegas, Nevada – For the first time in the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, a UFC® champion has refused to face an alternative challenger after an injury to his original opponent, forcing the organization to cancel an event.

After challenger Dan Henderson suffered a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones refused an alternative opponent, forcing UFC president Dana White to cancel the entire UFC 151 card at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas next Saturday.

On a conference call today, White said Jones refused to fight two-time middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen, whom he proposed as a replacement for Henderson for the September 1 event.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-151-cancelled-press-release-082312

Greg Jackson interview with Mauro Renallo paraphrased: "The bottom line is 3 days is not enough training time. It's not that Jones doesn't want to fight Sonnen. He'll fight him at UFC 152 in Toronto. He just needs time to prepare for whoever his opponent is."

EDIT: Jones official statement:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30352/jon...-behind-decision-to-turn-down-replacement.mma

"Dan Henderson got hurt, and the fight was canceled," Jones told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I signed a contract a long time ago to fight Dan Henderson. That's what I studied for, and that's what I prepared myself for. To take a fight with a different opponent in which I would basically have three days of training before traveling and then starting to cut weight I just thought would be the dumbest idea ever. I wouldn't have been properly prepared."

Jones said he never intended for the entire event to be scrapped and apologized to the remaining fighters on the card who were all forced to reschedule their next appearances.

"I definitely apologize to the other fighters on the card," Jones said. "I feel terrible, but it also wasn't my decision to cancel the whole card. I don't make those decisions.

"I take a lot of pride in the way I perform, and I want to put on the best performance possible every time I fight. I don't want to go out there just to win the fight. I want to go out there to dominate. I want to make it look effortless. I want it to be a beautiful thing."

"If this was my first fight in the UFC and I really didn't have a choice and they needed somebody to step in last-minute, if it was that type of scenario, then I'd probably more open to it," Jones said. "But I'm a UFC champion, and I need to perform that way. If I would have taken this fight, that would have been letting my ego get in the way and not using my intellect. This is war, and you have to go in there prepared."

IMACOMPUTA

Greg Jackson interview with Mauro Renallo paraphrased: "The bottom line is 3 days is not enough training time. It's not that Jones doesn't want to fight Sonnen. He'll fight him at UFC 152 in Toronto. He just needs time to prepare for whoever his opponent is."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30352/jon...-behind-decision-to-turn-down-replacement.mma

"Dan Henderson got hurt, and the fight was canceled," Jones told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I signed a contract a long time ago to fight Dan Henderson. That's what I studied for, and that's what I prepared myself for. To take a fight with a different opponent in which I would basically have three days of training before traveling and then starting to cut weight I just thought would be the dumbest idea ever. I wouldn't have been properly prepared."

Jones said he never intended for the entire event to be scrapped and apologized to the remaining fighters on the card who were all forced to reschedule their next appearances.

"I definitely apologize to the other fighters on the card," Jones said. "I feel terrible, but it also wasn't my decision to cancel the whole card. I don't make those decisions.

"I take a lot of pride in the way I perform, and I want to put on the best performance possible every time I fight. I don't want to go out there just to win the fight. I want to go out there to dominate. I want to make it look effortless. I want it to be a beautiful thing."

"If this was my first fight in the UFC and I really didn't have a choice and they needed somebody to step in last-minute, if it was that type of scenario, then I'd probably more open to it," Jones said. "But I'm a UFC champion, and I need to perform that way. If I would have taken this fight, that would have been letting my ego get in the way and not using my intellect. This is war, and you have to go in there prepared."

How can anybody blame this man? The UFC dropped the ball, not JBJ.
Smart move, Jon.

The way I see it, Dana, Lorenzo and Joe Silva fucked up big time and are blaming Jon instead of taking the blame because there is no where he can go besides UFC if he wants to make the big bucks.

iLLmAtlc

Like I said earlier it's not Jones' fault that the UFC put such a garbage card together where if he refused the fight it would have destroyed the whole thing. For that UFC deserves some blame too.

TheNatural

My Member!
How can anybody blame this man? The UFC dropped the ball, not JBJ.
Smart move, Jon.

How could anyone not blame him? He was scheduled to fight next week, and the opponent changed to a much less dangerous one, he didn't take the fight?

This is also the same guy who took on Shogun on a month's notice. This is the same guy who played the 'I fight who Dana tells me to fight' card against Rashad. And this is the same guy just two weeks ago pulling his "star" card about the drawing power of a Machida rematch?

So the guy gets a signed, sealed, and delivered big mouth draw that would do way more than Machida even on short notice, and a much easier fight with a middleweight who hasn't been in serious training moving up to face him, and he won't take it?

There's virtually no risk, all reward, and it would have made everyone excited to see the card and save the fighters, the fans, and everyone else a lot of money for the event knowing if he didn't take it, it would have to be cancelled.

So yeah, I can blame him. He's a hypocritical fucking dick.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Were we not just saying 2 weeks ago that the only fighter who should fight whoever Joe Silva puts in front of him is the champion? Is Jon Jones' brand worth more than the UFC's? BTW it didn't have to be Sonnen. I'd prefer it had been Weidman.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I bet Mr. Rumble would have dropped his fight on Friday to ME against JJ.

or him
fedor4.jpg

TheNatural

My Member!
Were we not just saying 2 weeks ago that the only fighter who should fight whoever Joe Silva puts in front of him is the champion? Is Jon Jones' brand worth more than the UFC's? BTW it didn't have to be Sonnen. I'd prefer it had been Weidman.

There's different circumstances for everything.

For this, Jones was just a flat out dick. He was Mr Anywhere Anytime, he claimed, for the past couple years and turns down the fight. He was bitching about what a weak draw a Machida rematch is and didn't want it, and you get the guy who talked himself into a contender right there to take the fight and he doesn't take it.

It makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Maybe Jon was on the sauce while he was being asked.

Many moons ago, a champ by the name of Mauricio Shogoon was coming off knee surgery and was supposed to fight a man named Suga Rashad and then we found out that Suga was injured. A young man named Jonny Bones had just force choked Darth Bader and due to that win was offered a title shot against Shogoon just a month away from the date of the fight. This opportunity dramatically fast-tracked Jonny Bones's path to the championship.

As champ, Shogoon accepted a change of opponent on short notice, and now that very same fighter who benefitted from such a situation won't do the same now that the shoe is on the other foot. Yes, Mauricio Shogoon lost the fight but at least he took the fight.

Jonny Bones? That guy is a BITCH.

Never again will I pay for a ticket or a PPV to one of his fights.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You guys might be right. If Bones Jones doesn't want to fight someone with a 27-12 record who he outweighs by 40 lbs, has 5 inches on, and is 10 years younger than, we should not begrudge him for that, nor should we consider him to be a coward.

how many inches of reach though? cause that might be close enough to threaten him.

TheNatural

My Member!
how many inches of reach though? cause that might be close enough to threaten him.

LOL, sarcasm I hope? The guy was just prepping for a future HOFer who has a big wrestling background, shattered the myth and jaw of Fedor with an HBOMB, and had everything Chael has - with a lethal right hand.

It really makes zero sense why he would turn this fight down. Seriously, there's nothing he didn't go over to face Hendo that he would have had to change significantly against Chael. Except maybe not worrying about getting hit, and Chael would gas within one round being out of shape.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Natch has left JBJ-GAF, what a great day.

Shit was all fun and games when Dana was throwing Shogun under the bus though. Interesting to see you mention earning a match-up, former friend.

There's different circumstances for everything.

For this, Jones was just a flat out dick. He was Mr Anywhere Anytime, he claimed, for the past couple years and turns down the fight. He was bitching about what a weak draw a Machida rematch is and didn't want it, and you get the guy who talked himself into a contender right there to take the fight and he doesn't take it.

It makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Maybe Jon was on the sauce while he was being asked.

Jones seems like a meticulous guy so i'm not surprised he did not take the fight. He likes to leave no stone unturned. I wonder what type of money the ufc offered him to fight Chael?
I don't think Jones would have fought anyone on that short of notice.

I'm kinda glad the fight vs Chael did not happen the guy has been kinda bad lately he got finished by the spider and he should have lost that fight to bisping.

I do have to hand it to the UFC and their pr department they turned a situation that is mostly their fault and deflected alot of the blame on to one of their best fighters.

Heel

Shit was all fun and games when Dana was throwing Shogun under the bus though. Interesting to you mention earning a match-up, former friend.

There's a difference between refusing a title fight on 8 days notice and outright refusing a fight on any days notice when you aren't even in the title picture, friendo.

There are plenty of people who are shitting on Bones but defending Shogun's more grievous sin against MMA. Why? Bones is fighting a few weeks later against someone who "earned it" more than Chael.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
How could anyone not blame him? He was scheduled to fight next week, and the opponent changed to a much less dangerous one, he didn't take the fight?

This is also the same guy who took on Shogun on a month's notice. This is the same guy who played the 'I fight who Dana tells me to fight' card against Rashad. And this is the same guy just two weeks ago pulling his "star" card about the drawing power of a Machida rematch?

So the guy gets a signed, sealed, and delivered big mouth draw that would do way more than Machida even on short notice, and a much easier fight with a middleweight who hasn't been in serious training moving up to face him, and he won't take it?

There's virtually no risk, all reward, and it would have made everyone excited to see the card and save the fighters, the fans, and everyone else a lot of money for the event knowing if he didn't take it, it would have to be cancelled.

So yeah, I can blame him. He's a hypocritical fucking dick.

well said. jesus.

TheNatural

My Member!

Shit was all fun and games when Dana was throwing Shogun under the bus though. Interesting to see you mention earning a match-up, former friend.

Well I thought the hate Bones was getting for outside shit was lame. I don't judge a fighter by stupid shit he says, but by actions, like refusing to fight on the day they were scheduled.

And whoever said "well its partially UFC's fault for not having a good card to have a replacement main ready" is bullshit. There would have been plenty of events cancelled if the champ refused to fight on short notice a new challenger.

I mean hell, Jones would have never gotten his title shot if that happened. What if Shogun was like "Derp. I was supposed to get Rashad, not fighting this dude." Or Cigano was like "I prepared for Reem! Not slow as fuck Mir, how can I be ready???"

Seriously, this is worse than if Cigano turned down fighting Mir. Sure, in some cases the co main just is solid enough to get bumped, but also practically everyone usually does their part to accept the option that is there to keep the card going.

This is MMA, you should expect to prepare for a date, and prepare to be your best in all facets, not fucking worry about if you've seen enough tape of another fighter to find a way to grind out a 5 round Jackson decision.

Dana is right, the guy is a fucking sport killer.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There's a difference between refusing a title fight on 8 days notice and outright refusing a fight on any days notice when you aren't even in the title picture, friendo.

There are plenty of people who are shitting on Bones but defending Shogun's more grievous sin against MMA. Why? Bones is fighting a few weeks later against someone who "earned it" more than Chael.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua destroyed Ricardo Arona and future UFC World Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem in the same night. Please do not compare the fighting spirit of a Pride legend with the serpentine Jon Jones.

TheNatural

My Member!

Earned it more in who's eyes? You realize Jones was JUST bitching last fucking week about what a poor draw Machida was and will be and didn't want the fight.

So then comes available your personal hero, who talks his way into the best buyrate this year, to give Jones what he JUST fucking asked for and he doesn't take it?

Jon boy can't have it both ways. He's a hypocritical dickhead.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also, nevermind, just realized its a 20,000 post thread limit - not 10,000.

MMA OT3 will live on well past the day Jones gets fired.

Heel

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua destroyed Ricardo Arona and future UFC World Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem in the same night. Please do not compare the fighting spirit of a Pride legend with the serpentine Jon Jones.

Chamber, lets put this behind us and agree that Natch going in on Bones for politrickin' when he's the biggest Canderson fan in existence is MMA comedy at its finest. You can't even compare the two. This has to be some kind of bizarre line of trolling?

TheNatural

My Member!
Chamber, lets put this behind us and agree that Natch going in on Bones for politrickin' when he's the biggest Canderson fan in existence is MMA comedy at its finest. You can't even compare the two. This has to be some kind of bizarre line of trolling?

One guy is 2-0 versus Sonnen and one guy refuses to face him out of shape at a higher weight. You tell me.

Heel

Earned it more in who's eyes? You realize Jones was JUST bitching last fucking week about what a poor draw Machida was and will be and didn't want the fight.

So then comes available your personal hero, who talks his way into the best buyrate this year, to give Jones what he JUST fucking asked for and he doesn't take it?

Jon boy can't have it both ways. He's a hypocritical dickhead.

Is he taking the Machida fight yes or not. That is the UFC's chosen number one contender, like it or not. I personally think its a joke.

How many times has your boy bitched about fights, breh?

TheNatural

My Member!
Is he taking the Machida fight yes or not. That is the UFC's chosen number one contender, like it or not. I personally think its a joke.

How many times has your boy bitched about fights, breh?

Where's the last time a PPV was cancelled because Anderson refused to fight? Must have missed that one.

So now there's only two ways in MMA history that PPV's get cancelled. When Faildor puts a company in can status backruptcy - and Jon refuses to face an out of shape middleweight.

Impressive company there.

Heel

One guy is 2-0 versus Sonnen and one guy refuses to face him out of shape at a higher weight. You tell me.

Tell me how taking the fight a few weeks later constitutes refusing a fight. 8 days notice is on some Titan FC shit. He could be fighting Chael or Machida, UFC chose Machida. He clobbers them both, who fucking cares.

Heel

Where's the last time a PPV was cancelled because Anderson refused to fight? Must have missed that one.

So now there's only two ways in MMA history that PPV's get cancelled. When Faildor puts a company in can status backruptcy - and Jon refuses to face an out of shape middleweight.

Impressive company there.

I guess Bones should start taking year long breaks to compose himself instead of blowing through a whole division in the same timeframe.

PS your boy would get mollywopped by Jones and stays ducking. Get mad playboy.

TheNatural

My Member!
Tell me how taking the fight a few weeks later constitutes refusing a fight. 8 days notice is on some Titan FC shit. He could be fighting Chael or Machida, UFC chose Machida. He clobbers them both, who fucking cares.

Because one cancels a PPV and costs people money in a dick move - and another one doesn't - that's the difference.

BTW - Silva took on an over weight Lutter, a replacement Cote for Okami, and a replacement Maia for Vitor before when the UFC asked. No problems there. Only Jon boy has a problem so he and Greg can go circle jerk to fight tape trying to gameplan for 25 minutes of ZZZZ.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Canderson and Filipinos 3:16 are both equally embarrassing and fraudulent champions. Let's not waste time arguing who's a bigger douche.

Many moons ago, a champ by the name of Mauricio Shogoon was coming off knee surgery and was supposed to fight a man named Suga Rashad and then we found out that Suga was injured. A young man named Jonny Bones had just force choked Darth Bader and due to that win was offered a title shot against Shogoon just a month away from the date of the fight. This opportunity dramatically fast-tracked Jonny Bones's path to the championship.

As champ, Shogoon accepted a change of opponent on short notice, and now that very same fighter who benefitted from such a situation won't do the same now that the shoe is on the other foot. Yes, Mauricio Shogoon lost the fight but at least he took the fight.

Jonny Bones? That guy is a BITCH.

Never again will I pay for a ticket or a PPV to one of his fights.

Jon Jones is taking the Machida rematch fight on shorter notice than Shogun had for the Bones fight. You have no point.

Because one cancels a PPV and costs people money in a dick move - and another one doesn't - that's the difference.

Bones didn't cancel the PPV. Dana and co. did because they are idiots who try and stretch their already thin roster into 2-3 PPVs a month, meaning you get top heavy cards that have to be cancelled or go to shit when one guy gets injured. This is nobody's fault but theres. Dana is a moron and you guys are on his side? GTFO. Dana will kill the UFC as fast as he helped it rise. Book that. The UFC will never get past the SpikeTV/douchebag tier as long as he's in charge.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I guess one of the few good things we'll get out of this is that when eventually Chael Sonnen proves himself "worthy" of a title shot against Jones the trash talking and antagonism will be glorious.

Dana will probably deem a victory over Forrest as being worthy of a title shot though. :/

But at least the next year of the LHW division has been sorted out:

Jones vs. Machida
Jones vs. Hendo (if he's received the Rashad treatment and will be the perpetual No. 1 contender - I could see this fight happening before 2013 unless of fallout from this UFC 151 debacle.)
Jones vs. Shogun/Gustaffson sometime early next year
Jones vs. Sonnen for July 4th weekend

TheNatural

My Member!
Bones didn't cancel the PPV. Dana and co. did because they are idiots who try and stretch their already thin roster into 2-3 PPVs a month, meaning you get top heavy cards that have to be cancelled or go to shit when one guy gets injured. This is nobody's fault but theres. Dana is a moron and you guys are on his side? GTFO. Dana will kill the UFC as fast as he helped it rise. Book that. The UFC will never get past the SpikeTV/douchebag tier as long as he's in charge.

There's a dozen PPV's that would have been cancelled due to injury if guys didn't take replacement fighters in their spot. Reem got suspended and Mir was put in his place, you didn't see JDS bitching about it. The Brazil card hit the complete shitter but Ace took on Wandy to save some semblence of it actually being a UFC card. Faber didn't bitch about losing his title shot when he had to face Barao and hell, Dana even fucking lied to his face about who he would be fighting. And on, and on, and on. Most guys just take it with a grain of salt.

Lots of events *could* have been cancelled, but weren't, because fighters didn't act like bitches and cop out of a new fight with usually lesser opponents. Like Dana said, this is the first time a champ refused a fight, so this is what happens.

You have a date set to fight, fighters need to GO FUCKING FIGHT. It's not like his replacement option was to go fight fucking Ubereem off a cycle of roids or something or cancel the show, the option was a middleweight who just lost and is out of shape.

This examine, evaluate, study, do nothing in the cage but wait and jerk off to a decision Greg Jackson type of bullshit needs to come to an end quick. Don't know how anyone can support this stupid ass shit.

There's a dozen PPV's that would have been cancelled due to injury if guys didn't take replacement fighters in their spot. Reem got suspended and Mir was put in his place, you didn't see JDS bitching about it. The Brazil card hit the complete shitter but Ace took on Wandy to save some semblence of it actually being a UFC card. Faber didn't bitch about losing his title shot when he had to face Barao and hell, Dana even fucking lied to his face about who he would be fighting. And on, and on, and on. Most guys just take it with a grain of salt.

Lots of events *could* have been cancelled, but weren't, because fighters didn't act like bitches and cop out of a new fight with usually lesser opponents. Like Dana said, this is the first time a champ refused a fight, so this is what happens.

You have a date set to fight, fighters need to GO FUCKING FIGHT. It's not like his replacement option was to go fight fucking Ubereem off a cycle of roids or something or cancel the show, the option was a middleweight who just lost and is out of shape.

This examine, evaluate, study, do nothing in the cage but wait and jerk off to a decision Greg Jackson type of bullshit needs to come to an end quick. Don't know how anyone can support this stupid ass shit.

Frank Mir was named the replacement A COMPLETE MONTH before the fight. Not 8 days. There's a huge difference. This is nothing like the Mir/JDS situation or even the Shogun/Bones fight. 4-6 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to allow a guy to prepare for a fight. 8 days is not. Telling a guy who they will fight with 8 days advance is something for barnstorming carnival shows and scrubs looking for any bit of limelight, not for title fights. Dana would be more at home running some shitty country fair show though so I guess that makes sense. Maybe he should challenge Bones to a boxing match because that's how the president of a multimillion sports company should behave.

This idea that "FIGHTERS JUST FIGHT!" is bullshit Affliction T-shirt crap. It's something the MMA equivalent of Joe Morgan would say. These guys aren't pit bulls, nor should they be expected to behave like it. This isn't the roman colosseum. Fuck that noise.

dream

Mr. Meltzer says that the much-hyped episode of UFC Tonight with "more breaking news" is now scheduled for 1AM EST (as in 10 minutes from now).

At least those guys show up and do their jobs.

Top Bottom