• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I can't believe they announced the Machida fight without actually confirming with him...

Dana: "Yeah, go on. Fucking announce it. AND MAKE THOSE NEW FUCKING UFC 152 POSTERS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!"

Underling: "Bu-bu-bu shouldn't we wait for Machida to confir-"

Dana: "What sort of fucking idiot would turn down a title fight?"

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Somehow I see like two dozen posters who never post in here just based on Bones yellow streak.

As Dusty Rhodes would say, "its good for bidness"

We've been "blessed" with appearances from JBJ-GAF, Ryuto-GAF and now Silver-GAF. Safe to say this is the worst day in MMA-GAF history.

Heel

I'm glad Canderson grew a pair and is willing to take an L on his way out. Dana is smart enough to put that fight together with proper marketing and a venue in place, though.

Oh wait wtf he didn't want to step in and fight Bones? Lmao wow.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dana: "Yeah, go on. Fucking announce it. AND MAKE THOSE NEW FUCKING UFC 152 POSTERS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!"

Underling: "Bu-bu-bu shouldn't we wait for Machida to confir-"

Dana: "What sort of fucking idiot would turn down a title fight?"

Like my Grandpa always told me. Never trust a man who drinks his own piss. NEVER.

Words to live by.

Heel

Friends why is Anderson offering to step up to the plate and fight another 205er but not a healthy Bones? So fucking convenient lmao. What a fucking snake in the grass. Stay on vacation until you fight Weidman fraud.

industrian

Friends why is Anderson offering to step up to the plate and fight another 205er but not a healthy Bones? So fucking convenient lmao. What a fucking snake in the grass. Stay on vacation until you fight Weidman fraud.

Bones wouldn't even have needed to ask for Papa Jackson's permission to have rejected that fight.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
oh wow after reading that story it says anderson called dana (not dana called anderson) to try and save the card but it was already to late.

TheNatural

My Member!
Friends why is Anderson offering to step up to the plate and fight another 205er but not a healthy Bones? So fucking convenient lmao. What a fucking snake in the grass.

You make excuses for Bones not facing an out of shape middleweight, yet complain about an out of shape middleweight not offering to face the in training LHW champ on 8 days notice? LOL.

Get out of here with that weak ass trolling Heel. You rep dropped to zero when you put all your money on Shael to end Anderson's reign. Silva is just enjoying his two month barbeque at the expense of chicks like you.

No one is coming to save you.

afc.gif

They should have brought in Tony Lopez to fight Candyman on short notice. He would had whooped him i bet.

SteveWD40

So stuff happened while I slept...

Holy shit Dana, are you just picking names out of a hat? I assume if Vitor gets injured we will finally see James Thompson get his title shot.

industrian

So stuff happened while I slept...

Holy shit Dana, are you just picking names out of a hat? I assume if Vitor gets injured we will finally see James Thompson get his title shot.

James Thompson weighed in at about 280lbs or some shit when he fought Lashley and I doubt he'd have enough time to cut to LHW.

I know your comment was meant as a joke and all, but all things considered you never know.

TheNatural

My Member!
FYI - Jones ducked a man Anderson finished twice and now has a guy Anderson brutally KO'ed in Rd 1 next month.

The Jackson virus has fully overtaken any testicles Jones once had, so there's no way he'll finish inside of round 1, definitively and factually proving that Anderson is a better fighter - at any weight. Expect the full Jackson plan to take effect with Jones winning a 5 round crapfest. Anything less than a Round 1 finish proves Anderson is better.

Heel

Anderson needs to recuperate until 2013 when confronted with a fight vs. Weidman, but will take a free paycheck vs. some can 205er on 8 days notice? How transparent can this disgusting serpent be?

I don't wanna hear a word about this snake at 205 unless he's fighting for the title.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Anderson needs to recuperate until 2013 when confronted with a fight vs. Weidman, but will take a free paycheck vs. some can 205er on 8 days notice? How transparent can this disgusting serpent be?

I don't wanna hear a word about this snake at 205 unless he's fighting for the title.

char_1127.jpg

Heel

Lol pretty much. He threw his biggest star under the bus and now has people thinking he actually ducked Chael Sonnen. What fucking world am I in? Very odd day for the Ultimate.

I actually prefer most any match up to Bones recycling opponents like Machida. That includes Chael and Victor Gracie.

Why wouldn't you think one of your fighters would accept an early title shot? Hell, Jones did.

Why wouldn't a multi-million dollar corporation cover all it's bases before plastering posters on Facebook? Why would a multi-million dollar corporation employ someone like Dana as it's President? The wonders of the world.

As far as I'm concerned, Jones forfeited the belt to Chael when 151 got cancelled.

Can't wait to see Chael defend his Light Heavyweight Championship title against Forrest Griffin in December.. I'm not too enthused about Forrest getting a shot at the champ, but I'll allow it I guess. It's a loss that Chael needs to avenge.

Nameless

Why wouldn't a multi-million dollar corporation cover all it's bases before plastering posters on Facebook? Why would a multi-million dollar corporation employ someone like Dana as it's President? The wonders of the world.

They wouldn't because the idea that the #1 contender who took no damage in his last fight 20 days ago(so he's still in fighting shape) and has already prepared for & fought the champion once(winning a round!), wouldn't leap at the opportunity for an early title shot is so far fetched that it literally takes a pussy of Machida's magnitude to bring such a reality in to fruition.

Is Belfort the optimum choice? I don't know. But he's gotten his spirit ripped out and handed to him far less times than Machida has in the past few years. The judges gave Lyoto his last victory over a quality opponent and he was justly knocked fuck out in the rematch. He deserves nothing. I might be able to salvage some respect for him if his realizing that informed his decision to pass on 152.

SteveWD40

To be fair, I have been a Vitor fan for 12 years, since I discovered the sport, the idea of him being a Hail Mary punch away from being the LHW champ again actually makes me a little giddy.

Pimpwerx

ITT, people expose their blind hatred for JBJ. We, his fans, don't care.

The man didn't become champion by being a moron. Taking a fight against an opponent that fights the opposite style of the guy you trained for is D-U-M-B. Chael isn't some lumbering can, he can take anyone down. Jones trained for a striker. Why should he risk his belt and money just to wing it? It's only 3 days notice. That's just not smart.

It's not his fault the card got cancelled. Apparently he would have taken the Machida fight, but Machida declined. Why isn't Machida getting blame for getting the card cancelled?

Bones is a Greg Jackson fighter. Jackson is all about planning and strategy. It's no surprise at all that Jones would want to have time to strategize for his next opponent. It sucks, but that's just how it is. The cards have been getting weaker and weaker, and if you cancel an entire card due to one lost fight, then you blame the promoter, not the one fighter who managed to stay healthy.

Bones has faced the champion on short notice, and won. He's taken on the best guys in his weight class and won. He's not just won, but won handily. He's not a coward. Anyone claiming that is a fucking moron. He's not scared. He's just being careful. You don't get to stay at the top by being a retard. PEACE.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
At this rate they should just scrap the belts, what a fucking circus! Might as well have a monkey throwing darts as Joe Silva.

Complete joke that Sonnen can come off a loss in another weight division and be offered a title fight! Machida I can understand since he was next in line, but now Vitor? What in the fuck?

Top Bottom