• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Norml

Thanks guys! I listened to MMA Hour (well AfterHour) on the drive today and it passed the informative and not a bunch of dumbass bros test with flying colors.

I'll still have to give Joe a try. It's funny I used to hate the crap out of him, but I've kind of warmed to him over the last few years. Came across a neat interview Michael Schiavello*, and apparently there is one on his podcast too.

*Loved him (besides the cheezy sayings) since he called a Semy Schilt match with an Australian (whose name I forget his sig move was Rolling Thunder), took the fight on like a week notice, who went the distance, but lost, but who had tremendous heart. I recall he also rolling thundered the FUCK out of Badr Hari once...which is always good. The match had legendary commentary.

The MMA Show is pretty good too.

http://podcasts.thescore.com/programs/the-mma-show-with-mauro-ranallo

Seeing how it is Brazil and they barely got electricity a few months ago they probably just watched PRIDE on some channel so they haven't see any of the real GOATs like Bones, Andy, or GSP. Give them a few years to catch up.

Im not surprised that some backwards, third world country thinks Fedor is the best MMA fighter of all time. There are countries that think the Buffalo Bills are the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Seeing how it is Brazil and they barely got electricity a few months ago they probably just watched PRIDE on some channel so they haven't see any of the real GOATs like Bones, Andy, or GSP. Give them a few years to catch up.

Not sure why you mentioned those other two along with GSP.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Guys ready for Sonnen vs Jones tonight?!?!

If I were more AV oriented, I'd set up a UFC Undisputed match with them and the rest of their card and broadcast it as "Bad MMA Presents - The Real(tm) 151".

Fifty

I've given a bunch of MMA podcasts chances but I've never wanted to listen to any of them more than once until I found the Co Main Event podcast.

No lengthy interviews, like Ariel's show (no offense, MMA fighters, but you guys are boring to interview..too many cliches), no annoying callers, and it's not as bro-tastic as the Sherdog Radio Network.

http://comaineventpodcast.com/

I've given a bunch of MMA podcasts chances but I've never wanted to listen to any of them more than once until I found the Co Main Event podcast.

No lengthy interviews, like Ariel's show (no offense, MMA fighters, but you guys are boring to interview..too many cliches), no annoying callers, and it's not as bro-tastic as the Sherdog Radio Network.

Sweet. I'm gonna try these too. I need something to fill the void - no CAGcast or Gamescoop this week.

If I were more AV oriented, I'd set up a UFC Undisputed match with them and the rest of their card and broadcast it as "Bad MMA Presents - The Real(tm) 151".
Problem with doing that is that the card is so shitty you could only make the main event, the rest of the fighters aren't even in the game.

GungHo

Problem with doing that is that the card is so shitty you could only make the main event, the rest of the fighters aren't even in the game.

Never doubt the generic tattooed white guy creator that is CAF.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Apparently the EA UFC roster will be pretty extensive and will even include Strikeforce guys. Thank GSP for EA bringing Bad MMA to consoles.

Zeliard

Yeah, this one's fun.

GungHo

G Fex's serpentine alt account exposed. Were on to you breh.

Dammit, I'm not a Serpentor.

Dogs_gets_blanket.gif

FACE

Banned
My apologies. Does it make you all feel better that I'm not convinced that it didn't happen either? BONUS: I don't believe in UFOs.

EDIT: I should also point out that I absolutely believe we could get to the moon in 1969. Its just the relaunching from the surface of the moon part that has me curious.

The wikipedia article on the moon landing Hoax is pretty good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories#The_hoax_claims

PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_orbit_rendezvous

MMA friends its a night of firsts - drinking gin for the first time and watching Total Recall for the first time. Enjoying both.

are those the only gaming podcasts you listen to? There are so many better ones!! Tsk tsk Barbarian.

I listen to Podcast Beyond and Weekend Confirmed as well but I already listened to the new episodes this week.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
These days every time I hear more about space I just get upset that the world isn't throwing more money towards funding space programs.

FACE

Banned
You know me Tim, normally I'd never advise taking a chat like this on 3 hours notice. Lets make chicken salad out of this situation and consult the tapes to formulate a solid game plan.

First off, that American flag didn't have any wind to wave, you got that kid? Stick and move.

AldrinFlag-animation.gif

Not a very solid gameplan brother heel, note that the flag isn't moving.

ShaneB

I listen to Podcast Beyond and Weekend Confirmed as well but I already listened to the new episodes this week.

I listen to the IGN ones rarely. I don't mind Gamescoop and check it out from time to time, but that's it. Some of my favourites are Retronauts, Games Dammit, Gamers With Jobs, Wired's Gamelife, PC Gamer UK, Three Moves Ahead, etc

lol UFC can't catch a break... They schedule their super stacked (for now) Fox 5 show on December 8th which is wide open, no other big combat sports events competing with it or anything, and then just a few days ago news breaks that Manny Pacquiao is probably fighting on the same night (AGAIN), and today some news broke that Golden Boy is looking to ALSO put a big fight on at the same time, possibly with Canelo or maybe even Mayweather.

Top Bottom