• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It came across more as a Health & Safety provision than anything else.

"Now we'll let you kick people on the head when they're grounded... but you need to alert the grounded fighter about it first."

Chances are if a fighter needed to be alerted to incoming stomps/kicks then they were already onboard the express bus to Liberace Lane. So this "open attack" rule was to me was at best a fight flowbreaker or at worst a signal to finish your opponent in the most brutal way possible and a complete contradiction of that whole "refs are there to protect fighters" thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No more "Open Attack" shit? Thank god. It wasn't as much confusing as it was disruptive to the flow of the fight and/or just a glorified Mortal Kombat style "FINISH HIM!" announcement.

I wonder if we'll get Timmy vs. Arlovski V now...
They should overturn the no contest.

industrian

Even moreso with ProElite being killed.

From what I've read both Timmy and Arlovski have agreed to fight again.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Arlovski needs the W though. Guy can't catch a break.

tim_sylvia_vs_andrei_siapw.gif

He earned the victory here.
And he is beyond desperate for a win streak

That Universal Soldier gig ain't going to pay the bills forever.

industrian

tim_sylvia_vs_andrei_siapw.gif

He earned the victory here.
And he is beyond desperate for a win streak

That Universal Soldier gig ain't going to pay the bills forever.

That gif is the proof needed regarding "if a fighter needed to be alerted to incoming stomps/kicks then they were already onboard the express bus to Liberace Lane" because Sylvia was booked first class after those two punches.

If Arlovski had followed up with punches on the ground then it would have been a TKO victory. Hell, if he had done nothing it probably would have been a TKO victory as well. But when a fighter is in that "I have a 100% chance of finishing this shit right here" seeing-red beast mode and in the back of his mind knows "soccer kicks are allowed", then it's not as if he's going to wait three seconds for the ref to signal whether or not an "open attack" is deemed allowed or not. It's one of the stupidest rules I've seen in any sport.

Can anyone recommend good and free MMA podcasts? I have a lot of driving time coming uo.

http://www.mmafighting.com/mma-hour/ is probably the only one worth listening to.

I'd also recommend some of Sherdog's podcasts such as Cheap Seats.
http://www.sherdog.com/radio

They vary in quality quite a bit, but on average I'd say it is one of the better MMA podcasts out there. The Roundtable shows they do pre-UFC cards is also typically good.

I've given a bunch of MMA podcasts chances but I've never wanted to listen to any of them more than once until I found the Co Main Event podcast.

No lengthy interviews, like Ariel's show (no offense, MMA fighters, but you guys are boring to interview..too many cliches), no annoying callers, and it's not as bro-tastic as the Sherdog Radio Network.

http://comaineventpodcast.com/

Ok, gave all of these a try except for Sherdog's Cheap Seats which I'm dling now. Co-Main Event is my favorite. Its a little dry but the hosts are smart and informative .. and it doesn't hurt that they echo all my opinions about 151. I'll definitely be listening to this regularly in the future (listening to the 9/3 episode right now). MMA Hour was good too but the interviews with the fighters are boring as fuck. I liked the first 5-10 minutes when it was Ariel and that other dude just talking and giving their opinions on things. I'll probably listen to it again but definitely be hitting the FF button a lot.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
If I wasn't turrified of Philly I'd go.

God, that's right in the industrial/docks area too. That's a guaranteed death sentence or mugging. Fun fact: the only vegetation in that area is sumac trees.

It's ok. You can confound the bad guys with conspiracy theories while Manos asserts his Second Amendment rights.

I feel like a bad person, but on first impression, I thought that was a Carl's Jr. star on Tim's trunks.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Chiappetta from mmafighting.com put out these numbers.

2012 Event Injury Withdrawals
UFC 142 -- 4
UFC on FX -- 6
UFC on FOX 2 -- 4
UFC 143 -- 8
UFC on FUEL -- 1
UFC 144 -- 2
UFC on FX 2 -- 2
UFC on FUEL 2 -- 3
UFC 145 -- 1
UFC on FOX 3 -- 4
UFC on FUEL 3 -- 5
UFC 146 -- 3
TUF Finale -- 1
UFC on FX 3 -- 0
UFC on FX 4 -- 7
UFC 147 -- 2
UFC 148 -- 1
UFC on FUEL 4 -- 2
UFC 149 -- 9
UFC on FOX 4 -- 4
UFC 150 -- 3
UFC 151 -- 2
UFC 152* -- 2
UFC on FUEL 5* -- 0
UFC on FX 5* -- 1
UFC 153* -- 1

(* - denotes formally announced future event)

Boogie

Jesus, people, I get myself banned for a month, and the sport goes to hell so bad they actually cancel a UFC?

I can't leave you people alone for a minute, can I?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Even though I don't speak their language, you can totally tell he had his way with her after the interview.

Top Bottom