• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Pimpwerx

So...will all the Bone haters take back their stupid comments?

Of course not. It's all JBJ's fault...amirite? Dana should just admit he was totally out of line and apologize. Hendo, Lyoto and the UFC are all equally as culpable as Jones. That Dana laid all the blame on Bones is pretty embarrassing. PEACE.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Of course not. It's all JBJ's fault...amirite? Dana should just admit he was totally out of line and apologize. Hendo, Lyoto and the UFC are all equally as culpable as Jones. That Dana laid all the blame on Bones is pretty embarrassing. PEACE.

Fuck "Bones" and fuck you, friend.

Well said friend.

FACE

Banned
Are you guys watching the DNC? American politics can be so entertaining.

Edit: This dude on now isn't so entertaining, on an unrelated note is there a site that does some fact checking on those speeches?

Edit 2: Surprised that no one dropped a microphone so far.

Heel

Convention speakers "rallying the base" come off like cult leaders to me. Such a weird environment. Castro the young border serpent seems to have some powerful Kool-Aid.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Dana won't be able to resist a GSP/Diaz pay day

If Condit wins then that fight is an obvious lock.

But back in reality I see Diaz vs. loser of Kampmann/Hendricks on on his return from suspension and going straight into a title shot afterwards. Which will take place in 2015 due to GSP having a series of staggering injuries beginning with breaking all of his nails and ending with being told that, yes, his ass does look big in those trousers.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Who cares about Nick Diaz? 280k buys against tubby, 400k against Condit. GSP/Diaz probably the does the same number as every other St-Pierre PPV.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Are you guys watching the DNC? American politics can be so entertaining.

Edit: This dude on now isn't so entertaining, on an unrelated note is there a site that does some fact checking on those speeches?

Edit 2: Surprised that no one dropped a microphone so far.

politifact.com

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
wait... he wants GSP/Silva and Lesner/Fedor on the same card. Dana is crazy.

Crazy Dana is Best Dana.

This year has been shitty, he's probably figured that stacking cards is the way to go in the future and having a huge event each year.

Doesn't Las Vegas want to give the UFC megabucks to stage a "super event" there every year during their off season? I think I remember that announcement. I guess this sort of hypothetical card is built for that kind of situation.

DKehoe

Who cares about Nick Diaz? 280k buys against tubby, 400k against Condit. GSP/Diaz probably the does the same number as every other St-Pierre PPV.

If GSP/Diaz was going to do the same business as any other GSP fight then GSP wouldn't have been cutting a promo on Diaz in the Condit/Diaz primetime. Aside from Anderson, Diaz has the most potential for drawing against GSP.

Also, that 400k is pretty good all things considered.

VoxPop

It really blows that Diaz/GSP never happened and probably won't unless Condit somehow dethrones GSP. GSP/Silva would be the next best thing although I'm not as hyped as I would have been 2 years back when it was supposed to originally happen.

We all know pre-diverticulitis Brock would have smashed that fat Russian's face into hamburger meat. But I'll settle for the pastrami post-diverticulitis Brock will provide if it does happen.

It really blows that Diaz/GSP never happened and probably won't unless Condit somehow dethrones GSP. GSP/Silva would be the next best thing although I'm not as hyped as I would have been 2 years back when it was supposed to originally happen.

We all know pre-diverticulitis Brock would have smashed that fat Russian's face into hamburger meat. But I'll settle for the pastrami post-diverticulitis Brock will provide if it does happen.

For a moment I thought vox-pop was back, but it was just an imposter.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL good job bloody elbow

423Bn.png

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If GSP/Diaz was going to do the same business as any other GSP fight then GSP wouldn't have been cutting a promo on Diaz in the Condit/Diaz primetime. Aside from Anderson, Diaz has the most potential for drawing against GSP.

Also, that 400k is pretty good all things considered.
GSP/Diaz on Super Bowl weekend at UFC 143 would have done 1 million buys. That fight lost steam as soon as Diaz lost and got suspended for a year. Now it's just a fight that might happen 2 years after it actually should have.

I'm so down for Brock vs Fedor even if it will be watered down like Wand vs Chuck.

Too bad we didn't see Wand vs Chuck in PRIDE, Wand would have stomped his ass to oblivion same with Franklin and Bisping. Wand just can't get it done in the cage.

VoxPop

I'm so down for Brock vs Fedor even if it will be watered down like Wand vs Chuck.

Too bad we didn't see Wand vs Chuck in PRIDE, Wand would have stomped his ass to oblivion same with Franklin and Bisping. Wand just can't get it done in the cage.

What makes you think Chuck wouldn't have stomped and soccer kicked Wand into oblivion? I see Chuck beating any version of Wand, steroids or not.

What makes you think Chuck wouldn't have stomped and soccer kicked Wand into oblivion? I see Chuck beating any version of Wand, steroids or not.
PRIDE Wanderlei Ultra knee combo'd PRIDE Rampage who beat PRIDE* Chuck earlier that night. Chuck probably was thanking his lucky stars on the flight back home that he lost to 'page.

Heel

Losing to Rampage is pretty damning evidence. Wand wouldve had ol' Chuck mumblin' at least a few years earlier.

PRIDE Wanderlei Ultra knee combo'd PRIDE Rampage who beat PRIDE* Chuck earlier that night. Chuck probably was thanking his lucky stars on the flight back home that he lost to 'page.

As our fallen friend might say, that's a bingo.

Head stomps and soccer kicks are Wands main offensive. I can't see Chuck throwing quick and lethal kicks to Wand.

Wand/Aldo and Shogun are soccer kick/head stomp kings. I think its a Brazilian thing lol. When Shogun fought Vera I was screaming for some knees to the head multiple times during that fight. Remember when Wand almost kicked Bisping into a coma?

I wish we had seen Wand/Chuck in both Pride and UFC back in the day when they were both at their peaks. They both had trouble in the other org.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wand's chin was granite back in the day too. CC and Hunt couldn't hurt him. Chuck would have ended up like a baby seal in a tank with a great white.

VoxPop

MMAth is a horrible way to go about things. Wand was heavily protected throughout his Pride tenure. I find it laughable that he is considered the only MW champion despite losing to Arona twice.

Wand in no means destroyed Rampage that night aside from that last barrage. Not to mention Rampage had to fight Chuck while Wand got his protected fight against Yoshida. Chuck also got lined up with Overeem while Wand got another protected fight in Saku who he had murdered twice prior.

Chuck's counter striking sprawl & brawl style will always beat Wand's throw haymakers all day style.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
MMAth is a horrible way to go about things. Wand was heavily protected throughout his Pride tenure. I find it laughable that he is considered the only MW champion despite losing to Arona twice.

Wand in no means destroyed Rampage that night aside from that last barrage. Not to mention Rampage had to fight Chuck while Wand got his protected fight against Yoshida. Chuck also got lined up with Overeem while Wand got another protected fight in Saku who he had murdered twice prior.

Chuck's counter striking sprawl & brawl style will always beat Wand's throw haymakers all day style.

Youre joking right? Chuck did nothing but fight wrestlers and wand was heavily protected? Who ya crappin?

VoxPop

Youre joking right? Chuck did nothing but fight wrestlers and wand was heavily protected? Who ya crappin?

Wasn't aware Suloev, Babalu, Vitor, and Overeem were wrestlers. Can't fault Chuck for the UFC's top LHWs all being wrestlers at the time. One of whom had beat Wand.

Also the only good striker Wand ever beat was Rampage (who's striking wasn't even top notch till he joined Ibarra) so I wouldn't really tread in that direction.

These are some opponents after the first Saku fight where talks of him being the #1 LHW emerged.

Oyama
Otsuka
Tamura
Iwasaki
Kanehara
Cro Cop in special rules fight
Saku (2nd time)
Yoshida
Minowaman
Kondo
Rampage
Hunt
Yoshida again
Nakamura
Arona 2x (lost both imo)
Fujita

How are you going to say he wasn't protected?

Heel

Thank your for an argument that will convince no one. Since when does fighting lesser opponents make you untalented? Consult your avatar for more details.

Wand would've mollywopped Chuck no matter who he fought prior. You're in the minority on this one.

Wasn't aware Suloev, Babalu, Vitor, and Overeem were wrestlers. Can't fault Chuck for the UFC's top LHWs all being wrestlers at the time. One of whom had beat Wand.

Also the only good striker Wand ever beat was Rampage (who's striking wasn't even top notch till he joined Ibarra) so I wouldn't really tread in that direction.

These are some opponents after the first Saku fight where talks of him being the #1 LHW emerged.

Oyama
Otsuka
Tamura
Iwasaki
Kanehara
Cro Cop in special rules fight
Saku (2nd time)
Yoshida
Minowaman
Kondo
Rampage
Hunt

Yoshida again
Nakamura
Arona 2x (lost both imo)
Fujita

How are you going to say he wasn't protected?

Otsuka was solid
Crocop is a beast
Saku? really?
Yoshida was also a HW
Kondo was undefeated
Minowman is solid
Rampage, is the guy that destroyed Chuck
Hunt was an undefeated HW beast
Arona was a top guy
Fujita is solid

U are also forgetting Hendo and Crocop 2 and Rampage 2. How was Wand protected when hes fighting Mark Fucking Hunt? who Wand was outweighed by 100 lbs. That is unheard of in these days. Who has Chuck beat? Tito? Babalu? Protected or not, its still much more impressive than Chuck.

Top Bottom