• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

DKehoe

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Say what you you will about our legends but god damn..Wand and Chuck never pulled out of a fight because of a pulled vagina. This shit is an epidemic now. Smh.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
So true.

I wish I could change avatars from work.

tumblr_lewwf4oMhK1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They really just need to sign a main event fight with 3 guys from the start. The third man is the alternate, so he'll be in shape when called upon.

That, or schedule cards with similar weight classes/talent levels within two weeks of each other. That way if one drops out, a fill-in will be ready.

Pimpwerx

Hey everyone, let's get mad at the man who hasn't had to miss a fight due to some stupid injury, and actually saved a card by taking a fight on short notice. Clearly, HE is the problem with this sport...that coward. Amirite?

It should be company policy that you can't ride a motorcycle when you're scheduled for a fight. Pro sports have clauses they put in contracts forbidding that sort of thing, which is why Roethlisberger and Winslow got in trouble when they got in bike accidents. There's too much money on the line. A fighter's purse should be reduced if they suffer an idiotic injury like that. That's just fucking stupid...no way around it. PEACE.

VoxPop

Melendez would be a great last minute replacement for Aldo. Too bad he's not Brazilian though.

They just might have to scrap the entire event again. It's just not worth keeping especially with Rampage out too.

Fifty

There's no way in hell they'd scrap the event. Dana would fight Anderson Silva himself before he'd want to deal with the shit storm that would create.

Heel

There's no way in hell they'd scrap the event. Dana would fight Anderson Silva himself before he'd want to deal with the shit storm that would create.

Yeah, let's be real, were talking about a company that put on UFC 147 in the same country without apology.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
:( at the complete and utter self-destruction of another UFC card especially one as god-tier as this one.

My picks for replacements:

Edgar taken off the card completely. Aldo/Edgar can wait. Unless they can find another Brazillian for Edgar to fight then it's a waste.

Rampage replaced with Rashad. Suga is training Belfort so it's not as if he's inactive. Failing that, some dude like Griggs or Te-Huna. The problem here is that this fight is probably going to end up as the main event, so you need a name for it.

I guess this means that we have the potential of Rampage vs. Shogun sometime in 2013.

VoxPop said:
Maybe Anderson Silva can save the card against Rashad or a LHW tilt against Hendo or Glover?

Hendo vs. Glover isn't happening. Hendo's got his money in the bank briefcase and Glover is being built up as a contender. Putting them together would just derail someone's career.

Total steps down. He just KTFO the guy that KTFO Barry and Herman is on a 3 fight skid. Hunt needs Carwin or maybe even Zaga.

I'd take a guaranteed scrap over the concept of being "a step down." It's either fighting guys like that on the Australia card or not fighting again until 2013.

VoxPop

:( at the complete and utter self-destruction of another UFC card especially one as god-tier as this one.

My picks for replacements:

Edgar taken off the card completely. Aldo/Edgar can wait. Unless they can find another Brazillian for Edgar to fight then it's a waste.

Rampage replaced with Rashad. Suga is training Belfort so it's not as if he's inactive. Failing that, some dude like Griggs or Te-Huna. The problem here is that this fight is probably going to end up as the main event, so you need a name for it.

I guess this means that we have the potential of Rampage vs. Shogun sometime in 2013.

Hendo vs. Glover isn't happening. Hendo's got his money in the bank briefcase and Glover is being built up as a contender. Putting them together would just derail someone's career.

I'd take a guaranteed scrap over the concept of being "a step down." It's either fighting guys like that on the Australia card or not fighting again until 2013.

I meant Silva vs Glover or Hendo. Silva said he wouldve took a fight at 205 to save 151, don't see why he can't do the same for 153.

TheNatural

My Member!
Fuck these guys who keep getting injured.

Fucking amateurs

What you gotta understand is that these guys are fucking studs. Aldo got hit with a fucking car and any other guy would be on their death bed, but this guy goes out and trains his ass off.

Top Bottom