• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

I thought we were past this, guys.

I don't remember the last time I watched any Bad MMA. Anything I miss in the last couple weeks worth searching down? Last thing I saw was OneFC.

Also stopped watching SFL Challengers due to lack of time and oversaturation. Seems like there's a new 45 min ep every other day.

TPF 14

Avoid: Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Micah Miller

Must See: Andre Fili vs. Ricky Wallace, Rolando Velasco vs. Antonio Duarte, all other rights reffed by Marcos Rosales

TheNatural

My Member!
It won't happen but I would love for them to cut the Fuel TV cards.

I've always said if they want to have more presence they should just do a boxing-esque Friday Night Fights card each week with regional BadMMA fighters. No one gives a shit about these cards anyway, so it doesn't matter if Stipe vs. Struve or Browne vs. Bigfoot is main eventing or just some local shitty fighter that would otherwise be in ProElite or as a TUF contestant.

Scrap TUF format. Take different region guys and just have a 32 man tourney or something like a big ass Bellator. Put them in small ass arenas/bars like FNF. Tada - you got MMA filling the schedule, you keep fighters that are name enough to fill a card available to do just that, and you have less shows.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Break into NY and host them here
hammerstein-ballroom.jpg

Heel

The main problem is they need all of those shows to support the size of their roster. What are they going to do, cut a fourth of their fighters overnight? I don't think they want to let go of their stranglehold on talent, even if they are a bunch of unmarketed Joes.

They're utilizing UFC prelims as an exclusive farm league instead of letting them fight on the free market where they can get scooped. That's what they should be using Strikeforce for IMO.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Have 12 PPV events. 12 TV events. 2 events per month.
Use the TV event to promote the PPV.
Schedule a main event on the TV event in the same weight class as the main event of the PPV.
If one of the guys in the PPV main event drops out, insert guy from TV event.

Use Strikeforce as a feeder league.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Have 12 PPV events. 12 TV events. 2 events per month.
Use the TV event to promote the PPV.
Schedule a main event on the TV event in the same weight class as the main event of the PPV.
If one of the guys in the PPV main event drops out, insert guy from TV event.

Use Strikeforce as a feeder league.

That's pretty much the schedule now that has people complaining about too many events. 2012 has 13 PPVs (not counting 151), 4 Fox cards, 4 FX cards, and 4 Fuel cards.

TheNatural

My Member!
That's pretty much the schedule now that has people complaining about too many events. 2012 has 13 PPVs (not counting 151), 4 Fox cards, 4 FX cards, and 4 Fuel cards.

Well there's 31 shows this year, so you're close. Do about 20 or so total and they'll be alright.

dem

Why are they wasting Nog on Dave Herman?
Fuck that kind of matchmaking annoys me

Its like when they brought Crocop to the UFC and didn't make Crocop vs Arlovski.
No lets make Crocop vs Eddy Sanchez

Dave herman just got killed by Roy Nelson and Struve. Why the fuck does he get to fight Big Nog? He should be fighting on the undercard of an FX show.

He's getting kicked UP the ladder. If he loses to Nog is Herman in line for a title shot?

Fifty

I guess they'd be choosing sports entertainment over actual sports.

Matt Mitrione said last week on Ariel's show that he wanted to fight sooner than at his scheduled bout at UFC 155 against Phil De Fries, so I would rather see him moved up and take a fight like this than waste it on Herman.. But again, the UFC would be booking this fight because they want Nog to get a win, nothing more.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh welcome back Fersis, we've missed you in these parts. I think BJ Penn would take offense to Nike stealing his slogan though.
I check this thread daily but most of the time i dont get what the hell is going on >_<

Heel

Its like when they brought Crocop to the UFC and didn't make Crocop vs Arlovski.

Dave herman just got killed by Roy Nelson and Struve. Why the fuck does he get to fight Big Nog? He should be fighting on the undercard of an FX show.

He's getting kicked UP the ladder. If he loses to Nog is Herman in line for a title shot?

Uh, who should Nog be fighting in the year 2012 after getting his arm snapped in half? It's a fun fight on paper if you ask me.

dem

Oh don't get me wrong...
its entirely possible zombie Nog loses.

But at least let him lose to a decent up and comer. Not a turd like Dave Herman.

Heel

Oh don't get me wrong...
its entirely possible zombie Nog loses.

But at least let him lose to a decent up and comer. Not a turd like Dave Herman.

Like who? I'm not sure what you have against Herman. He's probably the most exciting jobber in the whole division.

ldcommando

Banned
Well, if it is for saving 153 it looks like it´s more of a case of Big nog vs anyone. Herman was probably the 53425th fighter they called that took the fight. After some lhws.
They are trying to trick us brazilians by putting a fighter we love so we dont ask for refunds. Even if the fight doesn´t matter at all.
Fuck 153 still.

Heel

Anderson will fight some non threat at 205, walking away with an easy paycheck while being paraded around as some kind of hero for saving the card. I guess we should forget he needed to rest until 2013 when confronted with an actual contender?

Transparent serpentry further cementing his legacy of lies and deceit.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Left MMA due to employable skills? Has this happened before?

Hard to have that hunger when you don't go hungry.

I don't know if it's happened at that level, but there were more than a couple of the TUF guys who had actual careers that they put on hold to be on the show and then ended up going back to them.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

The only 2 "high-level" heavyweights not booked right now are Pat Barry and Dave Herman. So basically it's a case of "there's no-one else."

Hopefully this career turn at his peak works out better than Brock and the Vikings did.

Maybe it has something to do with not being challenged enough and not receiving enough pay. After all, due to Bellator's tournament system he only fought twice in 2011-2011 compared to seven times in 2010.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hey guys.

Bonnar is fighting Anderson Silva in the main event of 153

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30610/usa-today-anderson-silva-vs-stephan-bonnar-headlines-ufc-153.mma
(insert lols here)

Anderson will fight some non threat at 205, walking away with an easy paycheck while being paraded around as some kind of hero for saving the card. I guess we should forget he needed to rest until 2013 when confronted with an actual contender?

Transparent serpentry further cementing his legacy of lies and deceit.

industrian

Well I figure this is what Bonnar wants the most, a big name fight so he can ease into retirement. But I just find it highly crazy that Anderson of all people is fighting him.

dem

I'm calling it now... Bonnar wins

I guess no one wants to fight Glover.... Cause I don't even know who Maldonado is.

Heel

Hey guys.

Bonnar is fighting Anderson Silva in the main event of 153

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30610/usa-today-anderson-silva-vs-stephan-bonnar-headlines-ufc-153.mma
(insert lols here)

Also, irellevant LHW Fabio Maldonado somehow talked his way, Vitor-style, into a really significant fight, as he moves from a prelim of the UK card to the co-main of this.

What you gotta understand is, Stephen Bonnar is a fucking stud.
lol[

Very happy with Maldonado vs. Glover. Beautiful match up and he deserves it.

industrian

I guess that Vitor will end up on this card as well somehow.

When he pulls out of UFC 152 due to injury.

Top Bottom