• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

anderson-silva-32.jpg

Someone with fancy photoshop skills get a face on that mans body. I can't unsee.
Seeing TBC in the background made me think of yacob

:(

I agree, but I've seen people getting banned for similar comments after lexi got involved.

Well in that case, I'll see you guys in Nerd Chat. Fitting that if it happens, it's on the anniversary of Tupac's death.

Anytime you want to see me again
Refresh this thread, close your eyes
Picture me 'trollin.

UFC is doing some PRIDE style fun match making when you think about it. At first I was like WTF at Silva vs Bonnar, Vitor vs Jones and Nog vs Herman, but they might even be entertaining like Shogun vs Vera, or at the very least produce a highlight reel finish.

Pride really never dies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People who quicky quote or try to dig into anything they think will get someone banned is the absolute worst thing on GAF. These beta culturists need put on blast.

The way Gaffers get wet at the idea of someone being banned really does need to be discussed. Then again, these are the same Gaffers who worship the local celebrities too.

Heel

The way Gaffers get wet at the idea of someone being banned really does need to be discussed. Then again, these are the same Gaffers who worship the local celebrities too.

AND
HERE
WE
GO.

popcorn.gif

Dont let me catch any of you participating in this corny behavior lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
People who quicky quote or try to dig into anything they think will get someone banned is the absolute worst thing on GAF. These beta culturists need put on blast.
Agreed friends. I would love to start a topic on this but I fully expect those same people would enter the thread with the same intent. Not forgetting to mention that the "Is GAF too strict" thread already has members snitching on each other.

TheNatural

My Member!
Agreed friends. I would love to start a topic on this but I fully expect those same people would enter the thread with the same intent. Not forgetting to mention that the "Is GAF too strict" thread already has members snitching on each other.

Then again, 90% of this board only know conflict from anime and JRPG's. This is how they live their lives.

Im happy for Bonnar though. Dude is a legitimate good guy. I remember at 139 where he beat Kingsbury's ass but some were booing cause i guess they felt it was getting boring, dude legitimately felt bad about it even though all he did was put on a clinic the whole fight.

Dude is gonna go out like a warrior one way or another and he should be happy about that.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
So in UFC 152 and 153 we have the chance for insane upsets. Vitor beating Jones and Bonnar beating Silva. 99% chance of not happening, but even one of those upsets occurring would break the internet.

But I'm still waiting on the news of Vitor being injured. And if that doesn't happen then I'm waiting to hear Vitor tell Joe Rogan that he fought through an injury.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

I sometimes get excited about forthcoming bans. It really depends on what the ban is for... I mean, if it's someone saying one of the "dirty words" or something, that's nothing to be concerned about. But, if it's someone going on some paranoiac, racist tirade, then it's like "ooooh, someone gonna get got." I do get a little bothered when it becomes obvious that someone got greased just because they stepped on someone's pet peeve when it seems like a PM saying "hey, when you say it this way, it bugs people" might resolve the issue.

Man UFC 153 has truly gone from chicken shit to chicken salad. I had no interest in it before but now I can't wait.

Speaking of chicken shit - TUF 16 tonight! (I'm desperate for anything to fill the mma void in my life)

EDIT: And I read that Dana article earlier where he puts Jackson on blast. Normally I don't agree with the things he says, especially when he's beefing against someone but I do have to agree with one of Dana's points - Greg does this thing where he makes it seem like all the guys that fight for him are best friends and therefore he takes one of the largest stables of UFC fighters and makes it that they can never be matched up with one another. In a way I get it because its probably terrible for morale to have one guy beat another and they have to be in the same room and everyone is walking on egg shells at the gym. But it just sucks for the fans that a lot of match ups are being blocked.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Greg does this thing where he makes it seem like all the guys that fight for him are best friends and therefore he takes one of the largest stables of UFC fighters and makes it that they can never be matched up with one another. In a way I get it because its probably terrible for morale to have one guy beat another and they have to be in the same room and everyone is walking on egg shells at the gym. But it just sucks for the fans that a lot of match ups are being blocked.

At best he comes across as a businessman masquerading as "Sensei Jackson." At worst he comes across as a cult leader.

I intially interpreted this as "Les Nessman". I enjoy my version of reality.

After 12 years I finally get the Eminem reference.

With these crazy odds, I am dropping a bill on both Vitor & Bonnar. If they both win than I will have a nice little payday. Thinking of even dropping a bill on Stann.

Top Bottom