• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

dream

For fight fans who hate watching UFC competitors go to ground, U.K. promoters are set to unveil an all new blood sport – the most violent competition on two wheels.

The first wheelchair bouts for physically challenged MMA fighters will reportedly take place in South Yorkshire, England later this year, according to Fighters Only.

“We have come together to bring both amputees and wheeled fighters into the ring to compete just like any other,” Colin Woods, head of Wheeled Warriors, told the U.K.-based online magazine. “It is clear this concept is well-received and ahead of its time as very few would expect something of its kind to come to fruition so soon.”

As utilized by Paralympians in a variety of sports, fighters will use specially designed chairs commonly used in sports like wheelchair basketball and rugby.

Although it’s believed the fights will be the first of their kind, wheelchair boxing events have already taken place across the U.S. and debate rages on as to whether boxing should become a Paralympic sport.

“This is a great collaboration which surely will improve sports and will continue to grow for the foreseeable future," Woods told Fighters Only.

The event is being organized by Wheeled Warriors and the Ultimate Cage Fighting Championships.

I bet this will end up being more fun than the Ultimate.

You don't like that guys sweet Jesus chain tat?

I think all Jesus lovin' fighters are silly, you are getting paid to knock people out!

And that tattoo is just ugly and dumb, I bet he learnt that from his dad as well

Roy Nelson is confused on Twitter, he claims his fight commentary isn't matching up with the fights in the Octagon

ROFL

I'm glad red mohawk guy was picked last.....

Oh man, I'm glad this went back to being a taped show....looks like the doucheness and dudebroness is back

JimiNutz

Banned
Does anyone in the UK know if TUF is being shown anywhere?
Last season ESPN had it but I had a look yesterday and couldn't find it.

SteveWD40

The "Smashes" (lol liek ashes mirite?) intrigues me for two reasons:

1. Has Pearson moved back to LW or has Gsot moved down?

2. Will they stack the odds in favour of the underdog again like they did for TUF 9? In this case the Aussies, in an attempt to grow the sport.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm curious as to how TUF will turn out next year, due to them announcing TUF in India, the rumoured series in Japan, and potentially another series of TUF Brazil, etc. Maybe the concept of the TUF "World Cup" is finally taking shape.

And we've had USA vs. UK and now UK vs. Australia. How about a USA vs. Brazil (Uncle Chael vs. Vitor/Wanderlei) series? I'd also pitch the idea of Canada vs. Brazil to add even more hype to the Anderson vs. GSP fight, but I doubt it would need it.

Damn Manos you got me. Based on your latest thread title I thought you were a part of the most beta culture on the internet but then I entered the thread and was relieved to see how alpha the content was.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
One of the reasons why I'd like to live in the USA is to have a gun collection. I've been a fan of guns since I was a kid. But your third world healthcare system dissuades me from emigrating.

I have never seen a single episode of TUF in my life.

What am I missing out on?

Here's every season in a nutshell:

• A guy with 'dat personality' pulls a prank on a serious dude and they almost fight.
  • Another guy with 'dat personality' has silly hair ... lets say a pink mohawk
  • A lot of crying
  • The phrase "I'm doing this for my kid and/or family" gets bandied about
  • Squash matches or gassed bad mma
  • Fake beef between the coaches
  • A hole gets punched in a door and/or wall
  • Someone gets too drunk

If you want to watch old seasons, season 7 probably has the largest stable of fighters that are still active. Season 8 was the most entertaining (Junie Browning).

Do they not still put semen in each other's food and piss in their gear? Also someone's girl is being weird on text and the fighter cries a lot and "can't do this anymore."

Do they not still put semen in each other's food and piss in their gear? Also someone's girl is being weird on text and the fighter cries a lot and "can't do this anymore."

I'm trying to remember what season that was where the guy couldn't handle not talking to his girlfriend so he jumps the fence and goes to a gas station to call her and then gets kicked off the show.

After doing a little wiki research I think I might be mixing TUF 3's Noah Inhofer (who gets a letter saying his girifriend is cheating on him so he quits the show to go home) and TUF 4's Jeremy Jackson who jumps the fence to talk to a lifeguard girl he met earlier.

EDIT: Whoa! Jackson was sentenced to 25 years in jail for aggravated rape. So that makes at least two TUF contestants who've been to jail for rape - the other being Mike Whitehead.

Top Bottom