• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

guys what the fuck.

why do we even care about this sport anymore.

can we just get one good main event to actually happen this year for fuck's sake?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
If I didn't know more about the training environment, I'd swear that there's some insurance scam.

Chad Griggs dropped to LHW? And he's fighting Cyrille Diabate next? Man say goodbye to your life Cyrille "Gary" Diabate.

If I didn't know more about the training environment, I'd swear that there's some insurance scam.

FrontRowBrian claims the majority of 'injuries' are due to guys who aren't getting the timing of their cycling right.

VoxPop

Na most overrated were Chuck, Tito, Randy and Arlovski.

Chuck not so much.

I mean Tito did LNP your precious Wand and sent him packing to Japan. I don't think anyone really thought Tito was dangerous.

Randy just wasn't consistent.

AA's only big wins in 13 years was Big Country and Werdum both of whom were pretty irrelevant when they fought. He's basically the CroCop of the UFC who's only big wins were over Barnett and a bunch of undersized fighters.

They should move Werdum to fight Cormier in place of Mir.

Chuck not so much.

I mean Tito did LNP your precious Wand and sent him packing to Japan. I don't think anyone really thought Tito was dangerous.

Randy just wasn't consistent.

AA's only big wins in 13 years was Big Country and Werdum both of whom were pretty irrelevant when they fought. He's basically the CroCop of the UFC who's only big wins were over Barnett and a bunch of undersized fighters.

They should move Werdum to fight Cormier in place of Mir.

Randys 19-11 record tell me otherwise. Also losing to Barnett, who you claim is overrated also has a win against the guy that dominated Randy for 5 rounds. Barnett has a better HW record than Randy.

Tito's best win was a LNP victory vs Wand and a post WWE/Don Frye war Shamrock. If Tito fought Wand today he would get his ass kicked.

Any version of CC would beat AA. Current CC could probably take a prime AA.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
FrontRowBrian claims the majority of 'injuries' are due to guys who aren't getting the timing of their cycling right.
And you don't think the UFC actually checks to see if they're injured? C'mon man.

While I'm inclined to believe that this would be the case with B-tier fighters, I'm pretty sure that A-tier fighters would get a free pass due to a combination of face-saving from the UFC and doctor's notes written by the same breed of professionals as Hector Oscar Molina.

And you don't think the UFC actually checks to see if they're injured? C'mon man.

I didn't say anything about what I think. I said what FrontRowBrian claims. I don't think one bit of it has to do with cycling. With the exception of Erick Koch I think all the injury stories lately are legit.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I didn't say anything about what I think. I said what FrontRowBrian claims. I don't think one bit of it has to do with cycling. With the exception of Erick Koch I think all the injury stories lately are legit.

And despite my insurance scam comment, I think they are legit as well. I think they are really training way too hard and are taking stupid risks like a bunch of jock meatheads rather than martial artists.

TheNatural

My Member!
And despite my insurance scam comment, I think they are legit as well. I think they are really training way too hard and are taking stupid risks like a bunch of jock meatheads rather than martial artists.

I've always said what the problem is.

This is what happens with fighters:

1) After a fight they take a month or two off, not doing anything, eating like shit, putting on weight, and just not in general giving a fuck.

2) Fight announced 3-4 months out, so time for "peak" training mode. Eat, train, go harder and harder up until a point where the fight is scheduled to begin so you're at a "so called" 100% level

Problem is, guys are coming from doing jack shit to ramping up too far when guys should be doing this:

1) After a fight, take a week off, and then go back into a general training schedule and solid, but not nuts diet

2) Keep eyes out on fights to stay active, and then when a fight is open, take it, and since they're not starting from point A and already in shape, just ramp it up a little bit in preparation for the fight. Do this throughout the year.

For some reason, managers, trainers, or whatever believe this "peak" training shit is the way to go. So the level of intensity and how fight ready the fighters are looks like a roller coaster all year, when it should look like moderate waves. I've never seen a fighter do better just because they have long layoffs. The alleged benefits of doing this, I've never seen and it's missing out on all the shit like not being injured, being more relaxed and loose in the fight, and so on that an 365 day a year active fighter has.

Just look at Rampage and how often he's been hurt the last few years and shit, perfect example. The guy literally does jack shit on his time off, then when a fight is announced it's training time from the bare bottom instead of starting in reasonable shape. Then he always gets hurt, or fights hurt apparently. No shocker there. I wish this shit philosophy would change. MMA fighters need to train more like a WWE wrestler working a full time schedule rather than a boxer.

VoxPop

Randys 19-11 record tell me otherwise. Also losing to Barnett, who you claim is overrated also has a win against the guy that dominated Randy for 5 rounds. Barnett has a better HW record than Randy.

Tito's best win was a LNP victory vs Wand and a post WWE/Don Frye war Shamrock. If Tito fought Wand today he would get his ass kicked.

Any version of CC would beat AA. Current CC could probably take a prime AA.

Lol? Barnett was roided to the gill when he beat Randy and ousted from the UFC. Barnett struggled the entire fight as well.

Barnett never beat a HW worth a damn except Nog in a close fight in which he lost the rematch right after.

Tito also happened to beat the guy who obliterated your Pride poster boy in less than a minute. Prime Tito would beat any version of Wand.

Lol'd. CroCop got absolutely annihilated in the UFC which he was supposedly going to clear out with ease. Getting KTFO by a BJJ guy in the process. Current CC could beat AA? Lmao

Dude was about to lose about to PAT FUCKING BARRY! LOL! and got put into living death by THIS guy

165f8o.jpg
<--- Don't know why that site is censored but it sucks not being able to guess who KO'd him huh?

Don't get me wrong, Tito and Arlovski are definitely overrated, but not as much as their Pride counterparts.

TheNatural

My Member!
Keep telling yourself that.

OK I will. Just like I said the Sonnen rematch was a complete waste of time and he was going to win easily and did. Glad so much argument was wasted on that can who had no chance too.

I don't understand why people continue to get behind junk fighters who would supposedly win over him. I want to see a Silva-GSP superfight next year, not Silva vs. an amateur.

Heel

Scumbag Natch: Complains that Anderson only has so many more fights before he retires that shouldn't be wasted, tries to justify a fight vs. Stephen fucking Bonnar.

Ballgame.

While I'm inclined to believe that this would be the case with B-tier fighters, I'm pretty sure that A-tier fighters would get a free pass due to a combination of face-saving from the UFC and doctor's notes written by the same breed of professionals as Hector Oscar Molina.
Here we go again with Molina. The Texas AC employed him as an on site fight doctor, it's not like Overeem seeked out some sketchy back-alley doctor, he looked no further than the venue where fighters were being treated to see a commission-approved physician.
Scumbag Natch: Complains that Anderson only has so many more fights before he retires that shouldn't be wasted, tries to justify a fight vs. Stephen fucking Bonnar.

Ballgame.
OH COME ON HEEL

You're giving Natch a bit TOO much work!

TheNatural

My Member!

Ballgame.

It wasn't a planned fight dumbass, it was a replacement one. You know, when guys actually fight to save cards? But you know nothing about that based on who you defend.

It'd be really nice to see Vitor win this weekend. The dude has always been a big time competitor but could never really beat the best of the best.

Either way it's gonna be a fun fight that is almost guaranteed to end in a finish.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Ballgame.

id3AIi.gif

Can you believe the lengths these tools are going through to discredit Weidman? Worst fanbase in sports.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Off topic, but there's been what can only be described as a Steven Seagal Season on Taiwanese TV. Pretty much every movie channel is showing his movies. And I like Under Siege as much as anybody, but there's such a thing as too much Seagal. And when they're showing Half Past Dead and Kill Switch ten times a week I think that line has been crossed.

There was no wind blowing on those injury reports. It's cool Tim, we're all friends here.

I like to watch Youtube videos of cysts and staph infections being drained and popped. Is that more or less deplorable than being sexually attracted to a 16 year old?

Top Bottom