• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Im f*cking hyped for the fights. Come on brahs, get pumped with me!!!

justbleed.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Is it me or has there not been an Ultimate for a while?. I haven't been watching TUF or any BADMMA either.... so I'm actually interested in watching some fights. But that's probably the rum talking.

Who has the shittest tattoos in all of MMA? I'd say Lebman is up there with his awful hand tattoos.

Jeff Monson, Kryzsztoff Soszynski, Alan Belcher, and anyone with the angel wings tattoo - Max Holloway, Tony Ferguson, etc

Is it me or has there not been an Ultimate for a while?. I haven't been watching TUF or any BADMMA either.... so I'm actually interested in watching some fights. But that's probably the rum talking.

August 11th was the last event.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Not sure that BadMMA was worth staying up for. At least Rumble is fighting where he belongs.

I figure that if he makes weight and wins 2-3 more times then it's inevitable that Dana will give him a call.
To fight Mousasi for the Strikeforce LHW title.

I figure that if he makes weight and wins 2-3 more times then it's inevitable that Dana will give him a call.
To fight Mousasi for the Strikeforce LHW title.

I actually think this latest appearance has opened him up for availibility again. He's 3-0 now with 2 KO finishes. And Rosholt is no joke. He's pretty un-canish for being in Bad MMA. Plus I think just the fact that Johnson has recognized he wasn't a middleweight and has moved to LHW was enough to send a message to UFC brass.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I actually think this latest appearance has opened him up for availibility again. He's 3-0 now with 2 KO finishes. And Rosholt is no joke. He's pretty un-canish for being in Bad MMA. Plus I think just the fact that Johnson has recognized he wasn't a middleweight and has moved to LHW was enough to send a message to UFC brass.

Well, he realised he's not a welterweight, and was forced to become a LHW really. But as long as he's fully embraced that 205's the lowest he should fight then he'll go far.

I could see the UFC eventually calling him up if he continues to demonstrate his discipline at maintaining weight. But I see that as more of an indication of the UFC's LHW division needing fresh victims for Jones. Otherwise he'd be joining Marquardt in the "I'm sorry Dana, really sorry, give me another chance!" club in Strikeforce.

WaltJay

Thanks. It's the 2nd sports-related app I've shipped this month so I'm dog tired...but also really looking forward to seeing how it holds up leading into tomorrow's PPV. Any feedback that you guys have, feel free to PM me as we're always looking for ways to make it better for MMA fans.

I just installed it. Pretty slick app. I use the one on XBL quite a bit.

As far as a wish list, getting embedded UFC videos on the app might be a stretch or a long-term goal, but a simple tab with a calendar of upcoming events would be great (something like this http://mmajunkie.com/Events ). To be able to add a reminder for a particular event would be even better.

Half the time I forget what UFC event is when and what the fight card is (especially with all the injuries). To have an app with all that info in one place would be great.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

The lack of MMA has had the opposite effect on me. I'll be watching tonight but I'm not excited or interested at all.

Is nerd chat going to be full of Jones fans or has he lost all his fans by now?

I think I need to watch UFC and join nerd chat just to feel a little bit normal. I'm so fucking disoriented right now. All i think about is work.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Something needs to be done to shake it up around here unless you'd rather spend countless more pages arguing whether or not Pride Legend A and UFC Legend B were cans all along.

I welcome our new JBJ-GAF overlords.

TheNatural

My Member!
Horrible 24 hours for me, so I'm probably not watching tonight. Car battery is shot all to hell, call Triple A and they give me a charge that *just* gets me home after part of the expressway is conveniently closed this weekend, while having to take a piss badly. Then this morning, lugging a 50 pound battery with me on a bus to get a new one for almost $100 and back. Didn't sleep much at all last night, and now have the most horrible headache in the back of my neck, close to throwing up it's so bad.

Fuck life and fuck Jon Jones. Not worth it tonight. :(

Hope my underdog picks pan out. My 30 gets me 142.50 if Vitor does the improbable. While I was at it I put 45 on the impossible Bonnar upset. My belief in that miracle could get me 337.50 (or 75 down the drain)

I figure this way I artificially make these two main events interesting for me.

Heel

Morning Report: Anderson Silva Tells Chris Weidman to 'Work and Wait for Your Opportunity'

"Everything has it's time," Silva replied in a conference call with Brazilian media, translated by Guilherme Cruz of Tatame. "He'll have his opportunity to fight for the belt. Maybe I fight next before he gets the shot, I lose and he fights someone else. We don't know. I can fight Bonnar, lose and say: ‘you know what, I don't want it anymore'. Or maybe I win and say ‘I don't want this anymore'. Or maybe drop to welterweight or move up to heavyweight. Anything can happen. Every UFC fighter will have their chance. You have to work and wait for your opportunity."

Dat legacy of lies.

Jones "ducks" guys that don't deserve to be in the same building with him, and he's a pussy. Canderson ducks a legit, in his prime contender and nobody cares. But hey he's fighting Stephan Bonnar!

The taste of the salty tears of Jones haters will be even more satisfying then Ryu fans after Machida loses. I can't wait for the moment when Jones KOs Belfort tonight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Boetsch, you're talking like anyone actually expects Belfort to win. You can't talk about salty tears when Jones is like a 10-1 favorite.

Boetsch, you're talking like anyone actually expects Belfort to win. You can't talk about salty tears when Jones is like a 10-1 favorite.

I was mostly talking about Sherdog. Almost every thread in the UFC section right now is about hating Jones or 'Belfort will win'.

I just don't think Anderson cares about Weidman at all. He's really a nobody that just beat another nobody. I don't blame him for not wanting to fight Generic Weidman. He's like 38 years old and deserves only big fights at this point. This Bonnar fight was just put together half asses due to injuries, though I hope he fights Evans. The GSP fight should have happened years ago.

Boogie

Brothers, I need help.

I am in Chicago tonight (road tripping across America) and the concierge had no idea where I could watch the fights tonight. He called four places, and none of them were showing it.

I'm staying pretty close to downtown, anybody local to Chicago with some options for me?

Heel

Let the truth of your beloved trainer be shown though, when he infects Jones with his virus so thoroughly that he can only decision a middleweight that Anderson destroyed in a matter of minutes.

Let's cut the bet short to whether or not Bones will finish Victor then.

I'll do it, and I'll even put up my thread posting for the rest of the year.

I don't want you to stop posting or anything, just the avatar bet. Lets make it valid until Bones finishes someone if I lose, and until Bones decisions someone if you lose. Deal?

You're on.

Let the brainstorming begin my friends.

Top Bottom