• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
n2K9c.jpg

iEWQZ2ww0qnPB.gif

FACE

Banned
A case could be made for Koscheck, but I'd be hesitant since GSP did not finish a guy that fought with one usable eye for 20 minutes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Gentlemen from this thread. Its like Mckayla for the rest of us who arent in the bushes of a middle school with a camera and a tube of jergens.

TheNatural

My Member!
Fighters who were scheduled to compete for Strikeforce on Saturday will still be compensated, despite the cancellation of the company’s “Melendez vs. Healy” card.

While exact figures were not revealed, Sherdog.com confirmed Tuesday with sources close to the event that Strikeforce parent company Zuffa, LLC, still plans to provide some form of payment to the fighters on the Sept. 29 bill, which was slated to take place at Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento, Calif. MMAJunkie.com first reported the development this afternoon.

One competitor on the bill told Sherdog.com that he was informed he would receive his show money, though the funds had yet to be dispersed. Another fighter declined to comment on specifics, but asserted that Zuffa is “taking care of [the fighters], and I’m very appreciative.”

Jen Wenk, spokesperson for Authentic Management Group, provided a similar take on the situation.

“The financials are private,” Wenk said, “but Zuffa is taking very good care of the two Blackzilians that were on the card, Jorge Santiago and Yuri Villefort, despite the unfortunate cancellation of their fights.”

The show was called off Sunday night after headliner Gilbert Melendez withdrew from his lightweight title defense against Pat Healy due to a shoulder injury. In light of the news, Strikeforce officials stated that Showtime elected not to carry the fight card, resulting in the promotion scrapping the event.

Strikeforce’s next event is scheduled for Nov. 3 at Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City. That event also saw its initial headliner spoiled due to injury, as Frank Mir was forced to withdraw from his planned heavyweight conflict with Daniel Cormier one week ago. Cormier is still expected to compete on the card.

Props to Zuffa for doing something nice for a change.

Looking forward to Anderson's heroic return to the octagon in late 2013, saving UFC 173 from the brink of cancellation by accepting a heavyweight fight against Cabbage.
Such a team player, that Silver. It's not his fault Cabbage was the only guy who would step up. Nobody else was available at the time. Don't count Cabbage out btw, the guy is a WARRIOR.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In a recent interview GSP said that he is not fighting Anderson, he doesnt want to go fat.

Also: i want to have The Reem physique :( * Buys horse meat*

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
UFC 154 cancelled, Hendricks vs Kampmann can't headline a PPV. I would actually love to see that happen at this point.

Either that or it goes ahead and we just have to deal with a constant ironic chant of "GSP! GSP! GSP!" throughout.

Such a team player, that Silver. It's not his fault Cabbage was the only guy who would step up. Nobody else was available at the time. Don't count Cabbage out btw, the guy is a WARRIOR.

Cabbage is a fundamental part of a chicken salad.

SteveWD40

In a recent interview GSP said that he is not fighting Anderson, he doesnt want to go fat.

Really? If that's the case perhaps Dana and co should stop trying to hype a superfight they cannot make. Unless they are assuming he will "do as he is told" as they often reiterate any fighter should quake at the very mention of their names / no one is bigger than the org etc...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Really? If that's the case perhaps Dana and co should stop trying to hype a superfight they cannot make. Unless they are assuming he will "do as he is told" as they often reiterate any fighter should quake at the very mention of their names / no one is bigger than the org etc...
Yeah i think that Dana 'Effin' White relies on Georges being a company man.

Either that or it goes ahead and we just have to deal with a constant ironic chant of "GSP! GSP! GSP!" throughout.
When I was at UFC 137, which originally was supposed to be GSP vs Diaz and then was supposed to be GSP vs Conduit, GSP made his entrance into the arena during prelims and we all booed him because he seemed to be walking around just fine.

TheNatural

My Member!
Retired UFC fighter and current broadcaster Kenny Florian is in shape.

After all, "round is a shape," he told recently joked with MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

But the former UFC title challenger, who was the first competitor to fight in four different UFC weight classes, said injuries are healing, he's getting in better shape, and he's now hesitant to completely discount the possibility he'll someday return to the cage as a fighter.

So is a return to fighting possible?

"I don't know," he said. "It's tough to say. I'm definitely keeping myself busy, but I've learned never to say never.

LOL. The only person who can match fake retirements with the UFC roster these days is Ric Flair.

Dana just needs to make a fucking UFC TV title and put Florian and Faber in a fight and get the shit over with.

NESE3I.jpg

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
LOL. The only person who can match fake retirements with the UFC roster these days is Ric Flair.

Dana just needs to make a fucking UFC TV title and put Florian and Faber in a fight and get the shit over with.
Hey, keep it classy. Call it the "Intercontinental Championship".

Edited to Add: Found a thread for drm and cmbr -- http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493170

Top Bottom