• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

FACE

Banned
I'd even say that the MW division is just as talented as well. Who would you say is better Weidman or Rory? I think Weidman is the better fighter.

One fighter out of how many? If you look at the amount of talent in both divisions and compare them you'll see how ridiculous the stuff you're saying is.

TheNatural

My Member!
lol

BoxingScene.com: With [UFC fighter] Nick Diaz, he was also popped in Nevada? [Diaz suspended for a one year period for marijuana and was fined $60,000 dollars - 30% of his $200,000 purse].

Kizer: It was here, twice for the same drug, marijuana. But Nick did some things that came out in the hearing. Before the hearing, he came out and said 'yeah, well I smoked seven days before.' Wait a minute, are you saying that you lied on our pre-fight questionnaire? We asked him if he took anything in the last fifteen days. He basically admitted that he did, so we added basically the equivalent of perjury and that was part of the findings against him. So it wasn't only for testing positive for the marijuana, it was also for lying about it on the form.

The second thing with Nick is that after the fight he drank like two dozen bottles of water, which we later found out from both from his expert, as well as our own, the effect of that could very well have been the intent to lower the level of marijuana in his system to try to get it below the cutoff. It didn't quite work. He was still above the cutoff but the level wasn't very high.

383501_422934651096016_1685479807_n.jpg

You never fighting again Nick.

Heel

You should see some of his BAMMA walkouts and weigh-ins friend lol.

The best part is he will probably win the season. Can't wait for Dana's reaction to this guy.

Heel do you think Gunnar Nelson is a legit prospect? He has to fight an overweight DeMarques Johnson.

Yeah Gunnar is a legit prospect. He has a black belt under Renzo and a great grappling resume. I'd say DeMarques is toast, but hard to say how he'll do against elite fighters until he's in there.

Jimi Manuwa is also a great prospect to watch out for.

Two reasons why im excited about this card. Usually the guys debuting aren't that exciting to me.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
This thread made me laugh cuz the OP keeps posting pics and being like, oh this is disgusting! Here are more pics!
I think it's fascinating to see people both challenge and champion the Medusa after she's long since left the field.

Anyway. Someone needs to do a thread on pokies.

charsace

I was just thinking that a really good defensive boxer could get to jones in the pocket. A guy that could roll a punch from jones and quickly counter to the body could do some real damage. Move away from Jones's power hand and roll his lead hand punch when Jones commits and puts something on it that takes time to for Jones to recover from.

What do you guys think of that?

Bellator has to take the cake for promotions with fighters with the shittest tattoos. I know there are some fighters with some really shitty tattoos in the UFC, but in Bellator REALLY has fighters with even shitter tattoos.

Heel

I was just thinking that a really good defensive boxer could get to jones in the pocket. A guy that could roll a punch from jones and quickly counter to the body could do some real damage. Move away from Jones's power hand and roll his lead hand punch when Jones commits and puts something on it that takes time to for Jones to recover from.

What do you guys think of that?

Good game plan in theory, but who is a LHW candidate that can execute on this that hasn't already failed? No one on the horizon has the skill set, especially the TDD to make it happen.

Good game plan in theory, but who is a LHW candidate that can execute on this that hasn't already failed? No one on the horizon has the TDD to make it happen.

Rampage? but we all saw what happened in that fight, or if we can actually call his performance a fight.

Actually I think you're wrong on every one of those picks but this is still a useless comparison.

Its hard to match up divisions. But yeah, pretty useless but I enjoy the MW fights more than the WW fights. The MW division can be home to both LHW's and WW's. Its a pretty interesting division thats right smack in the middle of the league. Making inter-divisional bouts possible.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Alligator, but depends on the environment. In the water rules i'd dake the alligator, on land rules the lion.

Puma Concolor aren't very hardy and flee quickly, despite being the largest member of felidae in the Northern Hemisphere.

charsace

Good game plan in theory, but who is a LHW candidate that can execute on this that hasn't already failed? No one on the horizon has the skill set, especially the TDD to make it happen.

Defensive boxing is something that is really lacking in MMA. I know that looking to constantly roll a punch could get you taken down or kneed or that a boxing stance is easy to take a person down from. But, if you every once in a while try to set a guy up for to do something so that you can roll them and lay a good punch on them to the body or go into a boxing stance and tuck your chin and circle you can do some things with the hands that doesn't work as well from an MMA or kickboxing stance. I look Machida and how effective his stance is for jumping in and out and throwing quick kicks that can hurt and wonder why someone doesn't think to mix in some boxing stance for change up or TKD.

The way guys go about punching and moving in MMA makes Jones reach and leg kick more effective. I think a guy that can fight from his back and knows defensive boxing could give Jones problems. The closest that MMA has to this right now is Anderson. Fedor before he got brainwashed was also kind of this guy in regards to slipping punches and had strong clinch grappling to keep people from taking him down. Its also too bad that their aren't any great judo players with striking in MMA.

Rampage? but we all saw what happened in that fight, or if we can actually call his performance a fight.

Rampage doesn't have the quickness you look for in a boxer or the defensive boxing. Has to be someone better than that. I really don't think Jones has the striking yet to stop a high level boxer from moving laterally on him and getting in.

Dear Joe Rogan,

I love ya and all but rambling on for 10 minutes about your shady sponsors at the beginning of all your podcasts is a sure way to scare off new listeners.

You know what's a sure way to scare off new listeners? Saying the moon landing was faked.

iFcBXd9v9OkOk.jpg

EDIT: I dont know who this guy is on the podcast but he's talking about being in a movie with Denzel Washington right now that's filming right now called Two Guns. Sweeeeet!

EDIT 2: And for clarification - I never said it was faked .. I said as I get older I'm getting more open to the idea.

FACE

Banned
As you get older you should be less open to the idea. You're supposed to smarten up with age(until you're hit by dementia).

PS: I don't get the avatar quote.

Am I crazy for thinking that Struve is gonna triangle or armbar Miocic?

As you get older you should be less open to the idea. You're supposed to smarten up with age(until you're hit by dementia).

PS: I don't get the avatar quote.

Nothing about Feynman himself. He just has a mildly amused "oh please" look.

Heel

Am I crazy for thinking that Struve is gonna triangle or armbar Miocic?

I don't see Stipe messing around in his guard unless he gets tired and needs a TD. Maybe if he drops him and jumps in his guard? That'd be a huge lapse in judgement.

Stipe via Crohio style beat down.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
1) Wait, there's a free Ultimate tomorrow? *checks card* not bad. It's basically a main event away from being a ppv.

2) Will tonight's non-UFC BadMMA be viewable on Apple devices?

Top Bottom