• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Yup, moved to Asia in 2009.

One of my friends in NJ told me about the rather "absurd" alcohol sales restrictions in his state (not sure if the rest of the USA applies.) When I told him I could buy beer in petrol stations, supermarkets, convenience stores, etc in the UK he took it as a shock. You can only buy alcohol from one of those stores from 10am-10pm though.

But Asia has a better viewpoint in alcohol sales. You can pretty much buy it from anywhere at anytime and even drink it anywhere and anytime without any repercussions (unless you're obviously drunk as fuck and/or making a scene.) Unless you're in Korea of course, they appreciate the fine art of getting hammered more than pretty much anyone else on the planet. Finding full-suited businessmen at 5am sleeping on a park bench after a drinking session is one of the most common sights there.

I believe Germany didn't give a shit about drinking. I would walk around with beer in my hands and the police wouldn't say anything.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
30-27 kong!? 30-27 ogle!?

one of dem judges is retarded. or, at the very least, biased as fuck.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I had it 29-28 Ogle with the second round being very close to being his as well. The best thing Akira did all fight didn't count.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I believe Germany didn't give a shit about drinking. I would walk around with beer in my hands and the police wouldn't say anything.

I've not been in that situation myself in Germany, but I can tell you that across the border in the Netherlands they don't appreciate drinking in public at all. One of my buddies got quite a hefty bill from the police for doing that.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
as in, he couldnt KO a can and took an easy decision? yeah

Proud of Hardy. Knowing his UFC career was on the line -- and in front of his home country -- he pulled out a victory. I recommend a Hardy v Bahadurzada match-up next. For Amir, let him fight Akiyama. It's a win-win for the UFC.

industrian

Miocic's only hope was the first round.

It's good to see Struve grow as a fighter. I'd argue that he's one win away from being No. 1 Contender. Give him a fight against Mir or Werdum next.

Hopefully Miocic can bounce back from this. Put him up against Pat Barry or Lavar Johnson next.

This was a great event all-round though. It didn't disappoint, and only one fight was shit.

industrian

Browne I'd say is closer to #1 contender than Struve, he also did legit kill Struve already

There's a very good chance of Browne getting exposed by Bigfoot next week. If Bigfoot wins, then Miocic vs. Browne would be a decent rebound fight.

If Browne does win (as I expect he will), then as much as I'd like to think he's punched a ticket to a No. 1 Contender fight, he needs to get past another gatekeeper imo. Give him Big Nog or Mir before he fights for the No. 1 Contender status.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Recent distractions have made me forget my true love. Won't happen again.

ibkP8SkTfww2fL.jpg

<3

There's a very good chance of Browne getting exposed by Bigfoot next week. If Bigfoot wins, then Miocic vs. Browne would be a decent rebound fight.

If Browne does win (as I expect he will), then as much as I'd like to think he's punched a ticket to a No. 1 Contender fight, he needs to get past another gatekeeper imo. Give him Big Nog or Mir before he fights for the No. 1 Contender status.

Too soon to talk about #1 contender status for either guy considering JDS/Overeem is probably 8 months off. Don't forget you have Cormier out there as a wildcard.

charsace

Struve could be a real force if:

1. Wasn't so nice.
2. Was less aggressive in engaging in the pocket.
3. Pick his spots more. He's over aggressive and it makes him sloppy.

This kid needs to learn from Semmy Schilt. He is good on the ground already. If he learns to keep people at his range he will be a nightmare match up.

Give a warm welcome to NCAA D1 Hardy. Great performance by him. And yeah I was expecting Struve to get KO'd but he evolved as a fighter in between rounds 1 and 2 in front of our eyes. Amazing card from the first prelim to the main. UFC on Fuel cards always deliver, they're more consistent than any other kind of UFC card.

And I am still in disbelief that Wiman submitted Paul Sass. Holy shit, not one person saw that coming. Same with Pickett KOing Yves Jabuway.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Regarding beer, Taiwan Gold Medal Beer is the best East Asian beer I've had so far. NT$50 (US$1.70) for 660ml. Sapporo and Asahi are more expensive. The cheapest stuff is probably Bar Beer and Tsingtao. For some reason Busch is pretty popular over here. You can buy it everywhere. Never tried it myself.

Gold Medal is great. I get it by the caseload here, even with the local options. It's really good beer if you other guys run across it at an Asian grocer.

All we really get from Scotland as far as beer goes where I am in the states is Belhaven anyway. Though, honestly, if I'm in the mood for a Scottish beverage...

laphroaig-181.jpg
Lagavulin_16_Scotch.jpg
oban_14.jpg

Top Bottom