• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
cgCqh.jpg

i took a pic with the reem.

TheChits

I finally saw the co-main and main events. Pretty good fights, and the second round of the main event was awesome. Great card overall

Oh shit! I was wondering why they were locked and stickied. *checks subscriptions* whoo nice, I didn't post in those threads.

Unrelated: Just organized my Netflix queue. Feels good man.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
End of the month. Someone's gotta make quota. (By quota, I mean "dipshit" and "ban". )

Matt Mitrione turned down Cormier? Whaa? That seems like a much more relevant fight than Philip De Fries. Unless all he cares about is a W and he thinks that will be easier to get from De Fries.

FACE

Banned
Matt Mitrione turned down Cormier? Whaa? That seems like a much more relevant fight than Philip De Fries. Unless all he cares about is a W and he thinks that will be easier to get from De Fries.

Mitrione knows Black Fedor is much more than he can handle.

Just seems like the risk/reward ratio would be worth an attempt. Oh well. Hopefully Cormier gets someone interesting from UFC.

What if Jon Jones decided to bump to HW just to fight Cormier. How would that turn out?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why the fuck was that fight even offered to Mitrione? Talk about a step down for DC.

Just give him Werdum and be done with it.

FACE

Banned
Why the fuck was that fight even offered to Mitrione? Talk about a step down for DC.

Just give him Werdum and be done with it.

Because Werdum x DC makes too much sense, and we know the UFC brass does not operate on logic and rational thinking.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Because Werdum x DC makes too much sense, and we know the UFC brass does not operate on logic and rational thinking.

Probably a case of the UFC not wanting to risk DC.

I see that Struve wants to fight Werdum. That sounds like a great fight.

FACE

Banned
Probably a case of the UFC not wanting to risk DC.

I see that Struve wants to fight Werdum. That sounds like a great fight.

They'll give him a joe and after that an immediate title shot on a card that will have a pitiful buyrate because no one knows what the fuck a Daniel Cormier is.

industrian

They'll give him a joe and after that an immediate title shot on a card that will have a pitiful buyrate because no one knows what the fuck a Daniel Cormier is.

The only two real fighters in UFC that are free now are Pat Barry and Cheick Kongo. But those guys would "get that work" swiftly and soundly. Or knowing how this year has turned out, Pat Barry would end up getting a double leg on Cormier and win by submission.

Cormier's future in the UFC is totally dependent on how JDS vs. Cain 2 transpires. If Cain doesn't win then I'd suppose he's out of the title picture for at least another 1-2 years, which would open the door for Cormier. If Cain wins then DC better go to Walmart and stock up on Slim Fast.

Other other news, I am gutted we couldn't make that bet on Hardy Sadollah ;)

Ha dodged a bullet there!

In other news:

mmafighting.com said:
After the post-fight press conference for UFC on FUEL TV 5, White told the media that the sitdown between he and Jones the day prior to UFC 152 resulted in an agreement. While the full terms of the agreement are not known, one key portion of the deal is: White's days of insulting and degrading Jackson are done.

"So, when I sat down with Jon Jones and we I talked, I made a deal with Jon," White said Saturday. "I'm not going to say anything about Greg Jackson."

This doesn't mean White feels differently about Jackson, though. But if he holds up his end of the bargain, keeping quiet about his opinion has almost the same impact as changing it. "I think you guys know my opinion and how I feel. It hasn't changed. I'm just not going to talk about Greg Jackson. It's good news. I will keep my big mouth shut about Greg Jackson. That's part of my deal with Jones."

FACE

Banned
The only two real fighters in UFC that are free now are Pat Barry and Cheick Kongo. But those guys would "get that work" swiftly and soundly. Or knowing how this year has turned out, Pat Barry would end up getting a double leg on Cormier and win by submission.

Cormier's future in the UFC is totally dependent on how JDS vs. Cain 2 transpires. If Cain doesn't win then I'd suppose he's out of the title picture for at least another 1-2 years, which would open the door for Cormier. If Cain wins then DC better go to Walmart and stock up on Slim Fast.

Barry lost his last fight so Kongo it is. I'd rather see DC x Werdum though, you'd get a (possible)contender regardless of who won.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mitrione still has room to improve, no point in getting his shit pushed in against Cormier.

industrian

Barry lost his last fight so Kongo it is. I'd rather see DC x Werdum though, you'd get a (possible)contender regardless of who won.

That was a positively serpentinious ninja edit. I approve. Now if anyone needs me, I'll BRB in a couple of minutes.

And DC vs. Werdum is my preferred choice as well. It'd be a great fight and a definitive No. 1 Contender fight.

FACE

Banned
That was a positively serpentinious ninja edit. I approve. Now if anyone needs me, I'll BRB in a couple of minutes.

And DC vs. Werdum is my preferred choice as well. It'd be a great fight and a definite No. 1 Contender fight.

I have no idea what you're going on about, mate.

;-)

I was thhiiiiiis close to posting in the Creepshots thread but changed my mind. Lucked out. That thread was gold though. Yoga pants for the mother fucking WIN.

Top Bottom