• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh yeah i got him mixed up with dennis.
He called out Devolution.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0022_f6qq.gif

ShaneB

Why people even go in threads like that baffles me. Sure gaf might be too strict at times, but there's clearly stuff to avoid.

edit: also MMA talk, the card yesterday was good. I wished the Sass/Wiman bout went longer, really great grappling in that round. Also fuck you to folks who say the lightweight classes aint got no power. Picket rocked Jobioun.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
You have to love that the President of a company has to be told how to act professionally by one of his employees.
Next, they'll be telling him he can't call the ring girls "Sugartits" and "Onion Booty".

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
We need to recruit Bish to MMA-GAF. He will be our Hollywood Hogan and save us from bans.
While it sounds like a worthwhile cause, I'm afraid there would be unintended consequences in such an endeavour.

MjFrancis

Emelianenko Jr. tops Gluhov en route to Monson clash

Russian mixed martial artist, Aleksandr Emelianenko, has beaten Latvia’s Konstantin Gluhov by a unanimous decision in the main event of the M-1 Challenge 34 in Moscow.

Gluhov avoided all of his opponent’s attempts to finish the bout by a submission hold, but was still defeated.

With elder brother Fedor at ringside, Emelianenko remained in control for the whole three rounds, leaving no doubts about the judges’ ruling.

After the match, the Latvian fighter had heavy bruises on his face, which prevented him from seeing with his right eye.

It was his 21st career win for Emelianenko Jr., who’s now unbeaten in five meetings in a row.

And the 31-year-old is already thinking about his next bout against legendary American, Jeff Monson.

"I think there’ll be enough time to prepare, although I had to work hard today,” Emelianenko told RIA-Novosti. “After the Gluhov fight I’ll have a few days of rest and then start preparing for the November bout. Fedor, of course, will be helping me, because he knows Jeff Monson’s tactics and weaknesses – and not from video, but from combat. So, I’ll strictly follow all his instructions.”

The fight, scheduled to take place on November 15 in Saint Petersburg, will be Monson’s fourth appearance in Russia.

He has already defeated Denis Komkin and Aleksey Oleinik this year, but lost to Fedor Emelianenko back in 2011, coming out of a fight with a broken leg.
I'm softballing this one in for you guys. Don't disappoint.

Hey guys what are the best PRIDE events to check out?
For me pretty much all of the events except for the very first ones. Grand Prix events and Bushido were always fun. Open weight GP had the biggest names and match-ups.

I think you should watch the 2004 GP series for sure. Total Elimination, Critical Countdown, Final Conflict, and then the actual finale at Shockwave.

VoxPop

Every can becomes a legend after Fedor beats them.

Pedro Rizzo
Satoshi Ishii
Brett Rogers
Hong Man Choi
Matt Lindland
Mark Hunt
Mark Coleman
Wagner da Conceicao Martins
Mirko Filipovic
Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Naoya Ogawa
Kevin Randleman
Mark Coleman
Yuji Nagata
Gary Goodridge
Kazuyuki Fujita
Egidijus Valavicius
Heath Herring

Bite your tongue. All legends in my book.

Ænima;42743874 said:
I don't understand why he wasn't offered the fight with Anderson. He is just as big of a name as Bonnar, and it is less of a joke as a match up.

because this:

Ænima;42743874 said:
I don't understand why he wasn't offered the fight with Anderson. He is just as big of a name as Bonnar, and it is less of a joke as a match up.

Canderson wants a cake walk.

Top Bottom