• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

VoxPop

Ænima;42743874 said:
I don't understand why he wasn't offered the fight with Anderson. He is just as big of a name as Bonnar, and it is less of a joke as a match up.

Never understood the hype behind the greatly feared Glover. He's not even that good.

Its sad that Ando is fighting a guy who couldn't even beat that can in Coleman but I always enjoy a good old can crushing by Ando. Does it better than anybody else including that dipshit Fedor.

Meh I understand what he saying.

People need to understand that these guys are top level athletes now, their body's are their livelyhood and they aren't going to deviate from what go them to where they are just to satiate some braindead President or bloodthirsty fans who's mindset is stuck in the Toughman days.

TheNatural

My Member!
People need to understand that these guys are top level athletes now, their body's are their livelyhood and they aren't going to deviate from what go them to where they are just to satiate some braindead President or bloodthirsty fans who's mindset is stuck in the Toughman days.

No problem with Rashad declining, he wasn't scheduled to actually fight.

Why would I take a bad fight?” Evans stated. “Bad fight meaning not being in shape. Losing is hard enough but I will never serve myself up. If I’m haven’t been training I won’t fight!

No problem with Rashad declining, he wasn't scheduled to actually fight.

It was 3 weeks notice, which is what Bones took the Vitor fight on. Asking a guy to fight a new opponent when they rely on game planning the way Jones and Jackson on 8 days is ridiculous and they have every right to say no. If anyone has earned that right it's the guy who decimated an entire division in a year.

Yeah Glover has a bit too much hype now all due to fighters declining fights with him. But it's not like those guys didn't turn him down.

And Ninja, 3 weeks was plenty of time for Jones to gameplan, he already had a full training camp behind him in prep for 151 and was in great physical shape. With the Evans situation he didn't have any training camp at all.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Oh Guida

"So I wouldn't say my fight was the most boring," he continued. "But a logical fan and a logical analyst goes back there and watches the fight, and watches my gameplan and sees the footwork, sees the improvement that we have made ... If you look, I outstruck him. I was much faster than him. It felt like I was two or three steps ahead of Gray the whole time. I outwrestled him, I stopped all of his takedowns. I defended submissions, got a little bit of ground and pound, broke his nose, cut his face. I got my hair pulled numerous times. Let's see, the list goes on. Oh yeah, profanity, words were thrown in my direction along with being flipped off in the cage. So it's whatever. If people are going to boo me because of that, then so be it. But I know there's logical fans out there that realize what fight they saw.

crying-baby-1.jpg

Yeah Glover has a bit too much hype now all due to fighters declining fights with him. But it's not like those guys didn't turn him down.

And Ninja, 3 weeks was plenty of time for Jones to gameplan, he already had a full training camp behind him in prep for 151 and was in great physical shape. With the Evans situation he didn't have any training camp at all.

I'm not saying anything bad about Evans in relation to Jones. I don't blame him for not taking the fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
It was 3 weeks notice, which is what Bones took the Vitor fight on. Asking a guy to fight a new opponent when they rely on game planning the way Jones and Jackson on 8 days is ridiculous and they have every right to say no. If anyone has earned that right it's the guy who decimated an entire division in a year.

I wish you would stop saying that.

Notice of opponent isn't notice to FIGHT.

Jones was shape and was asked to fight someone different the day he was scheduled to FIGHT. His physical training and peak was there, the only difference stopping him was mental, that's the only thing. Physically, he was perfectly fine to fight, just scared he might be "unprepared" to face an out of shape middleweight Anderson destroyed. Can't see as I blame him, since he had trouble with another out of shape middleweight three weeks later, that Anderson destroyed.

Jones was shape and was asked to fight someone different the day he was scheduled to FIGHT. His physical training and peak was there, the only difference stopping him was mental, that's the only thing. Physically, he was perfectly fine to fight, just scared he might be "unprepared" to face an out of shape middleweight Anderson destroyed. Can't see as I blame him, since he had trouble with another out of shape middleweight three weeks later, that Anderson destroyed.

Yeah he sure had trouble dominating Vitor for 4 rounds after escaping from a fluky arm bar.

Since I'm not getting any responses in the stupid questions thread and I know I got some help in here before .. I'm not a comic book guy but I'm kinda looking to get into it and I'd like to give Hellblazer a try since Constantine is one of my favorite movies. Should I start with this or is there some kind of compendium or something else I should start with?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401230067/?tag=neogaf0e-20

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Since I'm not getting any responses in the stupid questions thread and I know I got some help in here before .. I'm not a comic book guy but I'm kinda looking to get into it and I'd like to give Hellblazer a try since Constantine is one of my favorite movies. Should I start with this or is there some kind of compendium or something else I should start with?

Ask in the Oct comics thread.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
"I know that I could win that fight 10 out of 10 times if we did it again,” Swanson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “It’s not even an issue to me anymore. I’d actually like my brother -- would love for my brother -- to fight him, who’s an up-and-comer, which I feel is more of a fair fight. I don’t really feel like [himself vs. Aldo] would be a fair fight at all.”

Gregory should reign this kid in. Too much talk from someone who's entire fight with Aldo can be put into gif form.

ibussRJ1psZL8B.gif

It's finally here, cmbr!

round-5-brittney-palmer1.jpg

I know it's no Real Doll, but hopefully it'll suffice.

IICPJ.gif

^ Bought this and got Y: The Last Man book 1 while I was at it.

I have to catch Dredd one more time this week before it gets pulled from theaters.
it was like The Raid, take away the martial arts, add in a fuckload of style and more ballistic weapons and special effects and shit.

I liked.

And Brother Ninja, yes. Every once in a blue moon I let one off that is truly putrid and smells of death. But about 60% of the time they're practically odorless and the other times it's noticeable but tolerable, at least for myself.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Why is Fedor holding the mic up to his throat?

image.php

Did he have larynx surgery? Does he now have to hold it there like an electrolarynx? Did he get the autotune version? Does he sound like a Russian T-Pain?

I know it's no Real Doll, but hopefully it'll suffice.
Why is the head so big? Do the clothes come off like on those weirdo PVC dolls they have in Japan?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Nothing will kill your buzz faster than being 6'2 and hanging around a bunch of midgets who can kick your ass.

At my muay thai gym I have the exact same feeling. Clinch training with 5'5" dudes is quite an experience - especially when you're gassed within two minutes.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
At my muay thai gym I have the exact same feeling. Clinch training with 5'5" dudes is quite an experience - especially when you're gassed within two minutes.

Make them stand on phone books.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I remember my first week for training and getting kicked in the inner thigh by a 5'4 thai and limping for two weeks afterwards.

Top Bottom