• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
9wQuz.gif

Sorry for the tumblr gif.

repeat after me: "I AM A FALSE PROPHET, GOD IS A SUPERSTITION"

seriously, I fail to see how that movie can be boring with how captivating and dynamic both DDL and Paul Dano's performances are and the set pieces in it.

Don't worry, I caught the rest of it on TV last week. A good movie, sure, but totally slow as shit.

I miss cod4 =(

I've yet to play BlOps or MW3 online, but going back to CoD4 after MW2 was like being born again. Such an incredible game.

Heel

Catching up with kickboxing news, it appears K-1 does not have Daniel Ghita in their Final 16. Rumors of Ghita moving to GLORY. Spongg signed to GLORY.

K-1 World Grand Prix Final 16

Raul Catinas (Romania) vs. Ben Edwards (Australia)
Makoto Uehara (Japan) vs. Hiromi Amada (Japan)
Xavier Vigney (USA) vs. Zabit Samedov (Azerbaijan)
Hesdy Gerges (Egypt) vs. Sergii Laschenko (Ukraine)
Singh Jaideep (India) vs. Ismael Londt (Surinam)
Jarrell Miller (USA) vs. Arnold Oborotov (Lithuania)
Paul Slowinski (Poland) vs. Catalin Morosanu (Romania)
Mirko Flipovic (Croatia) vs. Randy Blake (USA)

Super Fights

Genji Umeno (Japan) vs. Chanhyung Lee (Korea)
Jafar Ahmadi (Iran) vs. Benjamin Adegbuyl (Nigeria)
Saulo Cavalari (Brazil) vs. Pavel Zuravliov (Russia)
Rick Roufus (USA) vs. James Wilson (USA)

You know your line up is soft when Cro Cop might actually make it deep. I think someone like Gerges would work him, though.

Saki and the return of Bonkasky vs. Anderson Silva on this weekend's GLORY card. Can't wait.

TheNatural

My Member!
I think I've turned into a MMA casual fan. Haven't even cared to watch the shows the past two weeks, dunno if I will this week either. Guess I better go purchase an Affliction shirt.

I think I've turned into a MMA casual fan. Haven't even cared to watch the shows the past two weeks, dunno if I will this week either. Guess I better go purchase an Affliction shirt.

That's pretty bad considering the last thing before these past two weeks was 8/11. You should've been super excited for MMA action again.

I was starved for UFC 152 since the last fight was that Fox card. Yeah I would rather see 2 cards a month. 1 PPV and one Fox card. Save the FX and Fuel shit for the prelims.

TheNatural

My Member!
I was starved for UFC 152 since the last fight was that Fox card. Yeah I would rather see 2 cards a month. 1 PPV and one Fox card. Save the FX and Fuel shit for the prelims.

Agreed. I don't see the point of having TV cards separate. Why not just take the Fuel and FX cards and just put them as PPV prelims, then go into the PPV card? You kill two birds with one stone. You get more viewers on cable leading into a PPV, get more people interested in buying the PPV, and make it more of an event with a bigger card and less saturation as well.

Take the Struve card, put it before the Jones PPV. Take the Browne card, put it before the Silva card. Tada, you kill two birds with one stone.

And hell, you don't even have to have it in the same arena so you still get the same gate. Do it up like boxing, have them in different places, then put the card in the other arena on the big screen in the other arena. Then you get people able to watch a free PPV simulcasted in the arena with plenty of beer available at the vendors.

Pay me Dana, I'm a fucking stud.

Agreed. I don't see the point of having TV cards separate. Why not just take the Fuel and FX cards and just put them as PPV prelims, then go into the PPV card? You kill two birds with one stone. You get more viewers on cable leading into a PPV, get more people interested in buying the PPV, and make it more of an event with a bigger card and less saturation as well.

Take the Struve card, put it before the Jones PPV. Take the Browne card, put it before the Silva card. Tada, you kill two birds with one stone.

And hell, you don't even have to have it in the same arena so you still get the same gate. Do it up like boxing, have them in different places, then put the card in the other arena on the big screen in the other arena. Then you get people able to watch a free PPV simulcasted in the arena with plenty of beer available at the vendors.

Pay me Dana, I'm a fucking stud.

And they also wouldn't have to worry about all these cancelled events. I was stoked that we got only 1 PPV in September. Bigfoot vs Brown would have been a perfect fight for an undercard on a PPV as Bigfoot is somewhat a known name and Browne is an up and comer looking to get recognized. Same goes for Weidman vs Munoz. That fight really hurt Weidman by not airing on PPV.

TheNatural

My Member!
And they also wouldn't have to worry about all these cancelled events. I was stoked that we got only 1 PPV in September. Bigfoot vs Brown would have been a perfect fight for an undercard on a PPV as Bigfoot is somewhat a known name and Browne is an up and comer looking to get recognized. Same goes for Weidman vs Munoz. That fight really hurt Weidman by not airing on PPV.

In Dana land, being in the main event on a card is more exposure, but it's actually less.

That's the main reason I think Frankie Edgar hasn't become anything close to a PPV draw. He should have been on the undercard as the co main event on bigger name fights to build himself up.

Now there's no putting over other guys because they're on their own card to not be watched. The FOX card is a pretty good move to combine a few big fights. But look at GSP's return for example. Kampmann vs. Hendricks as the co main, which isn't bad or anything, but they could be putting over some other guys on the card. Instead you got Mark Bocek, Tom Lawlor, and Nick Ring as the other fighters.

Stack that shit up. fuck. Look for an opportunity to make it stronger, not weaker.

In Dana land, being in the main event on a card is more exposure, but it's actually less.

That's the main reason I think Frankie Edgar hasn't become anything close to a PPV draw. He should have been on the undercard as the co main event on bigger name fights to build himself up.

Now there's no putting over other guys because they're on their own card to not be watched. The FOX card is a pretty good move to combine a few big fights. But look at GSP's return for example. Kampmann vs. Hendricks as the co main, which isn't bad or anything, but they could be putting over some other guys on the card. Instead you got Mark Bocek, Tom Lawlor, and Nick Ring as the other fighters.

Stack that shit up. fuck. Look for an opportunity to make it stronger, not weaker.

Thats a solid fight but not co main by any means. Its like Bisping vs Stann level. 2nd to the co main. Frankie vs Bendo as a co main on a GSP fight would be great I think.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Everyone in my little circle wants to see Taken 2 so I'll probably end up watching. As much as I liked the first movie, the idea of a sequel screams "Wait for Blu-Ray!"

UFC cuts this week: Charlie Brenneman, Eiji Mitsuoka, Michihiro Omigawa, Tommy Hayden, & Walel Watson

Will Jon Jones offer to pay Brenneman's bills now?

TheNatural

My Member!
Just watched Halloween for the hell of it. Cecil Peoples gives it to Michael Myers 29-28 over Donald Pleasence for effective striking.

TheNatural

My Member!
Meltzer's preliminary numbers for UFC 152: 450,000-460,000.

In September HBO said Sergio Martinez vs Chavez Jr did 475 k PPVs buys.

industrian

Just watched Halloween for the hell of it. Cecil Peoples gives it to Michael Myers 29-28 over Donald Pleasence for effective striking.

I'm watching LotR: The Two Towers right now for the very first time.

Mazzagatti would have stopped the battle of Helm's Deep as soon as the first ladder went up.

I'm watching Pride Total Elimination 2004.

Mazzagatti either stops too early or too late. For a while I was sure the first UFC death would be on his watch.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Anyone going to see that Kevin James mma movie this weekend?
I'm not paying cash money for that considering they've probably showed us everything funny in the trailer already.

Everyone in my little circle wants to see Taken 2 so I'll probably end up watching. As much as I liked the first movie, the idea of a sequel screams "Wait for Blu-Ray!"
I'm going to wait for Taken 3: The Tookening.

His pops was a bad ass though.

Well for the most part he was until you think about the fact that he willfully accepted
multiple mutinies and almost everyone disobeying him and/or ignoring his orders. He did loves him some whiskey and presidential tang though.

Well for the most part he was until you think about the fact that he willfully accepted
multiple mutinies and almost everyone disobeying him and/or ignoring his orders. He did loves him some whiskey and presidential tang though.
Well he couldn't really go execute everyone for mutiny when that was all the available crew in the whole universe. The Pegasus admiral showed how that type of leadership worked out.
Also for me Baltar was the most annoying character. I tuned out when he and 6 were having their private talks. Apollo did a lot of good; he was just under his dad's shadow.

industrian

Well he couldn't really go execute everyone for mutiny when that was all the available crew in the whole universe. The Pegasus admiral showed how that type of leadership worked out.
Also for me Baltar was the most annoying character. I tuned out when he and 6 were having their private talks. Apollo did a lot of good; he was just under his dad's shadow.

Baltar was a great character up until he went (no idea why spoiling this, but hey)
riding along with the Cylons on one of their basestars after the New Caprica arc. His trial was decent enough, but the "cult" aspect of the final season came across as another one of those "what if we try ..." attempts by the writers.

But, alas, "I know about farming." ;_;

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

He became more a politician later yeah. But it wouldnt have been a tv show if he just stayed stoic and uncompromising.

industrian

Earlier today they were showing LotR: The Two Towers, the 90s "The Flash" movie, The Last Dragon and right now they're showing Ghosts of Mars, Halloween H20 and Babylon AD.

Taiwanese TV is a wild ride.

Top Bottom