• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

So there is a chance it will be awesome?

Hopefully it's one of those cards. There's certainly a lot of old school guys to make that happen. It looks like there's a ton of fights going to grindy decisions, though.

But hey, the real fun starts Saturday.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I keep thinking Hapa is a small heavyweight but the dude is one of the tallest in the entire UFC roster.

Bartimus v Nunes should be on the main card instead of the children's fight.

Hmm something serious must be going on with Hallman for Dana to be so understanding ...

"I'm having some personal issues at home," Hallman said. "I'm not fit to fight. I told Dana [White] what my issues were. He understands family matters, and he was cool with me not fighting." According to Hallman, who also said he has not been released from his contract, he will be paid his show money.

What's Saturday?

Chinese guy with a can opener spills the tomato sauce contained inside Jens Pulver. (One FC 6)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Heel I'm looking forward to Jon Tuck knocking out the Mongolian Wolf in Macau. I felt so bad for him when his toe broke when he tried out for TUF.

FACE

Banned
This is probably where my account will get nuked because I'm genuinely asking for help and I don't see how I'll get that at the end of a bottle.

I like how 95% of the thread is a variant of "get drunk and/or high." It's like there are no other ways of having fun.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I like how 95% of the thread is a variant of "get drunk and/or high." It's like there are no other ways of having fun.
Yeah, I should just throw myself in front of a train since that's all life apparently ever amounts to.

FACE

Banned
Yeah, I should just throw myself in front of a train since that's all life apparently ever amounts to.

Don't. Those are poor suggestions.

I'd like to help, but I think you guys already know that my idea of fun is unusual to say the least.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ha holy fuck
7sBXA.jpg

So I guess UFC heavyweights aren't the only performers who gas out early and perform badly in Denver. Apparently we can add Barack Obama to that list.. His campaign adviser said he looked tired due to the altitude.

FACE, is there some new picture of the Just Bleed guy I don't know about?

And WTF is this shit about Hallman getting cut, I thought Dana understood his situation..

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I just heard that Geronimo dos Santos is injured and not fighting against Gonzaga in Brazil.

Hopefully he still gets a chance to fight in the UFC, and hopefully Gonzaga finds a replacement.

TheChits

I just heard that Geronimo dos Santos is injured and not fighting against Gonzaga in Brazil.

Hopefully he still gets a chance to fight in the UFC, and hopefully Gonzaga finds a replacement.

Mitrione is trying to fill in. I don't know if they confirmed it yet or not

Heel

Anderson Silva Won’t Be Fighting Jon Jones; Future Remains as Middleweight Champion

“There’s always been a lot of talks about me moving up to 205, I know Dana has talked about it a lot, all the fans have talked a lot about me moving up and facing Jon Jones, but it’s something I’ve never wanted,” Silva said on Thursday.

“I won’t be pretentious to say that I want to move up, especially because there’s other guys in that weight class on our team like Rafael Feijao (Cavalcante), (Antonio Rogerio) Minotoro Nogueira, there’s other guys that could potentially face Jon Jones in the future,” Silva stated.

“What got me this far is I’m grounded, my weight class is 185,” said Silva.

“I’m 37-years old and I feel like I need to be honest and to continue what I’ve built which is keep defending my belt at 185.”

ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

So the only fights serpentine silver will take at 205 are squash matches. So what else is new.

I hope Bonnar beats Silver.

And Grim, it's at least a two man war, myself being the 2nd man.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I don't even see why there's that much pressure on the dude to fight Jon Jones anyways. I'm guessing it's because there's a large amount of contempt by the fans against potential MW contenders. As in, they don't see anyone at MW to be in any way, shape or form to be actual contenders for Emperor Andersonius Serpentinious Maximus Silver.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Going by the Victor fight, if Jones and Canderson ever did fight it would have to be in California to avoid 25 minutes of them dancing around and kicking each other in the knees.

Top Bottom