• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
saturdays card isnt all that bad!

excited to see (erik) silva, teixeira, maia, rony jason, and brandao. also bonnar silva should be fun.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Largest gloves - Shane Carwin 5XL

I had to look this one up, because I always assumed Brock Lesnar had the biggest hands in MMA. Brock's hands are huuuuuuuuge.

On the left: Brock.
On the right: Carwin.

FKq47.png

Rumors are spreading that Strikeforce is being disbanded immediately. I wonder what happens to all those fighters

Rock Lukehold getting KO'd by Anderson, then dropping decision losses to Weidman, Boetsch and Jake Shields before getting cut.

Nate Marquardt losing a sparring match against his training buddy Condit and going back to Middleweight.

Gil Melendez going to Bellator after refusing to fight Nate Diaz to unify the belts.

industrian

Tiger Muay Thai have opened up "scholarships" for next year:

We will grant 5 scholarships to include:

1. 2500 Baht Housing Allowance
2. Fighter's Meal Plan (over a 12,000 Baht value). 2 meals and 2 protein shakes, per day. And 50% off of all additional meals at Tiger Grill.
3. World Class Training - No fee
4. Marketing efforts via our A/V team, who will work to create photo and video content to attract and/or appease sponsors and boost the athlete's profile. Plus, some social media workshops, so athletes can help themselves in this area over the course of their career.

We ask for no management clause, no % of a fight purse, or any other such strings.

Athletes will need some funds of their own, for food and housing. We will assist in arranging the most comfortable and affordable housing possible, but ultimately it is up to the athlete to decide upon a place (and whether or not to seek roommates).

Tryouts for this application will be limited to the most qualified applicants. I do not want to bring out 25 athletes, only to give 5 spots. This makes the application of utmost importance.

I hope this sheds some light on what our Scholarship Program that we've offered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0uPlZUopQc

Regards,
Brian Ebersole

An extremely good offer, even if it does mean putting up with the douchebags who train there.

Heel

Fedor help me in the den of cunts thread. No policy change is gonna save me if I continue that convo.

Gil's time is coming to an end, Heel. Get ready, playboy.

You know how this works, Chamber. If he loses its because of the recent injury he sustained. If he wins its because I predicted it.

Or is it if he loses its because I predicted he'd win?

Fuck...Gil is gonna lose, isn't he?

Heel

No time to argue friend, based EviLore just one punch KO'd beta GAF in the den of cunts thread. Goodnight Irene.

industrian

So Strikeforce is getting canned, ProElite is getting defibbed for one more go, and somewhere in the middle we're going to see if Gil Melendez is really worth paying over $175k to fight.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Friends, I'm pretty sure the person sitting in the cubicle closest to me is eating raw onions.

Only one way to counter that. Fight back with kimchi. If they respond with curry, then go nuclear with stinky tofu. Or salmon in the microwave.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Red Bull Stratos! In less than a hour! Good luck Felix.

http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

The good news is if everything goes horribly wrong, they won't have to bury him.

Someone give my lazy ass a rundown of:

Devo vs. NBA
Devo/Timedog/PC Brigade vs. GAF
The cunt thread
Why Devo/Timedog are banned
I know nothing about Devo vs NBA.

Devolution was banned for celebrating the ban of someone else whom she had baited into a fight. Timedog was banned because he was trying to bait someone else into a fight right after his girlfriend (Devo) was banned because he felt that person was trying to imply that his girlfriend was part of the PC Brigade which so suddenly fell out of favor.

The cunt thread was created by Our Lord, Thy EviLore, to tell us to stop taking ourselves too seriously and to stop using our "taking ourselves too seriously"-ness as a lever for bullying the shit out of each other. Mumei was demodded in the midst of the thead (no public reason yet provided). EviLore made some more jokes because people still didn't get the underlying message. Some members (some of whom I actually personally liked, but c'est la vie) took their toys and went home.

As someone who bullied Chamber and dream a bit for the McKayla pictures, I have taken this to heart and sincerely apologize to them and I will not do so again. I will still make fun of dumbassedness, but I think we went a little too far with that.

You are now as caught up as I am.

TheNatural

My Member!
You Silva haters are hilarious. Saying Anderson Silva is ducking competition is like saying Michael Jordan ducked competition because he retired 3 times and never went to face competition in Europe.

If Jon Jones wants a shot he can drop weight, why does the best in the world need to move up to someone else's weight? He destroyed a guy at his natural weight who nearly submitted Jones at a higher weight in 3 weeks notice.

Face it, Anderson Silva is the best ever, and you guys can't do a damn thing about it. He's going to have his cupcake this weekend then destroy GSP next year, and retire as the best of all time.

Top Bottom