• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Someone give my lazy ass a rundown of:

Devo vs. NBA
Devo/Timedog/PC Brigade vs. GAF
The cunt thread
Why Devo/Timedog are banned

Devo got the NBA thread shut down because she said some dude who posted in there was e-stalking her.

andsersonumad9njeu.png

Heel

Lets not drag ourselves down by talking about GAFs past. The future is bright my friends.

October 8th: The day Strikeforce died and NeoGAF was reborn. Never forget.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Canderson? Show some respect when talking 'bout the GOAT brah, He destroyed Vitor much faster than overrated Jon Jones.
I'm not sure if you appreciate the power that Bonnar can put into his bleeding.

Bonnar-Soszynski.jpg

Soszynski nearly passed out at this point.

If Jon Jones wants a shot he can drop weight, why does the best in the world need to move up to someone else's weight? He destroyed a guy at his natural weight who nearly submitted Jones at a higher weight in 3 weeks notice.

Junior Dos Santos is ducking Jon Jones!

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/10/9/3479278/damarques-johnson-cut-from-ufc-roster

Deutschemarks got cut. Shouldn't have taken that fight with Gunnar, bro. Have fun in Bellator.

I was really surprised to read that. Wasn't he doing the UFC a favor by taking that fight?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I was really surprised to read that. Wasn't he doing the UFC a favor by taking that fight?

I remember in Nerd Chat I expected him to be cut as it was his third loss in a row, but at the same time remembered he took the fight on short notice and normally that makes Dana and Co. look the other way.

But he's 1-4 in his last five, and 4-6 in total for the UFC. Combine that with having a beige personality and it's no surprise he got a pink slip.

I kinda liked him - never a dull fight. He always put himself out there (usually to his detriment). But at least when he lost he lost in dramatic fashion. I mean seriously, who loses to The Joker?

EDIT: Wait a tick, he didn't lose actually. Did he tap to getting triangled or did he do that to someone?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You Silva haters are hilarious. Saying Anderson Silva is ducking competition is like saying Michael Jordan ducked competition because he retired 3 times and never went to face competition in Europe.

If Jon Jones wants a shot he can drop weight, why does the best in the world need to move up to someone else's weight? He destroyed a guy at his natural weight who nearly submitted Jones at a higher weight in 3 weeks notice.

Face it, Anderson Silva is the best ever, and you guys can't do a damn thing about it. He's going to have his cupcake this weekend then destroy GSP next year, and retire as the best of all time.

It's not even Saturday and Snatch is already starting the clown act. Damn, it's going to be a long week.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Is it wrong that it's 3:30am and I'm staying awake just incase we get confirmation of Strikeforce being dissolved?

I give it another 30 mins until I go to bed.

Remind me who JJ last fought again? Oh yeah, it was Vitor Belfort.

I feel weird acting like natch.

Because machida ducked him. He's fought all contenders in his weight class. If Jones took the Vitor fight instead of taking on a young and deserving fighter in his own weight class (Weidman) you'd have a point.

FACE

Banned
Because machida ducked him. He's fought all contenders in his weight class. If Jones took the Vitor fight instead of taking on a young and deserving fighter in his own weight class (Weidman) you'd have a point.

thatsthejoke.jpg

I'll keep the fake stanning on the 153 OT. The sort of mental gymnastics required to keep doing this is too tiring, how does Natch manage?

alr1ght

By taking advantage of the unified rules.

see:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42982650&postcount=13793

Best record in fights that go the time limit - George St. Pierre 9-0

in contrast:
Most performance bonuses - Anderson Silva, 12
Most best knockout bonuses - Anderson Silva 7
Most championship wins - Anderson Silva, 11 (2006 - present)
Most consecutive title defenses - Anderson Silva, 10 (2006-present)
Most consecutive wins - Anderson Silva, 15 (2006-present)
Most knockouts in championship fights - Anderson Silva 6
Most wins in title matches - Anderson Silva, 11 (2006-present)

0428_f0rfb.gif

alr1ght

anyways
Far more important to UFC's bottom line, pay-per-view numbers for UFC 152 held on Sept. 22 in Toronto, headlined by Jon Jones defending his light heavyweight title against Vitor Belfort, are currently estimated at doing 450,000 buys. The company does not release PPV numbers and numbers are estimates from cable sources. That would be the fourth-highest number of the year, trailing shows headlined by Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen, Jones vs. Rashad Evans, and Junior Dos Santos vs. Frank Mir.

The number would fall in line with what most had predicted going in. The number was likely significantly lower than what Jones would have drawn against either Dan Henderson or Chael Sonnen. The number seems to show that six weeks between pay-per-view events caused by UFC 151 being canceled didn't make any significant difference in buys. However, UFC 152 would have surely done significantly lower had Jones not been on the show and Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez been promoted as the main event.

VoxPop

Anyone else think Cormier has no chance against Jones @ 205? I see Jon picking him apart with jabs and eventually finishing him. Barnett and Big Foot were both cans as well.

Top Bottom