• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

Dana is also on there saying he will make Bones vs. Silver happen.

i6sl9mKmzRkxy.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Heel

So Rich got cut for being honest about his inability to make weight and Johnson got cut for saying he could make the weight but not actually being able to? This sounds like a great company to work for.

Let's be honest these Joes should be fighting for Titan as it is. I ain't even mad.

Trim that fat, Joe.

And now that two slots have opened up, can we please bring Rumble and Marquardt back?

EDIT: Friends, this is a really awesome Half Life 2 / Portal mash up live action movie: http://youtu.be/Zcdd5wUwubE (warning, the beginning is a bit spoilery if you haven't finished Portal 2 yet)

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
So Rich got cut for being honest about his inability to make weight and Johnson got cut for saying he could make the weight but not actually being able to? This sounds like a great company to work for.

500full.jpg

Maybe obscure/old for you kids.

Yes, that is Art Garfunkel. And Martin Sheen. And Angelina Jolie's sperm donor.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Let's be honest these Joes should be fighting for Titan as it is. I ain't even mad.

Trim that fat, Joe.

The end result was inevitable but that's still a bs reason to cut Attonito. In the same article, Joe Silver says they don't punish guys for refusing fights.

Meanwhile Jeremy Stephens gets arrested before a fight and not only is he not cut, but the President of the company tries to personallt bail him out in a desperate attempt to save a shitty card. Great image you are projecting there, Dana.

JimCornette.jpg

Heel

UFC eyes regional fight series for 2013 in Brazil

"I think 2013 will be the year when you see some of these fight series. I know for a fact that we'll get some of them done in Brazil, and I believe we'll have them done in Asia pretty quickly."

White admitted the reality of regional UFC champs could create more logistical problems, but said that they could serve to create an international ranking system that might serve as a feeder system for the promotion's current champions.

"In the big picture, long-term, it absolutely makes perfect sense," he said.

JimCornette.jpg

FACE

Banned
Biden looks like he wants to get up and punch the fuck out of Ryan.

I just heard "I'm pro-life because of reason and science." Holy fucking shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Canderson Silver said:
"There are many possibilities, but fighting Jon Jones is one of them that I don't think is possible," Silva said today during a press conference in support of UFC 153. "There's no way."

There's other guys in that weight class on our team like Rafael (Cavalcante), (Antonio Rogerio) Nogueira ... (and) other guys that could potentially face Jones in the future.

Canderson doesn't want to take Lil Nog or Feijao's title shot. You heard it, folks.

ibtSHzk2NqS5il.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
NeoGAF poster cumbr started all the Canderson vs. Jones talk.

Anyone, Any Weight, Anytime, friend.

Like I said, Jordan retired three times and didn't go play in Europe. Why would the best in the world move to someone else's class? Fighters come to him, not the other way around. Silva and GSP are the two best in the world, and in MMA history. That's the fight to be made, and will be made. Jones can keep his dog and pony show going at LHW for a couple more years before he's even considered on the level of the previous two.

Also if Jones and Silva ever fought it would be the worst fucking fight ever with all the 'mutual respect' crap. Lots of dancing, leg kicks from Silva and awkward jabs from Jones to a mediocre decision just like how boring Jones-Evans was.

SteveWD40

Biden is fucking killing Ryan and Romney.

Isn't it the case that the VP is usually the attack dog? Obama can't say too much / go too low as he has to look "presidential" (funny that Romney doesn't) and people blame the Pres for everything, but the VP can say / do anything.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Isn't it the case that the VP is usually the attack dog? Obama can't say too much / go too low as he has to look "presidential" (funny that Romney doesn't) and people blame the Pres for everything, but the VP can say / do anything.

With Biden in particular being very good at that.

SteveWD40

With Biden in particular being very good at that.

Yeah, he might not be the most vocal / in the public eye VP but he has a ton of experience that Ryan and Romney could only dream of and a much sharper mind than either of them.

Also The Smashes isn't that bad, bit lame but fights have been ok.

The whole thing smacked a little of desperation for several reasons:

1. Pearson and Gsot are both amiable guys, their "rivalry" seems totally fake.
2. Most of the good young UK fighters are already signed.
3. The scene down under is still very young (as it was here not that long back) and I know this will help, but talent wise the pool is shallow.

I expect Pearson to dominate their fight however, he never needed to drop to 145 as the loss that sent him there was a fight he won in most peoples eyes over the skilled Barboza. He has solid judo / wrestling and his camp is out of Alliance full time now. George, like him as I do, was always a little overrated and one dimensional imho. I doubt he can take and hold Ross down and standing Pearson will pick him apart.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Says "jail". Pretty funny though, "you going to jail" then uppercut the shit out of her.

Bet Bonnar does that to Silva

"You going to jail now"

"What?"

Mega Uppercut.

Top Bottom