• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pick up Uncanny Avengers. Also, They are making Spidey "darker" after issue #700 hits.

and

Anderson Silva Says GSP Is His 'Focus,' Unsure of Middleweight Future

Dude i gave up on AVX after issue 4. Marvel is a company that always starts out incredibly strong but always falters beneath its own bullshit. None of their 'big' events ever matter cause they never have any actual impact. They kill cap but then a year later it was that..they kill mags but then morrison is like..well he was this guy in the mask bla bla bla. The only thing i'll read is Yu and Waid on Hulk. I still like Waid and David and will support whatever they do. I'll check out Uncanny avengers.

VoxPop

Pick up Uncanny Avengers. Also, They are making Spidey "darker" after issue #700 hits.

and

Anderson Silva Says GSP Is His 'Focus,' Unsure of Middleweight Future

Is he seriously considering a drop to 170 at this point in his career? Lol..

Diaz, GSP and Condit are all good scraps I wouldn't mind watching but dude really needs to step up and take these fools @ 205 before he gets even older. He could easily dispose of everyone in the top 10 aside from maybe Jones.

and LOL @ "great standup and great jits"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Would Batista beat Bob Sappu?
ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

no

tass0

Banned
am i crazy for thinking herman has a legit shot at KOing nog?

Nog is chinny and Herman has like 20 KOs on his record. It's not exactly reaching.

Smart pick is Nog, but I wouldn't be shocked of Herman downs him and wins by TKO, or something.

Dude i gave up on AVX after issue 4. Marvel is a company that always starts out incredibly strong but always falters beneath its own bullshit. None of their 'big' events ever matter cause they never have any actual impact. They kill cap but then a year later it was that..they kill mags but then morrison is like..well he was this guy in the mask bla bla bla. The only thing i'll read is Yu and Waid on Hulk. I still like Waid and David and will support whatever they do. I'll check out Uncanny avengers.

Just remember these words. Scott was right and marvel sucks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People give Nog shit but he's one of those guys with a great list of losses. There's a sizable gap to say the least between Cain Velasquez and Ed Herman. I pointed this out last year when everyone predicted he would get decked by Brendan Schaub.

Yes friend. Quit your job and post more.
I'm actually starting to like my job. But I'm also worried that I might get fired. No particular reason, except that lots of people don't pass probation and I can't tell how I'm doing because no one else has the same diversity and amount of work that I do. I know my work is piling up and people ask me when I'll get to something, and I say, idk soon? And they say great! And then a week passes and their stuff is still buried in a pile somewhere on my desk.

But ya, I'm super behind on mma right now. Did you guys know that Anderson is fighting Bonnar? Also apparently GSP is back in the UFC. i haven't seen that guy fight since 2007.

strobogo

Banned
Seriously, Stephan Bonnar vs Anderson? Could they really not find anyone else to fight Silva? Looking at the wiki for 153, it seems like the most ridiculously cursed card in UFC history.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
am i crazy for thinking herman has a legit shot at KOing nog?
No. Herman's got good hands and he finishes his fights. It's not crazy at all.

Seriously, Stephan Bonnar vs Anderson? Could they really not find anyone else to fight Silva?
I think it will be good for Silva to fight someone who is essentially too goofy to fall down and die and who can weather the punch storm and see whether or not Silva has true endurance. Then again, we thought Forrest would be that guy and we saw how that to turned out.

And, no... they couldn't find anyone else to fight Silva. The people that he isn't ducking are people who are ducking him.

LOFNL @ you guys thinking Herman is going to beat Nog. Nog only had 2 bad losses. The 1st Mir fight and the Cain fight. He looked great in the 2nd Mir fight until he brain farted. Nogs winning in the 1st. Hermans even more "chinny" than Nog

SteveWD40

LOFNL @ you guys thinking Herman is going to beat Nog. Nog only had 2 bad losses. The 1st Mir fight and the Cain fight. He looked great in the 2nd Mir fight until he brain farted. Nogs winning in the 1st. Hermans even more "chinny" than Nog

Agreed, Nog will wreck him. Mir was rolling submissions unconscious in the second fight, lucky for Frank he does jits in his sleep.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

The question was "does Herman have a legit shot at KOing nog?" not "will Herman beat Nog?".

The question was "does Herman have a legit shot at KOing nog?" not "will Herman beat Nog?".

Only if Nog stands still and lets Herman deck him as hard as he could.

I am hearing rumors of Barry vs Hunt. Terrible fight. I hope its false because Hunt deserves someone better.

Heel

As far as Nog vs. Herman goes, I've always been the guy championing Herman as an exciting fighter on here. That said he's been nothing more than an exciting can in the Ultimate. Plus, you just simply never pick against Nog. Most of y'all sinned against MMA in that Schaub fight. Chamber and I will never forgive you.

Yves Edwards in now on the Fox card fighting John Cholish. That card just keeps getting better and better.

I absolutely refuse to believe UFC has tempered our expectations to the point that were excited about Yves Edwards vs. John Cholish, friend.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/...plains-why-he-released-damarques-johnson-from

Interview with Joe Silva explaining why he released both Attonito (who didn't take the fight) and Johnson (who did take the fight).

Though its basically just confirming what was apparent. I find this particular situation somewhat iffy (mainly with regards to Attonito), but I do like that the UFC might be less lenient with regard to retaining fighters given their bloated roster size.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/...plains-why-he-released-damarques-johnson-from

Interview with Joe Silva explaining why he released both Attonito (who didn't take the fight) and Johnson (who did take the fight).

Though its basically just confirming what was apparent. I find this particular situation somewhat iffy (mainly with regards to Attonito), but I do like that the UFC might be less lenient with regard to retaining fighters given their bloated roster size.

Yeah I understand Johnson getting cut but not Attonito. I think this is the first Joe Silva interview I've read.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

It's messed up how Joe Silva put it bluntly that you aren't doing them any favors taking the fight short and missing weight. That will get you cut, and replaced by some schmo looking to break in the UFC.

ShaneB

Well with that said… good riddance to them both, and I wish this would be enforced more. I believe Natch went on a rant about it earlier how these guys go in awful cycles of horrible downtime habits vs training to peak performance. Basically following the old tired boxing ideals of training that have stuck around.

Fighting at 170 and walking around at 210? Fuckin wacky. The UFC should be monitoring these guys constantly so they stay within a specific range of their weight class and in turn keep fit and avoid training injuries, sticking close to proper weight so they have less guys gassing, etc etc.

From the sounds of it if they did that they’d have a lot more light heavyweights to fight Mr Jones.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Well with that said… good riddance to them both, and I wish this would be enforced more. I believe Natch went on a rant about it earlier how these guys go in awful cycles of horrible downtime habits vs training to peak performance. Basically following the old tired boxing ideals of training that have stuck around.

Fighting at 170 and walking around at 210? Fuckin wacky. The UFC should be monitoring these guys constantly so they stay within a specific range of their weight class and in turn keep fit and avoid training injuries, sticking close to proper weight so they have less guys gassing, etc etc.

From the sounds of it if they did that they’d have a lot more light heavyweights to fight Mr Jones.

Not to give Johnson any excuses, but he was just brutally KO'd a month ago so he wasn't cleared to train etc. Still he is an idiot for being in the shape he was and taking the fight on short notice.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It is normal for guys to weigh that much when they're not preparing for a fight. I'm not a fan of it but there is nothing you can do about it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

And Junior Dos Santos would have a lot more company as well:

"I’m at the point where I’m starting to cut a lot of weight," Villante said. "I come down from like 240 to 205, so it stinks to lose all that weight and then I’m finally down low 220s [when the news broke]. I’m trying to stay low, it’s hopefully just a month away until I fight. "

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/2...-and-eating-binge-gian-villante-just-wants-to

Heel

Fighters cutting weight? Shocking.

It would be interesting to poll the UFC roster and find out everyone's walking weight. Curious to know who the true monsters are. I know Tibau is huge.

Even better, weigh the fighters backstage just before the fight and add it to the tale of the tape.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
This week has been a good week. Looper was great and I want to see it again. I'll be playing Dishonored later after watching baseball playoffs.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yeah well that fight will end up being the main event after Dana scavenges the card to make up for GSP pulling out of 154.

JOHN CHOLISH IS A KILLER
I absolutely refuse to believe UFC has tempered our expectations to the point that were excited about Yves Edwards vs. John Cholish, friend.
Let me tell you about John Cholish. That guy is a fucking stud. He's a submission machine who trains with Renzo Gracie and now he's getting some power in his hands and he's knocking people out. This guy is a very dangerous fighter.

/joe rogan promo

Dayumn, DaMarques walks around at 210?! I had no idea he was so big.

Top Bottom