• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

VoxPop

I think Shogun will surprise us. Hes been catching lots of criticism in his last fight and will come in shape. If he loses this fight I think he should consider retirement. Gus ain't finishing him at all. If Gus wins he will do what he did to Silva, dance around Condit style and win on points. Shogun will bring him into a war.

Gus will finish him with strikes in the 1st and expose this fraud. Bank on it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
CTQIe.jpg

GSP would fail to finish any of his economic or social programs in four years and then apologise.

Condit would avoid doing anything until getting the chance to face GSP again four years later.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
GSP has clearly lost muscle mass during his extensive rehab. Carlos "The Conditate" Condit by sprawl and brawl.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Fucking truth. Watch Dana anytime his hungry ass gets around Ronda to see his true beta self come out. Dude is way too desperate for a 6/10.

Wasn't he also epically friendzoned by some chick on twitter (Arianny, or some other pseudo celebrity??)?

industrian

Good lord that is a terrible shop.

GSP's head on Demmy Johnson's body painted white.

I'm in awe of some of the certifiable shit that the UFC's marketing department deem acceptable.

I just found out Pickett is fighting at UFC 155. It is too bad it will be on the prelims. I have no interest in the Davis/Griffin fight.
Yeah losing Sonnen really decreased my hype for 155.

Unless injuries take their toll, 155 is still looking great without Sonnen:

JDS vs. Cain
Griffin vs. Davis
Weidman vs. Boetsch
Maynard vs. Lauzon
Belcher vs. Okami

Griffin vs. Davis is a hype-killing dud as a co-main, but thankfully there's more on the card.

SteveWD40

GSP has no mass.

He is also standing on a box.

I just found out Pickett is fighting at UFC 155. It is too bad it will be on the prelims

WTF is One Punch doing on the fucking prelims? The guy just sparked out a solid striker with an uppercut that came all the way down from Dover, won KO of the night, won fight of the night his last 2 fights before that, is ranked no 6 in his division and has wins over some solid guys (inc their new FW champ).

Oh sorry, he isn't a lumbering oaf throwing haymakers that fans can relate to...

JDS vs. Cain
Griffin vs. Davis
Weidman vs. Boetsch
Maynard vs. Lauzon
Belcher vs. Okami

Griffin vs. Davis is a hype-killing dud as a co-main, but thankfully there's more on the card.

Maynard-Lauzon should be fucking awesome.

Gus will finish him with strikes in the 1st and expose this fraud. Bank on it.

Gus ain't finishing shit. If he wins it will be on points. What makes you think Gus will finish Shogun in the 1st when Hendo couldn't finish him and it took Jones 3 rounds. Gus couldn't even finish Silva.

GSP's head on Demmy Johnson's body painted white.

I'm in awe of some of the certifiable shit that the UFC's marketing department deem acceptable.

JDS vs. Cain
Griffin vs. Davis
Weidman vs. Boetsch
Maynard vs. Lauzon
Belcher vs. Okami

My thoughts too. Davis is such a downer. Just watching him makes me miserable, like watching Ryan Bader.

industrian

RT: @asianmmadotcom: DREAM will be doing a one shot NYE event.

I take it this will be in conjunction with ONE FC.

Time to start the hype & bullshit train! Fedor vs. Rolles Gracie! Believe!!!11!

Gus ain't finishing shit. If he wins it will be on points. What makes you think Gus will finish Shogun in the 1st when Hendo couldn't finish him and it took Jones 3 rounds. Gus couldn't even finish Silva.

Jones could have probably finished him at any time, but he came across as a guy wanting to make a statement about who was the new big dick in the LHW division by grinding Shogun into nothingness. Which he succeeded at considering Shogun tapped to end his suffering even after the fight was stopped.

And Gus isn't a decisioner. Of his six UFC wins, only one has left the second round.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
He is also standing on a box.

WTF is One Punch doing on the fucking prelims? The guy just sparked out a solid striker with an uppercut that came all the way down from Dover, won KO of the night, won fight of the night his last 2 fights before that, is ranked no 6 in his division and has wins over some solid guys (inc their new FW champ).

Oh sorry, he isn't a lumbering oaf throwing haymakers that fans can relate to...

The worst part is One Punch is actually one the few featherweights worth watching and he has personality. Pickett vs Wineland is going to be a fantastic scrap, would rather have that on the main card than Maynard squashing gatekeeper Lauzon.

Oh and Dana is the worst kind of beta. The beta that pretends to be an alpha but shows his betaness with females.

Say what you guys want about Dana, but he is leagues better than Vince in running his product. Dana is a fan first and foremost who does try and put the fights we want to see together. Vince just ruins everything he touches and is so out of touch with the fans. I stopped watching WWE like 10 years ago regularly. Watch it every so often now in small bursts and its un watchable.

Dana>>>>>Vince

industrian

I hate extremely micromanaging CEOs. Not only do they just force their will on the company even if they no longer know what they're doing, but when they eventually die (or are dethroned / otherwise step-down) there's effectively no-one there to replace them as they've seen to it that they're surrounded by yes-men and rubber-stampers in high-ranked positions.

Luckily Dana has a support mechanism that could see him removed if they deemed necessary. Vince is at the top and is going nowhere.

Say what you guys want about Dana, but he is leagues better than Vince in running his product. Dana is a fan first and foremost who does try and put the fights we want to see together. Vince just ruins everything he touches and is so out of touch with the fans. I stopped watching WWE like 10 years ago regularly. Watch it every so often now in small bursts and its un watchable.

Dana>>>>>Vince

The fact that he is even being compared is why Dana is a failure.

He is also way less savvy than Vince. Do you think Vince would have publically ripped his champion and potential cash cow because he was butt hurt the way Dana did to Bones? Do you think that Vince would publically call his paying customers idiots after a ppv because they boo'd during a terrible match? Vince is a business man. Dana is just a schmuck to got lucky and for some reason has the loyalty of the Fertita's keeping him afloat.

Vince has completely ruined mainstream wrestling. While I can understand where Dana is coming from. He needed to do what was necessary to save cards and tested the waters on watered down cards, which bit him in the ass. I doubt we will see another 152 situation again. WWE is just so played out on so many levels, the entire predictable style of WWE ruined it. Vince had wasted more talent than he knew what to do with because of his own ridiculous ego. Dudes not even a fan of wrestling that he calls his product sports entertainment.

The fact that he is even being compared is why Dana is a failure.

He is also way less savvy than Vince. Do you think Vince would have publically ripped his champion and potential cash cow because he was butt hurt the way Dana did to Bones? Do you think that Vince would publically call his paying customers idiots after a ppv because they boo'd during a terrible match? Vince is a business man. Dana is just a schmuck to got lucky and for some reason has the loyalty of the Fertita's keeping him afloat.

He pretty much does on every RAW am I right? Also he strips his champions of titles or just burys his talent which is way worse...even fires them. He didn't push Morrison because he acted like a gentleman. What a loon.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL @ saying Dana is anywhere close to Vince.

Dana may have some problems with this FOX deal, the influx of watered down product, and finding a decent contingency plan for contenders when the announced fight never pans out but he is NOT Vince McMahon.

When we start getting Severn vs. Shamrock open hand slap rules and fights stopped because of blood, and Dana saying "this match is freaking awesome as all heck" - get back to me.

Vince has destroyed any semblance of what wrestling was, from content, to matches, to booking - it in no way resembles what was from the 80's to mid 2000's. It's a PG traveling tour. Dana is NO WHERE close to that.

Vince has completely ruined mainstream wrestling. While I can understand where Dana is coming from. He needed to do what was necessary to save cards and tested the waters on watered down cards, which bit him in the ass. I doubt we will see another 152 situation again. WWE is just so played out on so many levels, the entire predictable style of WWE ruined it. Vince had wasted more talent than he knew what to do with because of his own ridiculous ego. Dudes not even a fan of wrestling that he calls his product sports entertainment.

Dana is ruining mainstream MMA. At least Vince took wrestling to heights MMA can only dream of before he went senile. Dana squandered a lot of good will and momentum that MMA had because he's a stubborn, short sided, grudge holding, egomaniacal ass hole. Put somebody competent in charge of the UFC, somebody that actually has a clue about how to make the sport appeal to somebody other than tribal tatted meatheads and trashy pot heads the sport would be in a much better and more viable place.

Again, the fact that he is even being compared to the producer of a shitty fake tv sport whose quality is spiraling downward rather than the other commissioners is major north American sports leagues (even the crappy ones like Bettman or Goodell) says a lot.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dana is ruining mainstream MMA. At least Vince took wrestling to heights MMA can only dream of before he went senile. Dana squandered a lot of good will and momentum that MMA had because he's a stubborn, short sided, grudge holding, egomaniacal ass hole. Put somebody competent in charge of the UFC, somebody that actually has a clue about how to make the sport appeal to somebody other than tribal tatted meatheads and trashy pot heads the sport would be in a much better and more viable place.

You could say that about any sport outside the NFL though dude. Maybe David Stern should try marketing the NBA to someone other than streetball loving urbaners - since the sport has hit the shitter and not a single NBA Finals ratings has beat anything from the early 80's to 1998 SINCE then.

Selig is watching baseball burn into the shitter of irrelevance with his shitty playoff system who has teams playing for titles that shouldn't even be in - and no one gives a shit.

Hockey? LOL. They can't even have a season half the time.

Boxing? Anything that doesn't even involve Mayweather, Pacquaio, or some Hispanic grudge fight can't even BE on PPV because no one gives a fuck to buy it.

Welcome to sports in 2012. I think you give Dana too much shit when there's several other sports that really are run way more horribly. I don't think he's perfect by any means, but he obviously cares a lot more about MMA than Selig cares about baseball, Stern cares about basketball, or anyone associated with boxing cares about that sport.

You could say that about any sport outside the NFL though dude. Maybe David Stern should try marketing the NBA to someone other than streetball loving urbaners - since the sport has hit the shitter and not a single NBA Finals ratings has beat anything from the early 80's to 1998 SINCE then.

Selig is watching baseball burn into the shitter of irrelevance with his shitty playoff system who has teams playing for titles that shouldn't even be in - and no one gives a shit.

Hockey? LOL. They can't even have a season half the time.

Boxing? Anything that doesn't even involve Mayweather, Pacquaio, or some Hispanic grudge fight can't even BE on PPV because no one gives a fuck to buy it.

Welcome to sports in 2012. I think you give Dana too much shit when there's several other sports that really are run way more horribly. I don't think he's perfect by any means, but he obviously cares a lot more about MMA than Selig cares about baseball, Stern cares about basketball, or anyone associated with boxing cares about that sport.

Are you joking with the Stern comment? He's had a huge hand in turning basketball into a global sport during his regime. That has had a massive impact on expanding the game and the NBA.

You can say a lot of those other commissioners, but one thing they are that Dana isn't is professional. The UFC is a league that is trying to be global and trying to grow but is still run using the tactics of a 4th rate county fair promotion. Again, any other commish you named would have been fired for some of the stupid shit Dana does. Can you imagine Roger Goodell calling fans "idiots" because they boo during a boring 7-3 game? The fans who pay your salary and keep your league alive? Can you imagine David Stern questioning whether or not LeBron James is a "real" basketball player because he sits out a game with an injury or something? These kinds of things hurt the perception of the UFC among potential future consumers and only reinforces that it is some sort of trashy, unprofessional human cockfighting league.

TheNatural

My Member!
Are you joking with the Stern comment? He's had a huge hand in turning basketball into a global sport during his regime. That has had a massive impact on expanding the game and the NBA.

You can say a lot of those other commissioners, but one thing they are that Dana isn't is professional. The UFC is a league that is trying to be global and trying to grow but is still run using the tactics of a 4th rate county fair promotion. Again, any other commish you named would have been fired for some of the stupid shit Dana does. Can you imagine Roger Goodell calling fans "idiots" because they boo during a boring 7-3 game? The fans who pay your salary and keep your league alive? Can you imagine David Stern questioning whether or not LeBron James is a "real" basketball player because he sits out a game with an injury or something? These kinds of things hurt the perception of the UFC among potential future consumers and only reinforces that it is some sort of trashy, unprofessional human cockfighting league.

The hand - you mean Michael Jordan? The same guy when he left, half the fans left too?

You list all that shit, but you think Roger Goodell would have put up with a stuck up asshole player getting a DUI and nearly killing someone either? It's a catch 22. This is fighting, there are certain things that are lax in fighting that aren't in other sports.

You can't have it both ways and cry about Jones getting drilled by for pulling out of a fight that caused the first PPV cancellation ever, but at the same time ignore how Jones got his title shot immediately in the first place taking advantage of a similar situation, and as well how he didn't have a single repercussion after his DUI.

No, in other sports, the commish wouldn't have gone after them publically. But at the same time, their asses would have been suspended for a significant amount of time too after what Jones did. Can't have your cake and eat it too - it's fighting. Boohoo, he got yelled at, but he still got paid, and still does whatever the fuck he wants. You can't do shit - on or off the field - in the NFL. Hell, you bitch about officiating in other leagues, even on Twitter, you get fined. In MMA, it's basically an art. Once again, can't have it both ways.

The hand - you mean Michael Jordan? The same guy when he left, half the fans left too?

You list all that shit, but you think Roger Goodell would have put up with a stuck up asshole player getting a DUI and nearly killing someone either? It's a catch 22. This is fighting, there are certain things that are lax in fighting that aren't in other sports.

You can't have it both ways and cry about Jones getting drilled by for pulling out of a fight that caused the first PPV cancellation ever, but at the same time ignore how Jones got his title shot immediately in the first place taking advantage of a similar situation, and as well how he didn't have a single repercussion after his DUI.

No, in other sports, the commish wouldn't have gone after them publically. But at the same time, their asses would have been suspended for a significant amount of time too after what Jones did. Can't have your cake and eat it too - it's fighting.

Joke post? Goodell has to deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, drunk drivers, and fucking dog fighters. Why doesn't Dana suspend fighters? Oh that's right instead he drives to the jail himself and tries to bail them out. I can totally see Goodell doing that the next time Big Ben or Vick he arrested. Fuck the criminal justice system we've got a game on Sunday! I'll pay the bail myself!

What he could have done with the Jones situation is keep his mouth shut, keep his personal feelings out of it and try and give a PC answer because, y'know, he's going to have to convince fans to pay $60 on PPV to watch this guy who's "not a real fighter" sometime in the future, and with your current stars like Anderson and GSP aging, you might need to bank on this guy to carry your sport in the future, so maybe try and limit whatever damage is done. But nope, can't expect that from Dana.

thefro

Vince had people to mentor him in the business like his Dad and several other folks in the old guard there (Skaaland, Monsoon, etc)... Dana basically went from being failed boxer to aerobics instructor to leaching off Chuck & Tito to getting his super-rich buddies to buy UFC and make him President.

Granted, everyone should know you shouldn't air your dirty laundry in public, but especially in wrasslin' the dynamic where you're a shill in front of the media & in front of your fans but can go ballistic behind the scenes is front and center. Dana never learned about kayfabe from being a boxing fan.

Top Bottom