• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
Joke post? Goodell has to deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, drunk drivers, and fucking dog fighters. Why doesn't Dana suspend fighters? Oh that's right instead he drives to the jail himself and tries to bail them out. I can totally see Goodell doing that the next time Big Ben or Vick he arrested. Fuck the criminal justice system we've got a game on Sunday! I'll pay the bail myself!

What he could have done with the Jones situation is keep his mouth shut, keep his personal feelings out of it and try and give a PC answer because, y'know, he's going to have to convince fans to pay $60 on PPV to watch this guy who's "not a real fighter" sometime in the future, and with your current stars like Anderson and GSP aging, you might need to bank on this guy to carry your sport in the future, so maybe try and limit whatever damage is done. But nope, can't expect that from Dana.

You act as if anyone gives a shit what Dana say. Sure we keep up with it here in an MMA thread, and they do on MMA forums, but no one else gives a shit. No one says "well jeez Dana said something bad about Jones, now I'm not going to watch him fight!"

No one cares. Dana sitting at a conference call talking shit about Greg Jackson doesn't mean shit as far as promotion.

You act as if anyone gives a shit what Dana say. Sure we keep up with it here in an MMA thread, and they do on MMA forums, but no one else gives a shit. No one says "well jeez Dana said something bad about Jones, now I'm not going to watch him fight!"

No one cares. Dana sitting at a conference call talking shit about Greg Jackson doesn't mean shit as far as promotion.

I'm willing to bet that to the average fan, Dana is more recognizable than 98% of his fighters. The guy never met a camera or mic he didn't like or couldn't find a way to say the word "fuck" into 783 different times.

Vince made his own product stale, Dana tries to give us the fights the fans want. Yeah Dana says some weird shit sometimes but thats Dana. Can't take what he says too seriously. Vince is just a maniacal egomaniac that micromanages his entire product to the point that he needs to have the final word on who shows up in a fucking WWE video game. Thats just overboard.

Vince made his own product stale, Dana tries to give us the fights the fans want. Yeah Dana says some weird shit sometimes but thats Dana. Can't take what he says too seriously. Vince is just a maniacal egomaniac that micromanages his entire product to the point that he needs to have the final word on who shows up in a fucking WWE video game. Thats just overboard.

You mean like declaring that fighters who try and make a buck by appearing in another MMA game would be banned from the UFC for life? Like that kind of micro roster managing ?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Silva should be fighting bones. Dont know why everyone is excited to see him fight a guy half his size. I suppose if he beats Georges, Aldo is next.

You mean like declaring that fighters who try and make a buck by appearing in another MMA game would be banned from the UFC for life? Like that kind of micro roster managing ?

Touche. But thats just Dana talking out of his ass. I seriously doubt he gets involved in the roster of the games. If he did than Don Frye wouldn't have appeared in UFC 3

VoxPop

Silva should be fighting bones. Dont know why everyone is excited to see him fight a guy half his size. I suppose if he beats Georges, Aldo is next.

I think it's more of people wanting to see GSP fight Silva, not the other way around. How come no one complained when Fedor decided to fight Hendo (and lose) and Lindland? Not to mention GSP is pretty much the #2 P4P.

I think it's more of people wanting to see GSP fight Silva, not the other way around. How come no one complained when Fedor decided to fight Hendo (and lose) and Lindland? Not to mention GSP is pretty much the #2 P4P.

Its not like he had many choices. The only one that he could have fought was Barnett and he was in the GP at the time.

VoxPop

Its not like he had many choices. The only one that he could have fought was Barnett and he was in the GP at the time.

I mean it wasn't a bad fight by any means since we got to see Fedor exposed but he should have waited on a UFC contract instead of rushing into the first available fight in which he had nothing to gain. He could have easily fought in a losers bracket with Sergei, Arlovski 2, or Rogers 2.

polyh3dron said:
Dude GSP is gonna look worse than KID Yamamoto did in his return fight.

Difference is KID was a product of Japanese hype. His biggest win probably being Bibiano and maybe Sudo. His wrestling has always been suspect despite him claiming he would join the Olympics.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Because at least they were comparable in size. How do you go UP in weight to fight a bunch of dudes and then decide that your next biggest challenge is a guy almost 40 pounds smaller than you. Besides there is a great chance GSP wont ever be the same after an injury of that caliber. Bones v Silva is the real logical superfight.

VoxPop

Because at least they were comparable in size. How do you go UP in weight to fight a bunch of dudes and then decide that your next biggest challenge is a guy almost 40 pounds smaller than you. Besides there is a great chance GSP wont ever be the same after an injury of that caliber. Bones v Silva is the real logical superfight.

Size disparity aside, people have been clamoring for GSP Silva for quite a while before Bones emerged. I remember GSP sitting cageside during the Maia fight and people even chanting his name during the fight. It's not like Anderson can't just fight both either. Fedor would have never stood a chance at 205. No speed advantage over fighters and the 205ers are far more technical compared to the lumbering HWs he beat. Lindland was a natural 185er as was Hendo up until recently. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Silva annihilate Bones but I won't mind seeing the GSP fight either to see how his blanketing holds up against the GOAT.

Size disparity aside, people have been clamoring for GSP Silva for quite a while before Bones emerged. I remember GSP sitting cageside during the Maia fight and people even chanting his name during the fight. It's not like Anderson can't just fight both either. Fedor would have never stood a chance at 205. No speed advantage over fighters and the 205ers are far more technical compared to the lumbering HWs he beat. Lindland was a natural 185er as was Hendo up until recently. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Silva annihilate Bones but I won't mind seeing the GSP fight either to see how his blanketing holds up against the GOAT.

If Japanese tomato cans can tap Anderson than GSP should have no problem, right?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mayhem interview was decent, nothing must see though. It boils down to him playing a character when he flipped out a few weeks ago.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member

This is so overblown. There's generally a 5 to 10lb difference in fight night weight between them when fighting in their own divisions. One is ripped and cuts to 170 from ~190, the other is soft and cuts from ~195-205 (seems to vary quite a bit fight to fight). If Canderson loses some of his pudge for a catchweight and slippery Georges puts some on the weight difference will be purely academic.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Hendo has went up like 40 different divisions.
Hendo is the real anytime anyweight fighter.

Dan_Henderson_1000565.jpg

This is so overblown. There's generally a 5 to 10lb difference in fight night weight between them when fighting in their own divisions. One is ripped and cuts to 170 from ~190, the other is soft and cuts from ~195-205 (seems to vary quite a bit fight to fight). If Canderson loses some of his pudge for a catchweight and slippery Georges puts some on the weight difference will be purely academic.

Anderson cuts from a lot higher than that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I think we all know:

A. Georgie will lose to Condit, nullifying any momentum
B. Georgie will draw, immediate rematch
C. Georgie will get hurt

I'm not holding my breath that this fight will happen.

Heel

Honestly I would rather see GSP versus Nick Diaz and truly see how dark Georges is in his head sometime.

What fights would you like to see in the future, friends?

Top Bottom