• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
They ought to have a TUF where it's a bunch of McDojo All-Stars fighting for a spot in the UFC. Then they have to beat the biggest can on the UFC roster to get in the UFC. Would be great TV.
This only makes me wonder who is the biggest can on the UFC roster.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
That picture aint helping his cause. He looks like the quintessential pothead.

My poison is liquid, so I'm asking this out of pure curiosity:

If you have the medical prescription for pot, can they tell if you've been doing the "real thing" instead of the toned down medical version? I mean, beyond getting busted for posession... rather in the piss test or hair samples.

Oh you guys are straight up making names of Joe fighters now.
They've announced the co main-events for UFC 159:
Big McLargehuge vs Flint Ironstag
Lump Beefbroth vs Slate Slabrock

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

If you have the medical prescription for pot, can they tell if you've been doing the "real thing" instead of the toned down medical version? I mean, beyond getting busted for posession... rather in the piss test or hair samples.

They've announced the co main-events for UFC 159:
Big McLargehuge vs Flint Ironstag
Lump Beefbroth vs Slate Slabrock

No clue. I've been under the impression that the medical stuff is the good stuff.

I am so pumped for UFC on Fox 5. Been awhile since iv'e been this hyped for an event. Its stacked from head to toe. Counting down the days.

Tell me about it. The main card is better than most PPVs. Hell the undercard is as good as most PPVs. Siver, Jorgensen, Dillashaw, Nijem, Lavar Johnson, all awesome. And on top of that we get to see Gustaffson smash Shogun and Nate win his first belt? Forget about it!

If you have the medical prescription for pot, can they tell if you've been doing the "real thing" instead of the toned down medical version? I mean, beyond getting busted for posession... rather in the piss test or hair samples.k
The medical shit is so strong a friend of mine had THC poisoning from smoking too much of it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In all probability Lavar is going to KTFO Schaub. That would be his third straight and probably would see him get cut.

But really, if Schaub gets KTFO then I would want him to retire. He's only lost 3 fights in his career so far (Nelson, Nog, Rothwell) but all three were by rather devastating KOs. Adding a fourth one to that and not walking away is entering dangerous territory.

The under card is hot. There is not one boring fight on that card. So much potential greatness. Schaub getting KO'd again, Shogun derailing a hype machine, Nate Diaz being a champion and BJ Penn shocking the world.

I eagerly await your excuses, "what ifs" and tears when Gus beats Shogun.

I think Shogun will surprise us. Hes been catching lots of criticism in his last fight and will come in shape. If he loses this fight I think he should consider retirement. Gus ain't finishing him at all. If Gus wins he will do what he did to Silva, dance around Condit style and win on points. Shogun will bring him into a war.

TheNatural

My Member!
Hughes saying he wants to be an MMA judge, or run a school for it. At least the good thing about these retired MMA fighters is they want to fix shitty MMA judging.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think Shogun will surprise us. Hes been catching lots of criticism in his last fight and will come in shape. If he loses this fight I think he should consider retirement. Gus ain't finishing him at all. If Gus wins he will do what he did to Silva, dance around Condit style and win on points. Shogun will bring him into a war.

All Shogun has left is his durability. If he attempts to bring Gus into a war then I see a potential fight of the night and absolute litmus test for Gus' No. 1 contender credentials. But whatever happens, I see Gus realising the brevity of this fight and its implications more than Shogun does and winning by stoppage or decision.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Friend, I love Shogun even more than I love Georges but he's in clear Fedor territory. Still has all the skill but no longer willing to put in serious work. I like to think Shogun rode off into the sunset after UFC 113.

Heel

I am so pumped for UFC on Fox 5. Been awhile since iv'e been this hyped for an event. Its stacked from head to toe. Counting down the days.

I disagree that it's completely stacked, but the key fights are just particularly good for free TV. Better than PPV even.

If Joe Heelver made the card:

Champ Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz (for lightweight title)
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Rory MacDonald vs. B.J. Penn
Matt Brown vs. Mike Swick

Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
Mike Chiesa vs. Rafaello Oliveira
Dennis Siver vs. Ediie Yagin
T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor
Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
John Albert vs. Scott Jorgensen
Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo[
John Cholish vs. Yves Edwards

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I just found out Pickett is fighting at UFC 155. It is too bad it will be on the prelims. I have no interest in the Davis/Griffin fight.

Llamas/Koch should be good too.

Heel

Hold judges and refs accountable for making controversial decisions time and time again. The ACs are way too soft in this regard. If you're a fuck up routinely you should be giving someone else a chance to prove themselves as competent.

Who got it instead of you? Chael Sonnen?

tumblr_m8w269YEB01rxj7wko2_r1_250.gif

ufc155.jpg

There's the official poster of the "who's gonna fight Overroids" match.

See how clever it is, it has the Brazilian flag, where Black JDS was born, and the Mexican flag, because ...?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ufc155.jpg

There's the official poster of the "who's gonna fight Overroids" match.

See how clever it is, it has the Brazilian flag, where Black JDS was born, and the Mexican flag, because ...?
Pay to see a fucking fight that ended in 60 seconds last time. Whooooo, UFC!

TheNatural

My Member!
Pay to see a fucking fight that ended in 60 seconds last time. Whooooo, UFC!

Thinking about it, who could fight who at Heavyweight who hasn't killed the other guy previous?

Cain kills Brock.
Ubereem kills Brock.
JDS kills Cain.
JDS kills Mir.
Cain kills Big Foot.

KILL KILL KILL

Top Bottom