• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

FACE

Banned
What is everyone's opinion on K1 striking or K1 in general?

Is it really head and shoulders above stand up based MMA fighters?

If JDS were to KTFO Overeem in a pure stand up battle, would one say K1 has been exposed?

Watch someone like Daniel Ghita fight, then watch your average MMA HW fight. It should be obvious.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
What is everyone's opinion on K1 striking or K1 in general?

What about ACDC grappling? Surely the big balls of the live wire grapplers touch too much, they get it hot, walk all over you and if you want blood (you got it). Then you've got guys like Paul Harris: they can shake a leg.

Disclaimer: industrian is drunk and knows it's ADCC, ADD, or whatever.

It's pointless at this time especially with Forrest on a downward spiral. He's nowhere near the caliber of fighter he was when he first beat Rampage. At least the third Wand fight had some reasoning behind it since he got ktfo twice and they had bad blood. And didn't Rampage call out Glover on twitter after he brutalized Maldonado?

Both are on the downhill, thats why its a better fight. I still am down with Glover/Page, but lets see some of the new guys face each other. Forrest and Page will both be out of the UFC within a year so let Page get his revenge, id say he at least deserves it.

VoxPop

What about ACDC grappling? Surely the big balls of the live wire grapplers touch too much, they get it hot, walk all over you and if you want blood (you got it). Then you've got guys like Paul Harris: they can shake a leg.

Disclaimer: industrian is drunk and knows it's ADCC, ADD, or whatever.

I'm not too fond of the passive baiting BJJ style that a lot of fighters do nowadays. I always wanted to see a grappler be able to aggressively achieve takedowns while mixing it up with strikes and flawlessly dominate on the ground into a submission. Who has really done that lately? Please don't say Nog.

Heel

3 weeks sprawl training and Petrosyan is lightweight champeen my friend.

I'm not too fond of the passive baiting BJJ style that a lot of fighters do nowadays. I always wanted to see a grappler be able to aggressively achieve takedowns while mixing it up with strikes and flawlessly dominate on the ground into a submission. Who has really done that lately? Please don't say Nog.

WW Maia.
Vinny Mags 2.0 has some promise.
Jacare has flashes of brilliance

industrian

Both are on the downhill, thats why its a better fight. I still am down with Glover/Page, but lets see some of the new guys face each other. Forrest and Page will both be out of the UFC within a year so let Page get his revenge, id say he at least deserves it.

I'd rather see Rampage vs. Shogun 2.

It'll be a great way for both fighters to drift into the twilight after Gus steals Shogun's lunch money.

VoxPop

3 weeks sprawl training and Petrosyan is lightweight champeen my friend.

WW Maia.
Vinny Mags 2.0 has some promise.
Jacare has flashes of brilliance

Yeah Jacare isn't terrible but he's been slowly going down the striking route recently. Maia always aggressively pursued the submission even at MW but once things don't go his way, he goes into turtling and baiting. Not sure what he was even doing in the Weidman fight.

Heel

Speaking of, Weidman is definitely one of those guys who can put you on your back and sub you at will. Throw Phil Davis into the mix too. Say he's boring, but he definitely qualifies as an offense-based submission fighter. Jon Jones as well.

"Joe Silva can't match shoes."

Quote should be in OT4's op.

Right next to "Nick Diaz gives good dick"

I prefer even an old Aerts or Remy above Ghita to be honest. I find him a bit overrated.

Aww c'mon. Aerts was my favorite K1 guy and favorite fighter for a time (used to be my avatar) and even I can admit he was fighting on fumes and pure heart at the end. Ghita on the other hand is a friggin monster.

poly being 10th with 545 posts is pretty impressive considering he's been banned for about 90% of the time this thread has been up.

and even then I'm feeling like I'm not posting about MMA nearly as much as I used to in OT2... cuz ain't much going on to talk about other than guys getting injured and fights being cancelled

Charles Oliveira is your man.

VoxPop

Charles Oliveira is your man.

I'll check him out. Haven't really seen any of his fights except the one with Brookins and Cerrone.

Maklershed said:
Aww c'mon. Aerts was my favorite K1 guy and favorite fighter for a time (used to be my avatar) and even I can admit he was fighting on fumes and pure heart at the end. Ghita on the other hand is a friggin monster.

Ghita hasn't really beaten anyone of importance except Zimmerman and has a handful of losses under his belt. I'd take Hari, Aerts or Remy over him especially with the competition they've fought. Ghita is probably the MMA version of Reem.

WSoF ring girls ...

I'll take the second on the left please!

imO2LC1EupGkd.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm surprised how technical this Leonidas-Elvis fight is. It's a more technical yet also exciting fight than most ufc prelims.

Elvis would be the no. 3 middleweight in the UFC right now (behind Serpentor and Weidman, and closely behind Weidman). He'd body Bisping. Holla at me MMA-GAF.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

industrian

SteveWD40

I tried watching it earlier, the feed was choppy as hell.

In other Australia-related news, I'm watching a movie called "The Tunnel" right now.

I saw that not long ago, it was allright actually as far as these things go. No Troll Hunter but not as bad as the recent Paranormal Activity bullshit either.

Top Bottom