• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Fellow distinguished gentlemen of MMA-Gaf. Anna Karenina was great. It's going to win some awards probably none of the big ones just the technical categories especially editing. In fact I am sure it helped me make up my mind about choosing between cinematography or editing for my emphasis.

Fellow distinguished gentlemen of MMA-Gaf. Anna Karenina was great. It's going to win some awards probably none of the big ones just the technical categories especially editing. In fact I am sure it helped me make up my mind about choosing between cinematography or editing for my emphasis.
Roger Deakins still should get the Oscar for Slyfall because he did an amazing job and also because he's Roger Fucking Deakins.

So which field will you be focusing on?

Roger Deakins still should get the Oscar for Slyfall because he did an amazing job and also because he's Roger Fucking Deakins.

So which field will you be focusing on?

That's going to be a tight race. The way Anna is filmed is pretty impressive. For sure it gets the editing award though. Les Misérables' Danny Cohen looks like he might give Roger a run for his money too. Then again I have not seen Skyfall.

I'll be choosing editing.

Edit: just realized Roger Deakins has never won Oscar.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
teehee

conditlol.png

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Yep I can't wait for the Fox card.

Has any of MMA Gaf read any Dan Simmons before? I just finished The Terror. It was great up until the last 1/4 of the book.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Have the week off. Staring at the clock, waiting until Hitman unlocks on my master race machine, and one day after for AssCreed: Tanto's Revenge. Enjoy that, MMA-GAF haters. Two days out, and we've already changed the subject. Suck it down.

Has any of MMA Gaf read any Dan Simmons before? I just finished The Terror. It was great up until the last 1/4 of the book.
I liked Hyperion. He has a decent grasp of the English language. You wouldn't normally expect that out of someone from Peoria.

Somewhere, there's 112 other Jerry's in content, and a 114th that is stark raving mad.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
GSP/Hendricks needs to happen soon!

There's a lot of options in Welterweight now.

If GSP/Silva falls through (as it probably will) then you have the possibility of unification matches if the Strikeforce merger includes it. This of course would mean GSP/Marquardt, and I would assume that Hendricks would pull a Condit and wait for this fight to run its course. Then of course you have Nick Diaz, whom if he beats Koscheck could state a case for a fight against Hendricks if the GSP situation hasn't been resolved yet.

I'd like to see Hendricks vs. Diaz. Simply because it's as close as Diaz will ever get to being knocked the fuck out. Guaranteed fireworks.

VoxPop

If GSP/Silva falls through (as it probably will) then you have the possibility of unification matches if the Strikeforce merger includes it. This of course would mean GSP/Marquardt, and I would assume that Hendricks would pull a Condit and wait for this fight to run its course. Then of course you have Nick Diaz, whom if he beats Koscheck could state a case for a fight against Hendricks if the GSP situation hasn't been resolved yet.

I'd like to see Hendricks vs. Diaz. Simply because it's as close as Diaz will ever get to being knocked the fuck out. Guaranteed fireworks.

I really think GSP/Silva needs to happen NOW. They are both at their peak in terms of popularity and any more dragging feet could result in bad things for one or the other.

Even once GSP gets absolutely annihilated by Silva, he'll have guys like Hendricks, Rory, Diaz and Marquardt ready to fight him. GSP still has some time left in the sport but I can't say the same for Silva. He needs to fight GSP now, Weidman, maybe Bisping then have one last fight with JBJ before he moves onto HW.

Hendricks vs Diaz sounds amazing; as does any mix of Rory, Diaz, Hendricks, Marquardt. WW just got interesting again.

GSP/Marquardt is unlikely to happen IMO. They're pretty good friends and have trained together on numerous occasions.

charsace

Hendricks next fight should be for the title. Hendricks has string together a couple of wins already and his last two were against top guys in Fitch and Kamp. Nick should have to beat another guy on top of winning against Kos to even be consider for a title shot.

charsace

If GSP still wants to fight Diaz, it's going to happen. Nobody cares about bearded Kos.

Bearded Kos? lol. Hendricks is the second best WW right now. Hendricks has better wrestling than Kos. I think he could keep the fight standing against GSP and put his lights out.

GSP doesn't have the power to KO Diaz. So all that we would get is 5 rounds of GSP laying on Diaz, trying to pass guard and failing because Diaz has great BJJ. I would much rather see GSP fight a guy that can keep the fight standing and has one shot KO power. Of course GSP's hardcore fans don't want him to fight Hendricks because there's a good chance he could land that left and lay him out next to Fitch and Kamp.

If GSP still wants to fight Diaz, it's going to happen. Nobody cares about bearded Kos.
Oh shit you were talking about Hendricks? lol I was thinking I missed something and Kos grew a beard when I wasn't looking. Hendricks just KO'd one of the toughest guys in the division in terms of taking punishment and made him look like Glass Joe in the process. You are just scared that GSP will suffer the same fate is all.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I too fear that a GSP/Diaz fight would consist of a lot of half guard humping.

Heel

Cesar Gracie talks to us about UFC 154 and the future of his fighters.

EDIT: LOOK AT THAT MOTHERFUCKERS CESAR EVEN THINKS THAT SILVA IS TOO BIG FOR GSP

"I think Georges St. Pierre would be dumb to take that fight. My opinion is; I think that Anderson is just too big for him ... Anderson Silva walks around at 225 pounds, do you see how big he is?" - Mickey Soares, 2009

Jeff (NY) Jon, what's your walking-around weight? Everyone seems to think you'll move up to heavyweight, ultimately. Do you agree?

Jon Jones (2:16 PM) 225.
Jon Jones (2:16 PM) 226.

Enough said.

Bearded Kos? lol. Hendricks is the second best WW right now. Hendricks has better wrestling than Kos. I think he could keep the fight standing against GSP and put his lights out.

GSP doesn't have the power to KO Diaz. So all that we would get is 5 rounds of GSP laying on Diaz, trying to pass guard and failing because Diaz has great BJJ. I would much rather see GSP fight a guy that can keep the fight standing and has one shot KO power. Of course GSP's hardcore fans don't want him to fight Hendricks because there's a good chance he could land that left and lay him out next to Fitch and Kamp.
Diaz beats Hendricks anywhere bro.

"I think Georges St. Pierre would be dumb to take that fight. My opinion is; I think that Anderson is just too big for him ... Anderson Silva walks around at 225 pounds, do you see how big he is?" - Mickey Soares, 2009

Enough said.

Cesar may be the only non-idiot loud mouth out there. I don't agree with him most of the time but when he is right he is right e.g. BJ Penn.

Heel

I can't believe you guys are sold off a KO of Martin Kampmann, but ignoring split decision grind fest with Koscheck and Pierce.

Koscheck with a Beard has nothing for GSP. I'd rather him fight Nick or Rory.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Keep at it, playboy. One of these days, your "GSP loses!" prediction will pan out.

Hendricks doesn't mix up the strikes well enough to land a KO shot on GSP and if you think he's capable of out grappling the Gawd, I don't know what to tell you.

I can't believe you guys are sold off a KO of Martin Kampmann, but ignoring split decision grind fest with Koscheck and Pierce.

See: thread title

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Have the week off. Staring at the clock, waiting until Hitman unlocks on my master race machine, and one day after for AssCreed: Tanto's Revenge. Enjoy that, MMA-GAF haters. Two days out, and we've already changed the subject. Suck it down.

Yep, preloading Hitman on Steam while im in class.

Anyone else picking it up? The Professional edition is 30$ on GMG.

charsace

Koscheck with a Beard has nothing for GSP. I'd rather him fight Nick or Rory.
What? He had fights go to decision so he doesn't have a chance of beating GSP. Is that what you're saying?

The facts are Nick lost to Condit. That was his chance. Now he has to win some fights before he gets a shot. Rory hasn't fought anyone good enough to get a title shot. Hendricks is the superior fighter who has a 9-1 record in the UFC with his last 3 wins being over contenders. Rory's best win is over a light weight. Rory isn't a contender and has a ways to go yet before being in the title picture.

Hendricks should be GSP's next fight. Why do people want to see him fight Diaz? Because Diaz talked some shit? Diaz is a dude that can take a punch, has sloppy striking, no power, lacks explosion, and has a great ground game. GSP isn't gonna finish him so this would be another Fitch where GSP jabs him to death or just lays on him. I would rather see GSP fight the most explosive and powerful guy in the division who is winning in Hendricks. I rather see GSP in a fight where there is some danger like Condit. Not a guy that GSP can just circle, 1,2 against standing or lay on. Let GSP fight baby Henderson.

Top Bottom