• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

What? He had fights go to decision so he doesn't have a chance of beating GSP. Is that what you're saying?

The facts are Nick lost to Condit. That was his chance. Now he has to win some fights before he gets a shot. Rory hasn't fought anyone good enough to get a title shot. Hendricks is the superior fighter who has a 9-1 record in the UFC with his last 3 wins being over contenders. Rory's best win is over a light weight. Rory isn't a contender and has a ways to go yet before being in the title picture.

Hendricks should be GSP's next fight. Why do people want to see him fight Diaz? Because Diaz talked some shit? Diaz is a dude that can take a punch, has sloppy striking, no power, lacks explosion, and has a great ground game. GSP isn't gonna finish him so this would be another Fitch where GSP jabs him to death or just lays on him. I would rather see GSP fight the most explosive and powerful guy in the division who is winning in Hendricks. I rather see GSP in a fight where there is some danger like Condit. Not a guy that GSP can just circle, 1,2 against standing or lay on. Let GSP fight baby Henderson.

Wtf does Hendricks have out side of a left? He's seriously Josh 2.0.

Heel

What? He had fights go to decision so he doesn't have a chance of beating GSP. Is that what you're saying?

The facts are Nick lost to Condit. That was his chance. Now he has to win some fights before he gets a shot. Rory hasn't fought anyone good enough to get a title shot. Hendricks is the superior fighter who has a 9-1 record in the UFC with his last 3 wins being over contenders. Rory's best win is over a light weight. Rory isn't a contender and has a ways to go yet before being in the title picture.

Hendricks should be GSP's next fight. Why do people want to see him fight Diaz? Because Diaz talked some shit? Diaz is a dude that can take a punch, has sloppy striking, no power, lacks explosion, and has a great ground game. GSP isn't gonna finish him so this would be another Fitch where GSP jabs him to death or just lays on him. I would rather see GSP fight the most explosive and powerful guy in the division who is winning in Hendricks. I rather see GSP in a fight where there is some danger like Condit. Not a guy that GSP can just circle, 1,2 against standing or lay on. Let GSP fight baby Henderson.

Sorry, didn't make it clear enough. I'm saying Johny should fight Nick or Rory. Come to think of it, how about Marquardt when he comes over from Strikeforce? GSP should move on to his uphill battle against Anderson.

Let's not get hung up on wins and losses, let's look at styles. My opinion is Johny's style has already been beaten by GSP. Johny has a puncher's chance and is fucked in the game in every other aspect of the fight.

Nick doesn't have sloppy striking, he has no footwork. That said, he is the definition of an action fighter and I will look forward to his fights over Johny's every time.

charsace

Wtf does Hendricks have out side of a left? He's seriously Josh 2.0.

He has more power than Josh and better wrestling? He also has wins over contenders while Diaz doesn't? Now you tell me what Diaz has over Hendricks.

Sorry, didn't make it clear enough. I'm saying Johny should fight Nick or Rory. Come to think of it, how about Marquardt when he comes over from Strikeforce? GSP should move on to his uphill battle against Anderson.

Let's not get hung up on wins and losses, let's look at styles. My opinion is Johny's style has already been beaten by GSP. Johny has a puncher's chance and is fucked in the game in every other aspect of the fight.

Nick doesn't have sloppy striking, he has no footwork. That said, he is the definition of an action fighter and I will look forward to his fights over Johny's every time.

Hendricks is the most explosive guy in the division and GSP has never faced an explosive south paw that moves like Hendricks and sets up his power hand as well or reads a guys movement like Hendricks does. Hendricks is by far the most accomplished wrestler in the division. Hendricks is from the wrestling factory that gave us Couture, King Mo, and Daniel Cormier. Hendricks has the best chance of keeping the fight standing out of anyone that GSP could face at WW. And he has the one hit power to win.

Diaz beat a lightweight in BJ and lost to Condit, which was his chance of getting a quick title shot. All this after all the bullshit he pulled. Now he should get a chance to fight a guy that has already beat Fitch, Kamp and Kos? Let Diaz beat two of these 3 guys in matches first. Hendricks has earned his title shot. He's been dominant in the UFC. Chuck dominant.

Heel

He has more power than Josh and better wrestling? He also has wins over contenders while Diaz doesn't? Now you tell me what Diaz has over Hendricks.

How can you watch Kos vs. Hendricks and not see that they're in parity with each other, especially in wrestling? Do you think Hendricks is going to outgrapple GSP?

Heel

Hendricks is the most explosive guy in the division and GSP has never faced an explosive south paw that moves like Hendricks and sets up his power hand as well or reads a guys movement like Hendricks does. Hendricks is by far the most accomplished wrestler in the division. Hendricks is from the wrestling factory that gave us Couture, King Mo, and Daniel Cormier. Hendricks has the best chance of keeping the fight standing out of anyone that GSP could face at WW. And he has the one hit power to win.

Diaz beat a lightweight in BJ and lost to Condit, which was his chance of getting a quick title shot. All this after all the bullshit he pulled. Now he should get a chance to fight a guy that has already beat Fitch, Kamp and Kos? Let Diaz beat two of these 3 guys in matches first. Hendricks has earned his title shot. He's been dominant in the UFC. Chuck dominant.

lol, Chuck dominant? Let's just say we disagree on a guy that's 2 years removed from losing to Rick Story. The most accomplished wrestler in the division is GSP, and a lot of guys look amazing until they run into him.

charsace

How can you watch Kos vs. Hendricks and not see that they're in parity with each other, especially in wrestling? Do you think Hendricks is going to outgrapple GSP?

I think he has the grappling and strength to keep it standing for a while so that he can land his left straight which he has landed in every fight so far. And him and Kos are different types of strikers.

Kos is more of a guy who likes to sit and wait. Hendricks presses forward and looks to throw and throws a better jab. Kos is a more controlled striker. Hendricks is pure energy and far more explosive and quicker when he throws and does a great job of landing when guys are getting ready to move, something that Kos has never been good at which why he always sits back. Hendricks also has better cage control in regards to setting up his left. Just watch his knock out of Kamp. Kamp tried to back up, but there wasn't enough space for him to back away from Hendricks.

Hendricks style of striking reminds me of Henderson. Both guys know how to control the the cage to setup their big punches and both use lighter strikes well to setup the power hand. Henderson uses the jab and leg kick to get his right, Hendricks uses his jab to setup his left.

lol, Chuck dominant? Let's just say we disagree on a guy that's 2 years removed from losing to Rick Story. A lot of guys look amazing until they run into GSP.
Yes, he's been Chuck dominant. Losing to someone doesn't mean he hasn't been dominating. The Story loss was more of a fluke because the dude is 9-1 in the UFC and has been steamrolling guys.

Heel

You say Johny isn't Kos, well I say GSP isn't Martin fucking Kampmann. The man hasn't met a punch that wasn't blocked with his head.

charsace

You say Johny isn't Kos, well I say GSP isn't Martin fucking Kampmann. The man hasn't met a punch that wasn't blocked with his head.

He got killed by Sera and since then he just does a little striking right into a take down. Its the way most of his matches have gone the last few years. GSP rarely gets hit.

And it doesn't matter what you guys say, Hendricks has earned a title shot. Not Diaz who lost to Condit or a guy like Rory who hasn't beaten anyone yet. There isn't a guy in the division that's more deserving a match with the champ than Hendricks.

Wtf did you even watch the Kos fight?
I watched the Kos fight. Hendricks won and there was no question that he won that fight. He also finished Fitch and in his last fight he finished another contender in Kamp. Hendricks should be the next WW fighting GSP. There's no need to see him fight Diaz who he will land some body kicks on(you know GSP will because Diaz is slow and fights flat footed) and then lay on him for 5 rounds because we all know Diaz can't stop anyone from taking him down so a beast like GSP will take him down whenever he feels like and then grind his face into a bloody mess with elbows for 5 rounds.

And please stop saying Hendricks and Kos are the same. This is like saying Couture, Rampage, Henderson, Bader, and Rashad are all the same because they are wrestlers who box.

Heel

He got killed by Sera and since then he just does a little striking right into a take down. Its the way most of his matches have gone the last few years. GSP rarely gets hit.

And it doesn't matter what you guys say, Hendricks has earned a title shot. Not Diaz who lost to Condit or a guy like Rory who hasn't beaten anyone yet. There isn't a guy in the division that's more deserving a match with the champ than Hendricks.

I watched the Kos fight. Hendricks won and there was no question that he won that fight. He also finished Fitch and in his last fight he finished another contender in Kamp. Hendricks should be the next WW fighting GSP. There's no need to see him fight Diaz who he will land some body kicks on(you know GSP will because Diaz is slow and fights flat footed) and then lay on him for 5 rounds because we all know Diaz can't stop anyone from taking him down so a beast like GSP will take him down whenever he feels like and then grind his face into a bloody mess with elbows for 5 rounds.

And please stop saying Hendricks and Kos are the same. This is like saying Couture, Rampage, Henderson, Bader, and Rashad are all the same because they are wrestlers who box.

charsace, you're entitled to your opinion and all, but just because someone is the apparent #1 contender doesn't mean you have to convince yourself its a worthwhile fight, or worse yet, convince yourself that they're going to win. Take this advice from a man who actually thought Okami would wrestlefuck Anderson.

A guy with a one punch shot against GSP isn't doing it for me. The man has never faced someone with the footwork and wrestling of GSP. He'll be another slave to a page in his Sherdog fightfinder.

FACE

Banned
Friend i just returned from my first day of temporary manual labor job. My body is twisted like a diabolical pretzel of pain and sadness. I carried mixed and poured around 30 bags of 80lbs cement, and about 50 bags of egg rock. Right now the only thing i wanna watch is a pair of titties as they attempt to asphyxiate me.

Fair enough.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
charsace, you're entitled to your opinion and all, but just because someone is the apparent #1 contender doesn't mean you have to convince yourself its a worthwhile fight, or worse yet, convince yourself that they're going to win. Take this advice from a man who actually thought Okami would wrestlefuck Anderson.

A guy with a one punch shot against GSP isn't doing it for me. The man has never faced someone with the footwork and wrestling of GSP. He'll be another slave to a page in his Sherdog fightfinder.

These dudes never learn. Spent months riding the Condit hype wave, he loses and they immediately jump on the next contender as the man destined to dethrone Georges. Call it the GSP cycle.

Heel

These dudes never learn. Spent months riding the Condit hype wave, he loses and they immediately jump on the next contender as the man destined to dethrone Georges. Call it the GSP cycle.

Maybe I'm just a hypocrite seeing as i'm a willing participant in the Anderson cycle (okay ill be honest, almost every cycle), and my current hopeful Weidman has had a shitty showing of his own.

Sometimes someone special comes along and you get that feeling that this is the guy. I don't get that vibe from Johny at all.

FACE

Banned
Maybe I'm just a hypocrite seeing as i'm a willing participant in the Anderson cycle (okay ill be honest, almost every cycle), and my current hopeful Weidman has had a shitty showing of his own.

Sometimes someone special comes along and you get that feeling that this is the guy. I don't get that vibe from Johny at all.

But you got that vibe from Mendes and Okami?

:p

charsace

So even if a guy earns a title shot he shouldn't get one because another person trains in similar martial arts styles? What both of you are saying makes no sense. None. Hendricks has the best string of wins at 170. GSP beating other guys that are wrestlers and mainly box doesn't mean GSP can't lose to that type of fighter.

Why are there even rematches then? Why did GSP get a rematch after Sera destroyed him?

Heel

But you got that vibe from Mendes and Okami?

:p

Let me bang, man!

So even if a guy earns a title shot he shouldn't get one because another person trains in similar martial arts styles? What both of you are saying makes no sense. None. Hendricks has the best string of wins at 170. GSP beating other guys that are wrestlers and mainly box doesn't mean GSP can't lose to that type of fighter.

Why are there even rematches then? Why did GSP get a rematch after Sera destroyed him?

It'll make perfect sense to you after GSP gets the unanimous decision and we've wasted another 6-9 months. No one is arguing that he isn't #1 contender, but not every championship cycle is going to knock your socks off. This is how records end up looking soft in retrospect. They have to fight somebody, and not all contenders are equal.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I let you bang bro, then you went and picked Okami.

As much as I'd love to see Hendricks knock GSP the fuck out I can't let that cloud my judgement and pretend he won't get 50-45'd.

Friends, no one should pretend that we dont have 4 incredibly dominant champions that pretty much wiped their dicks on the rest of the division. If hendricks won, and yes i would like to see the fight who the fuck would seriously expect it to be anything other than a freak lucky punch. Cmon son(s). We pick the punchers and the bums cause we know thats the only shot they got and it would be pretty funny seeing someone like sonnen making bones eat crow.

charsace

Now I'm actually hoping Dana makes a Hendricks/Diaz fight. A lot of people are disrespecting Hendricks. It seems like people won't believe unless he knocks Diaz's chin off. I want to see Hendricks/Diaz. Because Johny will put him to sleep or dump him on his head tko him via GnP.

Because people don't understand that Hendricks is a step above Koscheck in wrestling and far more explosive. Hendricks has more common with Dan Henderson than he does Koscheck. I think he would push forward and drop GSP. Hendricks chin is great and GSP isn't a one punch KO type of guy.

FACE

Banned
Which is more likely, GSP finishing Hendricks or Hendricks finishing GSP? Keep in mind that the chance of either happening is close to zero.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I like Heel's suggestion. Let's revisit this discussion in 6 months after GSP has 50-44'd Hendricks and char is telling us that Nate Marquardt is going to crush Georges' skull.

Because people don't understand that Hendricks is a step above Koscheck in wrestling and far more explosive. Hendricks has more common with Dan Henderson than he does Koscheck. I think he would push forward and drop GSP. Hendricks chin is great and GSP isn't a one punch KO type of guy.

None of this is relevant, playboy. Even assuming Hendricks has better wrestling than Kos (which is not proven), GSP has better wrestling than both and far better overall grappling than both.

BTW, Georges would 50-45 Hendo too.

charsace

I believe Hendricks has good chance of knocking out GSP. And Hendricks is one the greatest college wrestlers of his generation he's up there with Ben Askren.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I like Heel's suggestion. Let's revisit this discussion in 6 months after GSP has 50-44'd Hendricks and char is telling us that Nate Marquardt is going to crush Georges' skull.

None of this is relevant, playboy. Even assuming Hendricks has better wrestling than Kos (which is not proven), GSP has better wrestling than both and far better overall grappling than both.

BTW, Georges would 50-45 Hendo too.

You went full Georges? You should never go full Georges.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Yeah. Or Junior if you've had a few.

If JDS derails the Cain Train for the second time then he's already on par with every other HW Champion (2 title defences.) Then it's a simple case of pairing him up against dudes like Overeem and Cormier to see how he fares against experience and high-level wrestling respectively.

Heel

Now I'm actually hoping Dana makes a Hendricks/Diaz fight. A lot of people are disrespecting Hendricks. It seems like people won't believe unless he knocks Diaz's chin off. I want to see Hendricks/Diaz. Because Johny will put him to sleep or dump him on his head tko him via GnP.

You realize Chamber picked Johny to knock Fitch's block off, right?

Hendricks vs. Diaz is way more competitive than Hendricks vs. GSP in my opinion, and the line would reflect that. That's why I'd rather see it. The dynamics are there for a good scrap because they both want to come forward.

Johny winning doesn't change my opinion on whether or not he can beat GSP. Styles make fights and I'm watching to be entertained. If he can't land a big shot on GSP that fight is going no where.

It's not disrespect, I actually like Johny. That's just the way I see it going, and I'm not flipping my lid to see it.

Friends, how would you grade this triple feature?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Trainin...=5485255&st=John Q / Pelican Brief &lp=1&cp=1

Been picking up some Blu Rays lately, but this Denzel discount seems unimpressive Training Day is mandatory, John Q is too much of a sappy Denzel, and never seen Pelican Brief but I'm guessing with Julia Roberts in it - its both sappy and sucks.

Collection needs some Man on Fire and something else.

Just buy Training Day solo. Those other 2 movies are trash.

Or buy this:

0088392923000_180X180.jpg

Heel

Friends, how would you grade this triple feature?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Trainin...=5485255&st=John Q / Pelican Brief &lp=1&cp=1

Been picking up some Blu Rays lately, but this Denzel discount seems unimpressive Training Day is mandatory, John Q is too much of a sappy Denzel, and never seen Pelican Brief but I'm guessing with Julia Roberts in it - its both sappy and sucks.

Collection needs some Man on Fire and something else.

This shit looks like a UFC card, if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom