• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

FACE

Banned
Whaaaa? PTBUL pls. Whether you have fun in Skyrim or not can be summed up by this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Pd-dUxvQc

Hitting people with frenzy spells, sniping with paralysis poison arrows, pickpocketing, jumping off cliffs, etc Its all good.

It's not like Skyrim is the only open world RPG that allows you those kinds of freedoms, but Skyrim also has that awful level/loot scaling system.

Talk Talk is a good band, good taste bro.

Its like any other genera. You either like it or you dont, but let me tell you young sir. Kicking the shit out of majestic dragons is anything BUT boring.

Maybe if the dragons weren't weaker than your average bear.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Thats really not helping your cause friend. There are plenty of awesome games on the Sexbox you just chose to not purchase them.
I don't play shooters, racing games or western rpgs, I don't have Xbox Live and the Dual Shock 3 is my controller preference.

How are you liking SS?

It's fantabulous but I'm still early in the game, just finished Skyview Temple. Planning to play Twilight Princess when I'm done.

FACE

Banned
There are quite a few hard dragons and there's also a difficulty slider brah. Dont be that guy.

The difficulty slider is pointless because the scaling system is borked.

What do you mean by "that guy", by the way? I've always said that Skyrim is a boring and shallow game, but unlike some folks in this forum I won't chastise you for enjoying it.

I got a love/hate relationship with Skyward Sword. It's fun but really doesn't feel like a Zelda game. I am also indifferent on the art style, it's not cel shaded but seems like its trying to be. I feel like this with the Street Fighter 4 style as well. I'm not sure what its going for so it tries to please everyone by combining 2 styles which makes the game look a bit strange.

Strikeforce card is coming together. Unofficially:

Nate Marquardt vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Daniel Cormier vs. Dion Staring
Jacare Souza vs. Lorenz Larkin
Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle
Josh Barnett vs. Nandor Guelmino (???)
Ryan Couture vs. K.J. Noons
Pat Healy vs. Jorge Masvidal
Roger Gracie vs. Anthony Smith
Tim Kennedy vs. Trevor Smith

Not too shabby. I ain't even mad.

This card sucks even by Strikeforce standards.
The Mousasi vs Kyle fight is the best fight and they couldn't even give Barnett, Cormier or even Nate decent fights.

Not sure but I think Saffiediene, Larkin, and Couture are legally required to appear on all Strikeforce cards. Do we know if UFC is picking up Marquardt/Cormier/Mousasi/Souza?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I got a love/hate relationship with Skyward Sword. It's fun but really doesn't feel like a Zelda game. I am also indifferent on the art style, it's not cel shaded but seems like its trying to be. I feel like this with the Street Fighter 4 style as well. I'm not sure what its going for so it tries to please everyone by combining 2 styles which makes the game look a bit strange.

The pseudo-cel shaded look allows older games to age with grace. Same thing with Wind Waker which still looks excellent in my opinion. I wish Twilight Princess was saved for the Wii U.

TheChits

The pseudo-cel shaded look allows older games to age with grace. Same thing with Wind Waker which still looks excellent in my opinion. I wish Twilight Princess was saved for the Wii U.

The Zelda wii u tech demo reminded me a lot of Twilight Princess. I imagine the Wii U Zelda will look similar.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The difficulty slider is pointless because the scaling system is borked.

What do you mean by "that guy", by the way? I've always said that Skyrim is a boring and shallow game, but unlike some folks in this forum I won't chastise you for enjoying it.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Heel

Good news, looks like AXS is going to start airing muay thai cards in January. Bad news is it won't be Lumpinee-level striking, but Lion Fight cards out of Las Vegas. Most of the ranked guys in the U.S. fight for them, but ain't nothing like the real thing. Should be fun though.

I feel they should have just went with full blown cel shade. It's like they couldn't decide what style to use and just meshed 2 styles together which makes the game looks kinda awkward. Look at SF4, it tried to look cartoony and realistic at the same time, which makes the final version look strange. The artists should just bring the concept art to life.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
"For girls, it raises your testosterone, so I try to have as much sex as possible before I fight actually," said the 25-year-old who appeared on the cover of this year's ESPN Body Magazine. "Not with everybody. I don't put out like a Craigslist ad or anything, but if I got a steady, I'm going to be like, `Yo, fight time's coming up."'

Ronda has a different "it's that time of the month" entirely to most women.

Like.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I feel they should have just went with full blown cel shade. It's like they couldn't decide what style to use and just meshed 2 styles together which makes the game looks kinda awkward. Look at SF4, it tried to look cartoony and realistic at the same time, which makes the final version look strange. The artists should just bring the concept art to life.

I see your point on the in-between style of SS but man, I think SF4 is the best looking fighter of the generation. DOA5 is the only one I see as close.

I see your point on the in-between style of SS but man, I think SF4 is the best looking fighter of the generation. DOA5 is the only one I see as close.

It's weird. Sometimes I look at SF4 and it looks pretty good. Than there are other times where it looks off. I would have loved if the game went full blown with the art style that Capcom shown on the very first teaser of SF4.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Fuckin A. I was pretty pumped to see Schab get KOd again. What's the story behind this?

Lavar pulled his groin muscle. And not in the good way.

UFC can use more good heavyweights.

I'd like to see Barnett vs. Mir, Werdum and Cain. Hopefully Barnett and Dana can play nice and let those fights become a reality. If not, I'm sure that Barnett could run a train through Bellator if he wanted to, or assist with ONE FC develop a heavyweight division. Or just collect cheques doing wrasslin shit. But I'd rather he was in the UFC.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I was joking.

Yes young pit i figured. i think im gonna attempt my replay of dishonored tonight. I was at the very end of the game when i sold my xbox. Good news is that at least i can install the game now and not have to wait ten minutes for textures to load.

FACE

Banned
Yes young pit i figured. i think im gonna attempt my replay of dishonored tonight. I was at the very end of the game when i sold my xbox. Good news is that at least i can install the game now and not have to wait ten minutes for textures to load.

As if I'm going to pass the opportunity to hate on something.

I did a "kill everyone but the targets" playthrough, it was so much fun!

MjFrancis

And now my list of MMA sites I visit will be 0 after mmajunkie switched to a horrible new layout.
If it wasn't for having UFC on my Facebook feed I would have no idea that Aldo v. Edgar was finally planned. I rely on that and MMA-gaf to fill me in.

Fucking holidays.

A Hardcore history thread, where's yac...

igxUUNzcY7dzU.gif
Sorry yaco, it's just how shit rolls. If you're out there, thanks for getting me hooked. I've listened to every last show.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
As if I'm going to pass the opportunity to hate on something.

I did a "kill everyone but the targets" playthrough, it was so much fun!

I wanna do one where i creatively kill the targets but sneak past everything else without being detected.

VoxPop

Lol @ Schaub/Lavar.

I guess its not worth watching the prelims anymore. Don't understand how all you guys sit through bad MMA.

I have a bunch of mma shit on my Facebook and that keeps me updated but then I also have to be careful about going to fb if I don't want to be spoiled. UFC and bjpenn both tend to give results right after the fight happens.

I need to get in on that Hardcore History shit.

I thought SFL was on right now but i just see past fights on their yt. Gotta get to work now.

MjFrancis

I need to get in on that Hardcore History shit.
If you are a history nerd it's practically a must-listen. I played the podcasts during work all last summer and some days I would get through seven full hours of his podcasts. I need to go through the few recommendations in the Mongol thread to find some new stuff on other subjects.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
If you are a history nerd it's practically a must-listen. I played the podcasts during work all last summer and some days I would get through seven full hours of his podcasts. I need to go through the few recommendations in the Mongol thread to find some new stuff on other subjects.

Podcasts? Which ones.

Top Bottom