• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
can you imagine David Stern doing this?
0095_rgp1d.gif

ShaneB

A random question. How the fuck is that Gangnam style shit popular? I heard it tonight and couldnt last more than 10 seconds. Like, do people think it's actually good?

I want to hang out with Chael.

Edit: Holy shit at Chael's passive aggressive trolling of Jones, admitting he verbally submitted to Paulo really threw Jones off, didn't know where to go.
Yup it was great that when Jon asked that he played right into Chael's hand. Jon ended up looking like a dick, lol.

Now I'm looking forward to that TUF season.

MjFrancis

7ewUm.jpg

Jake should just stick to middleweight where he's good/acceptable/30-27 at.

But if I were Jimi I'd take it, just to put a Skrap Pack member under my tyres. Build the hype for the eventual fight with Diaz.
I like ol' Johny enough that I'm hoping his whine was just a fishing trip for another opponent to KO in Round 1 before he gets his time with GSP.

VoxPop

Damn, as much as I wanted to see Diaz/GSP, the hype is pretty much dead after Condit beat him. Hendricks/Diaz seems like a better idea while GSP fights Silva or sits on the sidelines.

And Jake Shields needs to shut his can mouth up.

Sorely disappointed Rousey isn't fighting Cyborg. UFC is definitely jumping onto a mine by headlining with Rousey/Carmouche.

Heel

Hendricks vs. Marquardt (if he beats Sponge tha Gawd)
Hendricks vs. Maia (if he beats Fitch)
Hendricks vs. BJ/Rory winner

I ain't mad at any of these.

charsace

Johnny vs Rory next. Even if Rory loses.

Hendricks needs to fight Jake Ellenberger.

Both would get KTFO by Hendricks who has more power than them and his a better wrestler than them too.

Still can't believe this bullshit. I can't believe people want to see GSP climb on top of Diaz and gape his asshole for 5 rounds. Diaz has no power and doesn't know how to control the ring laterally. GSP will dance around and jab him a few times to setup his take down and then pound his backside until the round ends, rinse and repeat. And even if Diaz hits him GSP will just walk right through Diaz's pillow fist and take him down.

Bro Hendricks shouldnt get a shot because he beat a nobody. That's it. There are more guys in 170 up the food chain than him. The only name and good win he has on his list is Fitch. Unless losing to Story; Decisioning Kos and Pierce is something you want to tout.

VoxPop

Both would get KTFO by Hendricks who has more power than them and his a better wrestler than them too.

Still can't believe this bullshit. I can't believe people want to see GSP climb on top of Diaz and gape his asshole for 5 rounds. Diaz has no power and doesn't know how to control the ring laterally. GSP will dance around and jab him a few times to setup his take down and then pound his backside until the round ends, rinse and repeat. And even if Diaz hits him GSP will just walk right through Diaz's pillow fist and take him down.

That's why they all say until Diaz got them backed up against the cage begging for mercy only to get taunted and finished. In all honesty, I could see Diaz beating GSP unless he takes the Condit strike and run routine but this fight lost much of its luster after that Condit fight.

charsace

Bro Hendricks shouldnt get a shot because he beat a nobody. That's it. There are more guys in 170 up the food chain than him. The only name and good win he has on his list is Fitch. Unless losing to Story; Decisioning Kos and Pierce is something you want to tout.
Bro shut the fuck up your post is straight up bullshit. Johnny has bet 3 top 5 guys and a top 15 guy in pierce. Diaz beat a unranked BJ and then got his ass whooped by condit.

That's why they all say until Diaz got them backed up against the cage begging for mercy only to get taunted and finished. In all honesty, I could see Diaz beating GSP unless he takes the Condit strike and run routine but this fight lost much of its luster after that Condit fight.

You think Diaz is backing up GSP? GSP will drop under the first slow punch Diaz throws(because his hands are slow and that's why Condit was dancing on him), take him down, and then grudge fuck him for the round. Then repeat it for the rest of the match. I only hope GSP hates Diaz enough to secure a kimura and takes Nick's arm home with him Mir style. This way we can go another year without having to hear from Diaz again.

GSP and his camp are smart. He's too scared to fight Anderson and despite what people say Hendricks has a chance of knocking him out. So he picks a guy in Nick that poses no threat, but talks a lot of shit and he knows fans want to see him beat up the shit talker.

Heel

Honestly I thought Hendricks lost to Pierce.

When he fails to land the one hitter quitter he does not set the world on fire. Dude is a grinder. That's why I'm not at all excited for a GSP fight that will fall apart after the first round.

VoxPop

Bro shut the fuck up your post is straight up bullshit. Johnny has bet 3 top 5 guys and a top 15 guy in pierce. Diaz beat a unranked BJ and then got his ass whooped by condit.

You think Diaz is backing up GSP? GSP will drop under the first slow punch Diaz throws(because his hands are slow and that's why Condit was dancing on him), take him down, and then grudge fuck him for the round. Then repeat it for the rest of the match. I only hope GSP hates Diaz enough to secure a kimura and takes Nick's arm home with him Mir style. This way we can go another year without having to hear from Diaz again.

GSP and his camp are smart. He's too scared to fight Anderson and despite what people say Hendricks has a chance of knocking him out. So he picks a guy in Nick that poses no threat, but talks a lot of shit and he knows fans want to see him beat up the shit talker.

I don't doubt it that it would be GSP lay and pray fest if he has his way but Diaz is just as dangerous on his back. Lol @ ragging on Diaz's striking. GSP barely made it past Jake Shields standing which is like losing a stand up battle to a guy with no arms.

charsace

I don't doubt it that it would be GSP lay and pray fest if he has his way but Diaz is just as dangerous on his back. Lol @ ragging on Diaz's striking. GSP barely made it past Jake Shields standing which is like losing a stand up battle to a guy with no arms.

Here's the thing, Shields could keep it standing because GSP respects his grappling and strength and didn't want to risk getting swept. Diaz doesn't have the strength to mess with GSP on the ground. Diaz couldn't do anything with Condit when he got him down he has no chance of doing anything with GSP. And Diaz is a pillow fist like his pal Shields. Diaz wins standing because he has a great chin and throws a lot of punches so the damage piles up and getting hit messes with your breathing which messes with stamina. GSP is similar to Condit, he doesn't stand in the pocket. Diaz's game plan striking depends on his opponents being willing to stand and trade. When guys are willing to stick and move and throw variations you get Condit vs Diaz. Diaz ends up being a punching bag because the other guy will out strike him, but because he has a great chin he doesn't get rocked. Then Nick starts to taunt because he can't do anything else and his fans pretend that he won the fight.

The only chance GSP vs Diaz has of not being a decision is GSP deciding to brake Diaz's arm when he catches him in something.

If they want to give Diaz the fight so bad why not make him beat Hendricks to legitimize a GSP vs Diaz? Because Hendricks would fucking kill him just like a few other guys would. Diaz would never be able to get a few wins to get a chance at GSP. Dana knows it too. Diaz fans know it also.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

When he fails to land the one hitter quitter he does not set the world on fire. Dude is a grinder. That's why I'm not at all excited for a GSP fight that will fall apart after the first round.

He's totally the guy to dethrone GSP, dood! I know Martin has the worst striking defense of nearly anyone in the UFC and yes, he arguably lost to Kos and Pierce but he's totally the guy!!

Heel

He's totally the guy to dethrone GSP, dood! I know Martin has the worst striking defense of nearly anyone in the UFC and yes, he arguably lost to Kos and Pierce but he's totally the guy!!

Yes friend, I am absolutely appalled that the UFC would put on a fight just because more people want to see it. What about the purity of sport and the ranking system that brought us Anderson Silva vs. #1 contender Thales Leites?

Exactly, once Hendrick can't land he grinds.

charsace

Whatever. He has the wins. All I'm hearing is excuses. Diaz had two chances prior and blew them both, does nothing, and get yet another chance. A year and a half from now when Diaz is in Bellator I hope you dudes are still defending him. Because Diaz has nothing for GSP. He has no power striking and doesn't have the wrestling to keep it standing. Hendricks has the type of wrestling that could have gotten him on the Olympic team and 1 punch ko power. The only iffy fight he as was against Mike Pierce and that was a close decision. People need to watch the Kos fight again. Hendricks looked good in that until Kos pulled out his patented eye poke.

The bottom line is that there is no valid argument for Diaz getting the title shot. None. I wish Strikeforce didn't protect Diaz from Woodley.

VoxPop

Yes friend, I am absolutely appalled that the UFC would put on a fight just because more people want to see it. What about the purity of sport and the ranking system that brought us Anderson Silva vs. #1 contender Thales Leites?

Thales Leites was 15-1 when he fought Silva and had just beaten Marquardt who was supposed to rematch for the title.

charsace said:
Here's the thing, Shields could keep it standing because GSP respects his grappling and strength and didn't want to risk getting swept. Diaz doesn't have the strength to mess with GSP on the ground. Diaz couldn't do anything with Condit when he got him down he has no chance of doing anything with GSP. And Diaz is a pillow fist like his pal Shields. Diaz wins standing because he has a great chin and throws a lot of punches so the damage piles up and getting hit messes with your breathing which messes with stamina. GSP is similar to Condit, he doesn't stand in the pocket. Diaz's game plan striking depends on his opponents being willing to stand and trade. When guys are willing to stick and move and throw variations you get Condit vs Diaz. Diaz ends up being a punching bag because the other guy will out strike him, but because he has a great chin he doesn't get rocked. Then Nick starts to taunt because he can't do anything else and his fans pretend that he won the fight.

The only chance GSP vs Diaz has of not being a decision is GSP deciding to brake Diaz's arm when he catches him in something.

If they want to give Diaz the fight so bad why not make him beat Hendricks to legitimize a GSP vs Diaz? Because Hendricks would fucking kill him just like a few other guys would. Diaz would never be able to get a few wins to get a chance at GSP. Dana knows it too. Diaz fans know it also.

Sticking and moving? Condit threw pitter patter strikes and ran the entire fight. Condit a guy who has literally finished almost all his fights was scared to stand and bang with Diaz.

Top Bottom