• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
roryisaserialkillerjdoxk.jpg

Just looks like Nicholas Cage and Bale had a love child.

SteveWD40

Didn't Rory indicate a move to MW one day? I would say he has the size for it, once his metabolism slows down it's a given imho.

He won't have to fight GSP (they are sharing toothbrushes at this point) and by then Silva might be gone too.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Playing Metro 2033 right now on PC.

I thought it was going to be a lot more open a game. I'd describe it as a "CoDified" Stalker, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. The atmosphere is great.

FACE

Banned
Playing Metro 2033 right now on PC.

I thought it was going to be a lot more open a game. I'd describe it as a "CoDified" Stalker, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. The atmosphere is great.

Ranger Hardcore, right?

And yes, it's a lot less open than STALKER. I hope they make the levels more open in the sequel.

industrian

First playthrough: Normal mode.

Second playthrough: Ranger Hardcore.

I need to get a feel for the game itself before subjecting myself to harder modes.

And did they ever release the 2012 version of Stalker Complete? I feel like jumping back into that game.

FACE

Banned
First playthrough: Normal mode.

Second playthrough: Ranger Hardcore.

I need to get a feel for the game itself before subjecting myself to harder modes.

And did they ever release the 2012 version of Stalker Complete? I feel like jumping back into that game.

Don't think they did.

Ranger mode is tons more fun because enemies stop being bullet sponges.

industrian

As soon as I got an automatic shotgun my complaints at bullet sponge enemies went away. Getting an AK made the game a lot easier too (the game seems to think I stealthed my way past those enemies to get to Bourbon...)

The Bastard is a completely useless weapon. The fact the reload animation completely blocks your vision is just insult to injury.

The QTEs are the only bad part of the game.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Man, gotta admit Pacquiao is taking the loss well. My Filipino family watches TFC religiously and they interviewed Manny where he was cracking jokes and is in good spirits. They really are devastated over there though.

399282_560198007340434_821411598_n.jpg

TheChits

Hendricks is on the mma hour right now, and seems pretty damn pissed that Diaz is getting a title shot before him. Even though I don't think he has anything for GSP, it is silly Diaz is in line before him

industrian

JDS will win by TKO.

Urijah Velasquez will then fight the winner of Nelson/Mitrione and become No. 1 Contender if he wins. Gotta keep the dream of Mexicain dollars alive somehow.

industrian

Chad Mendes vs. ... ... ... Yaotzin Meza ?!

Now they're just making names up. We're going to see Chad Mendes eat a can of beans in the octagon.

IMACOMPUTA

Whoa what the fuck? Benson fought with a toothpick in his mouth? Whats that all about? Can he be retroactively punished for that? How would you punish that? Its not No Contest worthy is it?

http://youtu.be/UkJScJaU4mM

Colton on TUF makes a good case. He's a cocky asshole, fakes taps, looks weird, and his fighting style is to grind people against the cage without ever attempting to finish a fight.

Not to mention he pulled some shady shit with his fake touch gloves shoot to get in the house.
I hate that fucking guy. I hope Ricci kills him.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Im glad they're giving Diaz to GSP.. let that be the last nail in the Strikeforce Coffin.

They need to put Hendricks on the same card tho so when the inevitable emotional break down happens and they're forced to pull Diaz from the card, they'll have a legit backup fight in the making.
Just keep GSP and Hendricks in the loop so they know in all likelihood they'll be the next fight.
Hell let both GSP and Hendricks play up the fact they know Diaz won't show up cuz he's a punk..It could be fun.

Great event this weekend btw ..felt good to look forward a solid event.

Remember kiddos - smoke weed a few weeks ago and have trace metabolites in your system? Thats a year long ban, overturn of your win, and/or rehab. Have what could be used as a weapon hidden in your mouth? Thats ok!

@davemeltzerWON: For those curious, the Washington commission said they have no rules in place regarding toothpicks in mouths during fights, so no issues.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/10/...s-19-post-event-facts-about-henderson-vs-diaz

Given the current UFC schedule, Matt Brown will be the only fighter on the UFC roster to go 4-0 in 2012.

Fighter of the Year. The Immortal.

no matter how many times he wins.... i just cant get past the guy who looked oh so bad on TUF and immediately post TUF. i have a mental block when it comes to matt brown. they could put him in against danny downes and i'm fairly certain i'd pick downes. boosted. and yeah, i'm aware he fights at 155.

Yeah that 4-0 stat this year is hard to believe. I think its because even when he wins it looks like he's losing until right before he wins. Well with the exception of this last time out .. he looked pretty good all around against Swick.

Don't make a big deal out of the toothpick because it isn't one.

Would you be more concerned about fighting a guy that smoked weed or that has a toothpick in his mouth?

dem

no matter how many times he wins.... i just cant get past the guy who looked oh so bad on TUF and immediately post TUF. i have a mental block when it comes to matt brown. they could put him in against danny downes and i'm fairly certain i'd pick downes. boosted. and yeah, i'm aware he fights at 155.

I'm with you.

Matt Brown is the ultimate can in my mind.

I can't believe he went 4-0

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's like you gentlemen didn't believe me when I said Brown is the Champion of Cans at 170. He'll lose to anyone who's even semi-legit as his record shows but he's a solid gatekeeper to mediocrity.

Top Bottom