• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Happy Birthday!

9KJsB.jpg

Did anyone say Gus only beat Shogun because of his reach yet?

Don't they have the same reach?

I doubt Gus can take Machida. I think he should fight Evans. Lets see how he does vs a wrestler.

Shogun should either just retire or just have rematches from Pride like vs Rampage and Lil Nog. He has no business getting skooled by punks like Gus when he can't even use his best tools to win fights anymore. Once you start loosing to younger fighters its time to hang em up.

ShaneB

Oh man, the prelims were awesome.

Sad to see Nam Phan lose, but man, Siver destroyed him.

Trujillo dominated as well, those damn knees to the body were brutal.

cruikshank was picking apart Martinez as well. Total punching bag fight, back and forth brawl. And holy shit at the KO.

Nijem vs Proctologist was a great fight as well.

Easton/Assuncao was meh, but not bad.

And of course the great f*inishes by Jorgensen and Edwards.

Why can't all cards be this good?

I was thinkin Fedor last night as well.

Is there anybody that's so easy to dislike more than Chris Lebman? I try to like the guy, I really do. I love watching him fight but I just can't stand the dude. I really can't stand looking at his dumb ugly fish face.

Whoa what the fuck? Benson fought with a toothpick in his mouth? Whats that all about? Can he be retroactively punished for that? How would you punish that? Its not No Contest worthy is it?

http://youtu.be/UkJScJaU4mM

I was thinkin Fedor last night as well.

Is there anybody that's so easy to dislike more than Chris Lebman? I try to like the guy, I really do. I love watching him fight but I just can't stand the dude. I really can't stand looking at his dumb ugly fish face.

Colton on TUF makes a good case. He's a cocky asshole, fakes taps, looks weird, and his fighting style is to grind people against the cage without ever attempting to finish a fight.

I bought so much shit in LA this weekend (presents for my kid) fucking Wells Fargo thought my card had been stolen. They put a hold on my account. Fucking hilarious. The last time this happened I was living in Germany.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Man, gotta admit Pacquiao is taking the loss well. My Filipino family watches TFC religiously and they interviewed Manny where he was cracking jokes and is in good spirits. They really are devastated over there though.

Boogie

Friends, let us take a moment. A moment to pity members of the likes of polyhedron, alr1ght, and the departed yacobod.

Their Heroes have been tried recently. And all have been found wanting.

Rory curbstomping BJ? Check.

Benson toying with Nate for 25 minutes? Check.

A Nick Diaz who is so irrelevant, he can do nothing more than whine about a judges' decision that doesn't even matter anymore anyway? Check.

And above it all, reigning like Zeus atop Olympus, GSP remains the WW champion of the world.

Rest in Peace, "scrappers". None of them have what it takes to be champions in 2012.

Long live the "athletes".

:bow

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
While wearing your Wayne Gretzky jersey, Bret Hart sunglasses, and Mountie hat, enjoy staring at GSP's well toned ass laying on guys and Rory MacBateman's bacne as he jabs the UFC into irrelevancy.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man, gotta admit Pacquiao is taking the loss well. My Filipino family watches TFC religiously and they interviewed Manny where he was cracking jokes and is in good spirits. They really are devastated over there though.

Easy to be in good spirits when you're rich as shit. Not like Paq has to go sit in a cube tomorrow and feel his soul burn away.

Dat feeling of Sunday night.

iyBxfBgN8MGkA.gif

Boogie

now, regarding irrelevancy.

GSP vs a bum on the street would draw 700k PPV buys.

Whereas the scrapper wet dream, BJ vs. Diaz, drew 280k buys.

So, I'm not sure where that argument lies, exactly.

Dwayne

‏@ToneDef709
@markhunt1974 are you fighting Struve officially yet or is it just a rumour?

@markhunt1974
@ToneDef709 ask your mum

@ToneDef709
@markhunt1974 ahhh, ok?

classic hunt.

Say what you want about the new disrespectful Rory Bateman, but more people will talk about him more than Hendricks, Fitch and Weidman combined.

How do you like Rory vs Mia? Or Hendricks vs Mia? I think Mia might be GSPs biggest threat.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maia can't take GSP down and will get absolutely shredded on the feet. It would look like a more dominate version of Weidman/Maia.

I hope Hunt destroys Struve. It's such a terrible match up for Hunt I think, he's gonna have a difficult time KOing him because of his massive height and reach. I unfortunately see Struve taking this to the ground for a submission. We SHOULD have gotten Carwin vs Hunt. Silva sucks at match making.

Boogie

The upside for Hunt is that Struve has shown time and time again that he has no idea how to use his reach to his advantage.

As for Carwin, he is A) Injured, and B) a damn good wrestler.

Not sure why you would want Carwin/Hunt over Struve/Hunt, since Struve has never taken anyone down, like, ever.

The upside for Hunt is that Struve has shown time and time again that he has no idea how to use his reach to his advantage.

As for Carwin, he is A) Injured, and B) a damn good wrestler.

Not sure why you would want Carwin/Hunt over Struve/Hunt, since Struve has never taken anyone down, like, ever.

The Lavar Johnson fight he took him down and submitted him.

Carwin would stand and bang with Hunt for sure. It's guaranteed fireworks and should be healed by than. Hunt is at a huge disadvantage. Forget about reach, how the hell is he gonna KO a guy that's a foot taller?

Johny Hendricks, duh.

Or it could be Rory if he doesn't get arrested for a series of murders first.

Or maybe Erick Silva.

He's gonna get destroyed by someone.

Boogie

Johny Hendricks, duh.

Or it could be Rory if he doesn't get arrested for a series of murders first.

Or maybe Erick Silva.

He's gonna get destroyed by someone.

Real Talk: Hendricks is the only guy at 170 who makes me nervous, even though he's basically just a better version of Kos. I'll only feel good about that fight after GSP has jabbed the shit out of Hendricks in round 1.

And y'all are making me want to run some CPIC checks on Rory when I get into the office tomorrow, lol

And Erick Silva? Ninja, please. No one who gets worked by Jon Fitch is going to be a threat to GSP.

I don't even think Shogun could take out Ramoage at this stage in his career. It kills me to say it but its obvious he doesn't use kicks anymore not mixes it up in the striking. Also the Pride rule set made this an epic beat down on Rampage as he got soccer kicked to death.

Oh and Hendricks poses zero threat. Condit had the best chance.

Boogie

Oh and Hendricks poses zero threat. Condit had the best chance.

Condit had the best chance? You trippin'

As I said a thousand times, in GSP/Condit, GSP's opponent wasn't Condit, it was his own ring rust and recovery from the knee injury.

No one who has zero chance of contesting where the fight takes place has a chance against GSP. And Condit was a man who had been taken down by every opponent who ever wanted to do so.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Condit was a bigger threat than Hendricks due to how well Carlos can set up his striking. You saw that when he landed that excellent head kick.

The person who beats GSP will need to be a dynamic athlete with a size advantage who's also as well rounded as GSP himself. Basically, Rory Mac. Thankfully Rory seems perfectly content being GSP's personal goon and assassin.

Boogie

GSP lost to Matt Hughes early in his career and he ended up doing alright.

Sure.

If you want to run with that comparison, go nuts.

The person who beats GSP will need to be a dynamic athlete with a size advantage who's also as well rounded as GSP himself. Basically, Rory Mac. Thankfully Rory seems perfectly content being GSP's personal goon and assassin.

I think Rory is close to the sort of fighter who might beat GSP, but he's not there.

He'd have a size advantage, and their striking looks to be nearly even, but I'd say that's it.

He struggled a bit wrestling-wise with 2012 Penn, whereas GSP smoked 2009 Penn there, and on the ground, made no effort to pass or GNP, whereas GSP worked 2009 Penn over on the ground.

Obviously, there's huuuuuuge potential for Rory to improve, given how young he is, though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rory would lose to GSP today but in a year or two with more experience, maybe he could take it. Rory is damn scary though and his GnP is probably the best in the sport outside of Jones.

Top Bottom