• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Any "meaningful" fights on today's card?

I'll watch tomorrow I guess. UFC cards during the work day, is this for unemployed people who can't afford the ppvs?

And let the Fedor arguing continue. Next up we argue about Condit. I feel at home.

To Anderson's credit he did finish Hendo. That's something Rampage, Wand and Shogun couldn't do.

dream

I just turned on "UFC on FuelTV" just in time to hear:

a) there is a convicted felon in the Ultimate with a 2-0 record
b) Joe Benavidez admitting he doesn't know how to escape a body triangle

Heel

Yeah, now that I think about it, who did anyone ever beat? I can imagine we'll be able to smash holes in Bones' myth after these legends cans fall by the wayside.

That fight could have gone differently if BJ hadn't punched him in the head early in rd 1.

Too much aura, IMO.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Who is worse, MMA journalists or videogame journalists? I would be tempted to say videogame journalists as they're mostly just PR mouthpieces, but with Ariel and Karen Bryant actually being employed by the company they're supposed to critique might be worse.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I just turned on "UFC on FuelTV" just in time to hear:

a) there is a convicted felon in the Ultimate with a 2-0 record
b) Joe Benavidez admitting he doesn't know how to escape a body triangle
And now you get to watch Leonard Garcia!

Heel

Who is worse, MMA journalists or videogame journalists? I would be tempted to say videogame journalists as they're mostly just PR mouthpieces, but with Ariel and Karen Bryant actually being employed by the company they're supposed to critique might be worse.

They're both fans with microphones. I think hearing about credentialed media trying to sell event programs at a UFC post fight presser takes the cake, though.

In all seriousness someone in my group of friends said this after that fight.

lol I think we have a new thread in-joke on our hands here.

Centurion

Banned
The UFC isn't exactly going to garner new fans from FuelTV and FX if the cards are always shit. Step up your game Dana and pay up for some good fights.

The aura is fuckin real. Fedor admitted it himself that all of his opponents already lose mentally just because of his aura, not his skills.

How does one obtain an aura?

Build yourself up as a Russian Cyborg by destroying cans in Japan for several years in the weakest division in all of combat sports during your reign. Also don't smile or have any personality so people can say how calm and stoic you are.

His aura, whatever I seen, it was orange!

Fedors aura has always been a bright red for me. Like the tomatoes inside the tomato can...

Fedors-Face.jpg

Heel

Build yourself up as a Russian Cyborg by destroying cans in Japan for several years in the weakest division in all of combat sports during your reign. Also don't smile or have any personality so people can say how calm and stoic you are.

lol clearly Cain needs to work on his aura building.

Heel

Jaladinozozo I think you may need dunked in the chilly waters of the Stary Oskol river to come back to reality, friend.

dabig2

God, there have to better things to do with my Friday then watch a shitty preliminary card for what will probably be a shitty main card.

Top Bottom