• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

Manny screwed Manny.

iopINQBTBWh5i.jpg

TheNatural

My Member!
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
And we thought a judge giving Carlos Eduardo Rocha a 30-27 last night was the strange call of the weekend. Bizarre. I'm tired. Good night.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Aldo's injured? Dana White's can now officially fund social security with his swear jar.

I have seen this .gif a 100 times now, but only now have I noticed the single tear running out of his eye. Damn.

Mind blown.

Had an arguement about Fedor in the club tonight and when I asked if Fedor is not the HW GOAT who is, the response was Frank Mur.......smh this dude fights too. Morons. I can't take it. I'm done.

Remember last year we had something like 10 UFCs title fights scrapped/changed due to injury by October? I wonder how many we've had so far this year. I think we're way ahead of schedule.

---

Good article about the Pac/Bradley fight and many other recent matches either being fixed or effected by completely incompetent judges:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/10/3075911/pacquiao-vs-bradley-the-death-of-credibility-in-boxing

---

Jones vs Henderson in September according to rumors

---

Paul Daley released by Strikeforce

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Guy on ESPN..."I'd rather have that [Pac decision, Boxing] than MMA. It's barbaric and has no rules."

lol. He's an old man though.

tass0

Banned
Had an arguement about Fedor in the club tonight and when I asked if Fedor is not the HW GOAT who is, the response was Frank Mur.......smh this dude fights too. Morons. I can't take it. I'm done.

Fedor being the HW GOAT isn't an argument, it's a fact.

Fedor being the MMA GOAT is debatable.

tass0

Banned

This is no LOL'ing matter, friend.

Fedor has beaten nearly as many top 10 ranked opponents as other GOAT candidates Anderson Silva, and Georges St. Pierre.

The only difference is Fedor didn't lose to cans, unlike GSP and Silva.

They're tied at this point, until GSP and AS lose again, then Fedor is unanimously considered the GOAT.

This is no LOL'ing matter, friend.

Fedor has beaten nearly as many top 10 ranked opponents as other GOAT candidates Anderson Silva, and Georges St. Pierre.

The only difference is Fedor didn't lose to cans, unlike GSP and Silva.

They're tied at this point, until GSP and AS lose again, then Fedor is unanimously considered the GOAT.

You're right, he didn't lose to cans, because Antonio Silva is even loser than a can, he's like a paper cup.

Agreed the ones that can claim GOAT status are GSP, Silva and Fedor. Out of the 3 Fedors reseme looks most impressive. Call me crazy but I have Hendo up there as well.

The only guys Fedor hasn't fought during his dominance were Barnett and Randy and I think it's safe to say that he would have stomped them both. Where is that YouTube video of every fighter like Chuck, Wand, Page etc saying that they would be too pussy to fight Fedor?

Heel

Edited the schedule. Nice little Bad MMA weekend coming up.

ProElite veteran Sara McMann and UFC legend Drew McFedries free on Sherdog!

tass0

Banned
Fedors-Face.jpg

The Last Canperor

Long live the King of Cans 2002-2009

Oh noes, Fedor lost.

Greats aren't allowed to lose, especially when they're near the end of their careers, or they'll get relegated to can status.

smh

In other news Hendo is +450 vs Jones. Time to drop a bill on dat H Bomb. Hendo is becoming punch drunk like Frye and Chuck.

James Toney was more favoured to beat Randy Couture than Dan Henderson is to beat Jon Jones.

Hendo has no chance, especially not with those little t-rex arms of his.

industrian

Hendo is becoming punch drunk like Frye and Chuck.

Are we talking about the same Dan Henderson here? The last time I checked he has never been KO'd in any of his eight losses.

And Hendo is much more a solid candidate for GOAT status than Fedor ever will be. Even when he gets ragdolled by Jones he can always reflect on the fact he's challenging himself at the highest level and not shitting on whatever legacy he has by fighting dudes like Rizzo, Monson and no-name Japanese cans.

Losing to 4-7 Daiju Takase, or 9-4 Matt Serra is worse than losing to 15-2 Antonio Silva, breh.

100%. Fedor was in the twilight years of his career in that fight, though I think Fedor was good in the Werdum fight but just played Werdum's game. That Bigfoot fight was competitive. It sucks that it didn't go to a 3rd. Not saying Fedor would have won if it did go to a 3rd, but you never know. Lame finish to that fight.

These days if you want to be a fighter you have to start at 18 Vitor style and go to 34(5) than retire. That's why I see a guy like Rory will have a spectacular career. Beast mode at 22.

dream

At least Daiju Takase and Matt Serra are skilled sports entertainer. Bigfoot Silva is just a freak show. He's HMC with an ATT affiliation.

tass0

Banned
100%. Fedor was in the twilight years of his career in that fight, though I think Fedor was good in the Werdum fight but just played Werdum's game. That Bigfoot fight was competitive. It sucks that it didn't go to a 3rd. Not saying Fedor would have won if it did go to a 3rd, but you never know. Lame finish to that fight.

That was the worst Fedor that ever showed up, almost as bad as his performance vs. Henderson.

It's a shame that he decided to abandon his skillset and become a wild brawler, but hey, give him Cormier/Barnett and call it a career.

It's time to make way for future GOATs such as Jon Jones and Can Velasquez.

dream

He's always been somewhat of a wild brawler though. Like Iceman Chuck's opponents eventually figured out, all you had to do was gameplan for the overhand right.

industrian

100%. Fedor was in the twilight years of his career in that fight

One could easily just say something similar like "Silva was just starting out when he lost to Chonan/Takase/etc" because in Silva's case and his annihilation of his competition in the UFC it's certainly the truth.

That Bigfoot fight was competitive.

Which is exactly the issue. A fight between an elite, GOAT-candidate HW fighter vs. Bigfoot should not be "competitive." Ask Cain Velasquez or Dan Cormier for more details.

Top Bottom