• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

dream, frenemy, would you like any of these game codes from my Windows notepad document yes or not

SpellTower
Dummy Defense
Cut the Rope
Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty
Rollerhog
Eden: Worldbuilder
Pandemic 2.5
Ski Safari
Robbery Bob
Doodle God
LostWinds

The rest of you iOS touch gaming futurists may also PM me for the goods.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
As Demetrious Johnson preps for surgery, UFC flyweight-tourney final pushed to fall

oLCtW.jpg

And people wonder why the UFC doesn't do tournaments anymore.

My body is ready.

547774_336711276397285_207917987_n.jpg

At this point you could call this event UFC 149 and no-one would be none the wiser.

Who does everyone have in this weekends fight between Wand/Franklin?

My conscious is telling me that Wand takes it this time. Taking my being a Wand fanboy out of account, Wand has a great chance of finishing, actually I highly doubt this fight will even go the distance between both fighters. Wand wins via being more active and just hits too hard. Wand via axe murder in the 2nd.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wha? Did you gentlemen miss the first fight? The one where wand called franklin a cab to mercury road several times and lost a ridiculously close fight?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
right now is such a low point for modern-day ufc. all they need is for gsp to get busted for roids and it will be a perfect nadir

some of it's the company's fault, some of it not, but man. spike has to be laughing their asses off at the ufc's nosedive since they bailed

yacobod

Banned
right now is such a low point for modern-day ufc. all they need is for gsp to get busted for roids and it will be a perfect nadir

some of it's the company's fault, some of it not, but man. spike has to be laughing their asses off at the ufc's nosedive since they bailed

i concur.

Wha? Did you gentlemen miss the first fight? The one where wand called franklin a cab to mercury road several times and lost a ridiculously close fight?

brah u forget that can le had wand on liberace blvd a few times in his last fight? a strong wind can knock out wand these days.

i concur.

brah u forget that can le had wand on liberace blvd a few times in his last fight? a strong wind can knock out wand these days.

Hes only been KO'd by Rampage and Leban during his UFC run. He took a full flush shot to the chin. The Leban fight was just awful poor game planing and stood in a clinch being retarded. I wouldn't say its nearly as bad as Chucks chin turned out to be.

yacobod

Banned
I find the thought of an old, chinless Wandy managing to beat Michael Bisping pretty hilarious.

An old and punch drunk wand throwing looping punches and attempting an extremely weak and telegraphed tai plum on leben and then getting KTFO face down ass up was pretty hilarious too. definition of tomato can.

I always loved this fight from UFC 1. How does anybody NOT love a good freak show? Its like I am watching a real life Lionhart movie. UFC would be so much better if it was still like this. Can you imagine how popular it would be today if it was? I can't even fathom how many stars we would have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45qBjpMlSU

What I loved about old UFC/PRIDE is that you can put fighters on a Street Fighter II character select screen and they would all be different.

yacobod

Banned
Javier Mendez: Cain Velasquez DOES NOT have a broken hand, Toronto’s UFC 152 targeted return date

How devious to get the fans hopes up when Cain is going to pull out eventually with a broken hand.

yacobod

Banned
MMA legend Tito Ortiz to be named to the UFC Hall of Fame before his bout at Ultimate 148.

Story here.

well deserved, one of the top 5 most important fighters in ufc history brahs.

yacobod

Banned
Does Ken Shamrock deserve to be in the UFC hall of fame? Yes or not?

absolutely. first 2 sport sports-entertainment crossover in the united states, pioneer, and helped put over Tito and Ace at the beginning of the TUF and mainstream UFC eras. legend.

next question.

dream

dream, frenemy, would you like any of these game codes from my Windows notepad document yes or not

SpellTower
Dummy Defense
Cut the Rope
Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty
Rollerhog
Eden: Worldbuilder
Pandemic 2.5
Ski Safari
Robbery Bob
Doodle God
LostWinds

The rest of you iOS touch gaming futurists may also PM me for the goods.

Very generous of you, my frenemy. I cannot resist trying a game called "Rob Bob."

dream

More fights should just have 1 round and fit more onto a broadcast.

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

The Ultimate could totally freshen up their product by varying the rules and having different types of fights on the undercard. Like some could be sudden death 1 rounders. Others could be 2 minute fights where the only way the fighters get paid is by finishing their opponent within the 2 minute time limit.

dream

For maximum insularity, I propose that Boetsch start an Ultimate Book Club for us. We can meet in Nerd Chat and discuss themes, character arcs, verisimilitude, pathetic fallacy, and subversive narrative in lieu of wasting our time on shit like "UFC on Fuel TV."

yacobod

Banned
For maximum insularity, I propose that Boetsch start an Ultimate Book Club for us. We can meet in Nerd Chat and discuss themes, character arcs, verisimilitude, pathetic fallacy, and subversive narrative in lieu of wasting our time on shit like "UFC on Fuel TV."

perhaps you and Boetsch select one title a month for insular chat discussion.

Heel

I'm down. I'll probably be wrapping up the MMA-GAF recommended Tokyo Vice tonight. I give it 3 Tito skulls out of 5.

yacobod

Banned
I'm down. I'll probably be wrapping up the MMA-GAF recommended Tokyo Vice tonight. I give it 3 Tito skulls out of 5.

so that's a solid 4.5/5 if we assume tito's skull is 1.5 times larger than a normal human's?

--
i have to report in on my success with wet shaving. I received my edwin jagger DE on friday, some Geo F Trumper's coconut and Truefitt and Hill 1805 shaving creams. I've been using the Derby's that came free with the razor, I haven't tried out my Astra's or Personna's, but by my 3rd shave yesterday, the results are simply fantastic. well worth the little extra effort.

dream

Thank you for Rob Bob, heelfrenemy.

yaco, my good friend, how much "extra effort" and expense are we talking about?

yacobod

Banned
yaco, my good friend, how much "extra effort" and expense are we talking about?

well most of the expenses are upfront or sunk costs, the de razor, brush, shave creams, aftershave, etc. so i'm in the hole for like 165 USD, but i didn't need to get 3 different type of creams, but i'm a man of style and class, and enjoy the variety. after the upfront costs, razors themselves are dirt cheap, like 100 blades for 8-20 bucks depending on the brand. From what I understand you can get 3-5 good shaves out of each blade. and my expense may be higher than necessary since i purchased premium creams and a more expensive brush versus getting a boar brush or a cheaper cream like proraso or col. conk.

as far as effort, it doesn't take that much longer than the typical mach 3 and gel shaving cream routine. maybe 5-10 minutes extra.

honestly, i don't think it's about saving money, because to save money long term versus cartridges and gels, I'd imagine it would be 2-3 years down the road. i will say that the shave is superlative though. instead of a 5 o'clock shadow at the end of the work day, i am reasonably smooth 12 hours later. pretty boss if you ask me.

dream

well most of the expenses are upfront or sunk costs, the de razor, brush, shave creams, aftershave, etc. so i'm in the hole for like 165 USD, but i didn't need to get 3 different type of creams, but i'm a man of style and class, and enjoy the variety. after the upfront costs, razors themselves are dirt cheap, like 100 blades for 8-20 bucks depending on the brand. From what I understand you can get 3-5 good shaves out of each blade. and my expense may be higher than necessary since i purchased premium creams and a more expensive brush versus getting a boar brush or a cheaper cream like proraso or col. conk.

as far as effort, it doesn't take that much longer than the typical mach 3 and gel shaving cream routine. maybe 5-10 minutes extra.

honestly, i don't think it's about saving money, because to save money long term versus cartridges and gels, I'd imagine it would be 2-3 years down the road. i will say that the shave is superlative though. instead of a 5 o'clock shadow at the end of the work day, i am reasonably smooth 12 hours later. pretty boss if you ask me.

I'm sure this will open me up to all sorts of ridicule but...does it feel better? Is it a qualitatively better shaving experience?

Lets compare generations of MMA

Generation 1

Ken Shamrock
Royce Gracie
Bas Rutten
Don Frye
Gary Goodridge
Maurice Smith
Dan Severn
kimo leopoldo
Tank Abbott
Guy Mezgar
Kazushi Sakuraba

Generation 2

Tito Ortiz
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Mirko Crocop
Fedor Emilenko
Chuck Liddell
Big Nog
Little Nog
Randy Couture
Josh Barnett
Shogun
Rampage
Anderson
Franklin
Forrest
GSP
Hughes
BJ Penn
Hendo
Mur
Sonnen
Overeem
Pulver
Hunt
Sherk
Nick Diaz
Bisping

Generation 3

Jones
Edgar
Aldo
Bendo
JDS
Cain
Bader
Jim Miller
Fitch
Bendo
Faber
DC
Condit

When comparing the generations, the lighter weight classes are the most impressive in generation 3. The heavier weight classes in generation 2 are far superior so far. The future of MMA will lie in the light classes just like boxing.

dream

Lets compare generations of MMA

Generation 1

Ken Shamrock
Royce Gracie
Bas Rutten
Don Frye
Gary Goodridge
Maurice Smith
Dan Severn
kimo leopoldo
Tank Abbott
Guy Mezgar
Kazushi Sakuraba

Generation 2

Tito Ortiz
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Mirko Crocop
Fedor Emilenko
Chuck Liddell
Big Nog
Little Nog
Randy Couture
Josh Barnett
Shogun
Rampage
Anderson
Franklin
Forrest
GSP
Hughes
BJ Penn
Hendo
Mur
Sonnen
Overeem
Pulver
Hunt
Sherk
Nick Diaz
Bisping

Generation 3

Jones
Edgar
Aldo
Bendo
JDS
Cain
Bader
Jim Miller
Fitch
Bendo
Faber
DC
Condit

When comparing the generations, the lighter weight classes are the most impressive in generation 3. The heavier weight classes in generation 2 are far superior so far. The future of MMA will lie in the light classes just like boxing.

I think what's most amazing is almost everyone in your gen 1 and 2 lists had that big fight feel to them. In contrast, who actually cares about anyone from gen 3 other than maybe Cain, who has a weird quiet killer charisma to him.

yacobod

Banned
Decent list, but I think it needs to be broken down even further to be useful. For example, Generation 2 needs to be split in 2 with pre and post TUF era stars.

Also a lot of notable names like Frank Shamrock, Mark Kerr, Igor V., Mark Coleman, Arona, Gomi, etc

TheNatural

My Member!
"When they read 30-27 for Rocha, I was like, 'What the (expletive)? Great, here we go again,'" Pierce said in an e-mail just after he was told by MMAjunkie.com that his split decision win actually was a unanimous decision sweep of the judges' scorecards.

Officials with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, which oversees the Florida Boxing Commission, on Tuesday confirmed to MMAjunkie.com that judge Ric Bays, whose score was read as 30-27 for Rocha, had scored the fight in error.

"After the fight, Ric Bays informed the Commission that he scored the wrong corner and asked for a correction," said Sandi Poreda, the director of communications for the FDBPR. "As the other fight was starting, the commission changed it on the official record."

Several key MMA databases still list Pierce's win as a split decision, and his official fighter bio page at UFC.com also has him down for a split. So word didn't travel very far very fast after the apparent correction was made to Bays' scorecard on Friday night.

"I was unaware that the judge scored it for the wrong corner, nor was I told," Pierce said. "My thoughts on the outcome still remain the same. Judges have had a bad rap for a while now, and it's instances like this that don't help their case any."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29189/mik...n-at-ufc-on-fx-3-actually-a-unanimous-nod.mma

Decent list, but I think it needs to be broken down even further to be useful. For example, Generation 2 needs to be split in 2 with pre and post TUF era stars.

Also a lot of notable names like Frank Shamrock, Mark Kerr, Igor V., Mark Coleman, Arona, Gomi, etc

Yeah I totally missed a few. I'll revise it both by TUF era gen 2 or gen 2.0 than weight class to see where we are headed within the new few years.

I also don't know if I should place Coleman in Gen 1 or 2. I'm leaning toward 2.

Top Bottom