• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I got next
6AyaN.jpg

yacobod

Banned
Fedor's back into the top 5 with that win. 2 wins in a row over former UFC title contenders. Maybe we can get him a fights with Gladiator Thompson, Bigdaddy Goodridge, and Duffman, so fanboys can call him number 1 HW in the world brahs.

Boogie

Fedor's back into the top 5 with that win. 2 wins in a row over former UFC title contenders. Maybe we can get him a fights with Gladiator Thompson, Bigdaddy Goodridge, and Duffman, so fanboys can call him number 1 HW in the world brahs.

At first I was like "..." and then I was like "ah, well played, sir."

agrajag

Banned
You guys are dicks. If he lost or struggled but won, you guys would say that Fedor is a can. If he destroyed Rizzo, he's a can crusher. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This fight says nothing about Fedor as a fighter.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Perhaps then Fedor can fight Fabricio Werdum and smash Brock Lesnar.
Oh wait, Werdum already subbed him and his management said no to the Lesnar superfight.

agrajag

Banned
It's all just jokes, man.

Specifically, the jokes being Fedor and his "career."

He's a fighter from another era. How are Chuck Lidell, Wanderlei, Shogun, Rampage, Arona, Tim Sylvia, Arlovski, etc. doing nowadays?

edit: btw, is this thread somehow hidden? It never ever seems to be on the front page.

We're in Community now. And ya, I agree Fedor should be respected for his dominance in the Pride era. It makes me sad to see him fight these crap events. Sometimes you have to joke to make the pain go away.

agrajag

Banned
We're in Community now. And ya, I agree Fedor should be respected for his dominance in the Pride era. It makes me sad to see him fight these crap events. Sometimes you have to joke to make the pain go away.

Ohhh, that would explain why I haven't seen the other sports thread that were stickied before. Now I feel stupid.

I think the problem with Fedor is not that he's a bad fighter now, it's just that he's so used to fighting crap opponents that when he is matched up with someone actually good, he fights them just like they were a can. Like the Werdum and Hendo fights. He just underestimates everyone and doesn't fight smart and then gets knocked out or subbed. :(

Heel

He's a fighter from another era. How are Chuck Lidell, Wanderlei, Shogun, Rampage, Arona, Tim Sylvia, Arlovski, etc. doing nowadays?

I can't even think of a hall of famer that wasn't pissed on and the butt of jokes before they retired. Welcome to the fantastic world of MMA fandom. Even if it's half trolling we're clearly incapable of raising the bar here.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
You guys are dicks.

You misunderstand.. I love Fedor I think he really is a contender for GOAT and a lock for the HW GOAT...
However what M1 Global has done with him is a travesty..Pedro Rizzo? really?... its sad.
I liked him losing to somewhat relevant foes in Strikeforce at least..but this shit now..
I'd almost rather donate to a feed Fedor Kickstarter campaign.

Boogie

You guys are dicks. If he lost or struggled but won, you guys would say that Fedor is a can. If he destroyed Rizzo, he's a can crusher. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This fight says nothing about Fedor as a fighter.

My friend, yaco was merely trolling Overeem fans with that post. Masterfully, I might add.

agrajag

Banned
You misunderstand.. I love Fedor I think he really is a contender for GOAT and a lock for the HW GOAT...
However what M1 Global has done with him is a travesty..Pedro Rizzo? really?... its sad.
I liked him losing to somewhat relevant foes in Strikeforce at least..but this shit now..
I'd almost rather donate to a feed Fedor Kickstarter campaign.

There's almost no one outside of UFC worth fighting in the Heavyweight division. I mean, besides Cormier and Barnett, but Fedor is not in Strikeforce anymore, and both are UFC-bound. I agree M-1 are a bunch of toolbags that mismanaged him and hurt his career and legacy. But there aren't a lot of fights for him out there.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I can't even think of a hall of famer that wasn't pissed on and the butt of jokes before they retired. Welcome to the fantastic world of MMA fandom. Even if it's half trolling we're clearly incapable of raising the bar here.
Different sport but Complainian Tomlinson:

LT.Figurine.jpg

agrajag

Banned
My friend, yaco was merely trolling Overeem fans with that post. Masterfully, I might add.

Wasn't talking about Yaco, but a bunch of other people who were trolling Fedor. I mostly ignore Yaco's posts, especially when they are on the subject of Overeem.

So... do these picks matter really? I forget they exist and wonder if there's some insular bets going on.

The Sherdog picks? Well in an existential sense no, they don't matter. In a practical sense, yes - bragging rights and fun amongst good friends here on MMA Gaf.

I'm going with the Carpender as the underdog. I don't know why. I don't really care who wins, but actually interested to see it. I won't get to see it till later though, since will probably be at work and have dinner plans after.

Oh he cut his hair? Fuck it, going with The King too, if it is his last fight. All underdog/heart picks this time around.

Going with Brock Jardine just in case he is related to Keith, Larson or Lesnar. He's someone's son and/or brother, Fedor bless him.

Heel

Brah we can't let fans come and go as they please in these dark days.

Bully wins easy tomorrow btw.

Chamber is a valued member of MMA-GAF. Don't alienate him. #TeamChamber

Sad to see him go, but it was either UFC or retirement.

Gonna miss seeing him fight.

Greatest fighter of all time.

Yeah, I can't think of a boring Fedor fight. At the end of the day that's what we're here for. Thank you, Fedor.

Top Bottom