• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Point taken.
Unless you half ass it like me, then you can't really brag about anything.

I picked by who had the more interesting name on a lot of these. Had a hard time deciding between Catone and Camozzi, but went with Catone on the basis of if I had to choose between the two on an Italian menu, that one sounds a bit more appetizing to me.

ShaneB

Unless you half ass it like me, then you can't really brag about anything.

I picked by who had the more interesting name on a lot of these. Had a hard time deciding between Catone and Camozzi, but went with Catone on the basis of if I had to choose between the two on an Italian menu, that one sounds a bit more appetizing to me.

Most of the times I just did go with the odds, and just random it, so it lost a bit of the appeal when it didn't really mean much. Ah well, a Catone does sound delicious however.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Oh he cut his hair? Fuck it, going with The King too, if it is his last fight. All underdog/heart picks this time around.

Going with Brock Jardine just in case he is related to Keith, Larson or Lesnar. He's someone's son and/or brother, Fedor bless him.

No Maynard's manager complained that it was a distraction so he decided to braid it.

Yup, Fedor is still my Emperor. I'm glad he is retiring though.

Serious question, which Dan Miller is this?

Jim's brother that Paul Harris fought.

Most of the times I just did go with the odds, and just random it, so it lost a bit of the appeal when it didn't really mean much. Ah well, a Catone does sound delicious however.
I was enjoying it for a while because it would make me look up records and try to find videos of their previous Bad MMA fights, but lately I'm too lazy. Maybe next time.

Heel

Yeah, I got tired of bodying the whole MMA-GAF community every time I participated. Whoever is winning now is holding a WAMMA title.

Heel

By the way, are we reading Frankenstein yes or not. Moving on to Fahrenheit 451 in the meantime.

Animal Farm was hot fire. 4 Tito heads out of 5.

TheNatural

My Member!
Book club? We should just make a Ghostbusters esque BadMMA house and pool our money to rent it. Then invite a random BadMMA legend to stay there rent free. Eventually we could market this as a reality show.

What say you?

Heel

Book club? We should just make a Ghostbusters esque BadMMA house and pool our money to rent it. Then invite a random BadMMA legend to stay there rent free. Eventually we could market this as a reality show.

What say you?

Did Drew Fickett tell you to post this yes or not

TheNatural

My Member!
Did Drew Fickett tell you to post this yes or not

No, but Dakota Cochran said he's down since you are, Heel.

mjr9tvaid5r.gif

dream

I want to do it butwe really need Boetsch to organize and run our book club because I don't have any idea how the f to do that.

Dwayne

Anyone know if I can watch the OneFC live stream the next day? I don't mind buying it, but the event starts at midnight local time and I don't want to stay up for it.

yacobod

Banned
Im in book limbo. Was gonna read dark tower since I havent yet but it seems a daunting undertaking.

i haven't read the series, but from what i understand it doesn't even pick up til like book 2 or 3, so it might be tough sledding until then, so hard to commit to a long series when the first book or 2 might be crap.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
i haven't read the series, but from what i understand it doesn't even pick up til like book 2 or 3, so it might be tough sledding until then, so hard to commit to a long series when the first book or 2 might be crap.

Darktower series is fantastic. Not having to wait 7 years between each book will be a real treat for the first 5 books.

ShaneB

I started reading ASoIaF, so that will be my reading material for a few months at least. Or maybe I'll need to take a little break between each one... who knows!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Brother heel also gave me a link to a bunch of detective noir novels which ive been meaning to get around to reading. I was semi shocked to see that much of my mma gaf brethren havent read the catcher in the rye. Also yaco I was gonna recommend 'all quiet on the western front' to you in case you havent read it yet.

yacobod

Banned
I was semi shocked to see that much of my mma gaf brethren havent read the catcher in the rye. Also yaco I was gonna recommend 'all quiet on the western front' to you in case you havent read it yet.

read both, and i agree AQotWF is a great book, but for something a little bit different reading on World War I from the german perspective, i heartily recommend Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger,

Off to Atlantic City. Look for me in the crowd tonight. I'll be the doughy Tim Boetsch looking guy with "JUST BLEED" on my head.
I think if I'm ever actually going to make it to a UFC I'll pick an event like this. Cheaper, lower profile, etc. I can't jump from Pro-Elite to a huge Vegas card like Silva/Sonnen; need something intermediary.

I probably asked before, but when you're back can you tell me how to ticket buying experience was?

Sucks that Fedor retired but at least he went out on a string of wins and hes simply not into it anymore. Thats why I really admire guys like Wand and Chuck who were born fighters that never want to retire. You get old and it sucks and Fedor is in his twilight years for MMA standards. When you are 34/5 you should just retire.

Heel

Yeah need to get around to reading Catcher in the Rye pretty soon here Gr1m. I have it on my iPad but haven't gotten around to it yet.

yacobod

Banned
Sucks that Fedor retired but at least he went out on a string of wins and hes simply not into it anymore. Thats why I really admire guys like Wand and Chuck who were born fighters that never want to retire. You get old and it sucks and Fedor is in his twilight years for MMA standards. When you are 34/5 you should just retire.
I thought fighters were just entering their primes at 37-45.

Im still a bit salty that we never got the Brock vs Fedor fight. That would have been something too back in 2008 when they both had dat aura.

Looking back who do you think would have won? Both fighters have kinda went down after this fight was suppose to happen. Brock getting rocked by Carwin and Fedor losing to Werdum . I wonder if Fedor would have went into that fight like a crazed man like Brock did at 100. Would have been such a fun fight for the fans.

On another subject, which fighters to you think have the nastiest stain on their record. Like losing to fighters that they have no business losing to?

I think nothing tops Wand vs Leban. Thats one shit stain if I've ever seen one. Rampage losing to Bader is another one.

Heel

On another subject, which fighters to you think have the nastiest stain on their record. Like losing to fighters that they have no business losing to?

I think nothing tops Wand vs Leban. Thats one shit stain if I've ever seen one. Rampage losing to Bader is another one.

GSP losing to Serra by a mile.

Hoost losing to Bob Sapp...twice.

These two really had no business losing these fights. Wand and Rampage's are a lot more understandable.

ShaneB

Matt Hammil is the real light heavyweight champ. Bones lost to that sucker, staining his otherwise perfect record.

edit: or insert joke about DUI charges staining his record as well.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I thought he just had to braid his hair.
Yes, because a bald guy with the nickname of "Bully" is scared of hair. I kinda liked Maynard before that debacle, but part of me wishes that Guida would give him an atomic wedgie followed by a purple nurple.

How could they have fucked it up even more? Put him in a boxing match with Kimbo Slice?
Roshambo Tournament with Gary Goodridge.

Cro-cop getting his ass handed to him by Gabriel Gonzaga stands out. Especially to a head kick.

ShaneB

I can't get over how early these prelims start.

The idea of watching MMA for 6 hours in a row seems insane to me, with the potential of there being only like 2 hours worth of actual fighting.. if that! I mean I love the sport, but my god man!

Top Bottom