• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Great episode. Making me really interested in what's going to happen next. I guess that after this season is over I will have to read the manga.

Wait, the fire kid is a boy? In the manga I always believed he was a girl.

Time to rewrite my fanfiction.

doesn't it mean your fan fiction just got more interesting?

2c9H0Uo.gif

Tizoc

Catching up and am half way thru Ep. 5.
This show is brilliant
BRILLIANT
The mood swing when Teru starts CHOKING Mob, that is some strong stuff right there. Especially when the VA started shouting manically, fantastic performance

EDIT: OH SHIT
???%

Aikidoka

Really loving this adaptation so far. The art-style is just perfect, and they are doing a great job with Reigan, I think.

Man episode 6 made me feel bad for the delinquent dude.
Not sure how I feel about the brother going the bad route. I was just thinking early on in the episode how it's nice to not have the brother have the "lesser" complex and fall into the "evil nemesis brother" trope. I was also really wanting the green ghost to come back, but not as the brother's minion. I liked him as the lovable, crooked and shady comic relief.

But I guess we'll see how it all goes.

MartyStu

Good table-setting episode.

Definitely saw the stuff with Ritsu coming, but I do not think it was ever supposed to be subtle.

Regiruler

Was the adult esper a hint to a future arc?

On Ritsu, I'm a sucker for that sort of power desire -> attainment progression, and honestly it'd be a bit mean to keep leading him on.

NEO0MJ

Also, I just noticed that they changed the opening a little and made the mysterious hooded figure that freaked out Mob more prominent.

I was also really wanting the green ghost to come back, but not as the brother's minion. I liked him as the lovable, crooked and shady comic relief. [/spoiler]

But I guess we'll see how it all goes.

Don't forget that he only ever followed Mob hoping to find a chance to possess him. If he found an easier target that might have similar potential it's no wonder he switched focus.

dickroach

Also, I just noticed that they changed the opening a little and made the mysterious hooded figure that freaked out Mob more prominent.

(i don't watch the opening) the one who he noticed for like half a second in the park with alien girl? they skipped past that so fast. forgot about that till now.

dickroach

Lol at everyone being pissed at Ritsu I had the same reaction. "man its nice to have a brother who is just a friendly face"

it couldn't just be a whole series where they shoehorn "I'm jealous of him because he's really smart and popular" and "I'm jealous of him because he has psychic powers" into every episode. it had to go somewhere. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I agree that the Body Improvement Club are awesome, usually these guys would have all been assholes and bullied Mob but they're actually just super nice to everyone.

Tunahead

The delinquents are pretty nice too, really. All they want to do is punch other consenting young men in the face while being also punched in the face until a prevailing strength tier consensus is reached. The only reason they involved outsiders was because an esper came and ruined it for everyone. And then the main delinquent apologized because he's the archetypal delinquent with a heart of gold who studies hard and probably has a little sister whose piano recitals he never misses.

Ontoue

Really excellent episode this week. Loved seeing Teru as the experienced psychic on the right path, plus the wig.

FluxWaveZ

Ritsu's dramatic shift in demeanor is a bit abrupt, but I can buy it because of his long-standing complex and the source of his powers (seemingly corruption and guilt). That cliffhanger was really cool, can't wait to see what happens next.

A-V-B

So going from next episode's preview, Mob gives up again because he doesn't want to let his super powers take control? Poor guy. When's he gonna learn to let them out a bit at a time to keep cool? He just can't stop repressing himself...

Chase17

Another great episode. Really enjoyed the percent for the hair joke (and reformed teru in general), body improvement club remains really nice people, and reigen out playing the con artists.

kurahador

Truly the best anime of this year. The escalations in all different angle, Ritsu character arc and now some mysterious hooded person. Shit is great!!

Also, Teruki hair gags and Raigen being a slick never fail to make me laugh.

That preview for the next episode makes it seem like shit will go down.

Seems like Mob
doesn't fight back and meets someone strong enough to break through his regular shield. He might beg for his brother and himself to be left alone, maybe the bro gets kidnapped and that ushers him to finally stop being so against self-defense and use his power to defeat his enemies

Totakeke

How is this show so good even at non-action scenes. Teruki's handshake approach was perfectly done on how such a simple action was super intimidating even before showing any psychic stuff.

NEO0MJ

It was pretty interesting to see how humbled Teruki was after his encounter with Mob. I like that he didn't even bother watching and went straight to Mob.
Raigen's save was awesome, though it was funny to see Mob badmouth his kind(even though Raigen's a more benevolent con artist)
Looks like Dimple might not survive his next exorcism based on how weak he's become now.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Good episode yet again, can't wait for the next one. How many episodes is this season? I'm guessing the next is in a long time so I'll have to start reading the manga when it's done.

Hair levels 120% was hilarious.

it couldn't just be a whole series where they shoehorn "I'm jealous of him because he's really smart and popular" and "I'm jealous of him because he has psychic powers" into every episode. it had to go somewhere. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Same. That needed evolution.

Top Bottom