• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

naw

top of teru's head: 0%

aW711yL.png

fwiw an Ochimusha is the ghost of a warrior who fled the battlefield

One of the times where a translator's note wouldn't have been annoying, lol

Parshias7

The manga likes to add random percentages for things other than Mob every now and then and its never not funny.

There's lots of fun omake-style stuff at the end of manga chapters too, like Mob throwing up in Ritsu's hoodie, or getting profiles like in JoJo's anime for Stands for the Body Improvement Club members.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting, so there's more to Mob's unwillingness to not use psychic powers on other people than Reigen's philosophy.

Teru took the loss better than I would have expected. I thought he would go down enraged and fighting, but he seems to have made some sort of peace with his situation. I know I'd definitely use psychic powers like he did instead of like Mob if I had them.

NEO0MJ

I hope this isn't seriously the end of Dimple. I really liked having him with Mob last episode.
Also, I find it interesting how the first explosion to follow rage was sadness.

I know I'd definitely use psychic powers like he did instead of like Mob if I had them.

Most couldn't resist using such powers to their advantage. I give Teru points for trying to be somewhat discrete when using them.

Chase17

That episode was excellent.

The "Not really" after the memories with Dimple reel and the top of head 0% got big laughs from me.

Mob Psycho 105 Dalmatians

I think this is the episode I can safely say this is a good show. Episodes 1-3 were eh, 4 was a good beginning, and now the narrative and the story I can safely say aren't being entirely carried by the narrative.

Also I'm sorry but did Bones hire the same god damn narrator as Hunter X Hunter? I was waiting for him to say "Meanwhile Gon was running up the stairs. All this took place in 5 minutes"

This episode was something else. The execution was spot on, from the animation, to the music, to the direction in general.

The music has definitely been the biggest surprise for me from this series. When you get action, the music is not a let down. When you finally get down to Mob's deepest, hardest feelings to face up to, the music is not a let down. It's really touching.

Seesaw15

I read all the manga after last weeks episode and sweet jesus can ONE tell a compelling story. Really excited to see all that great stuff animated.

I was hoping this scene would have gotten a bit more time, but it was still great.

I don't think that particular moment could have been given more time without it being dragged out unnecessarily. Something I appreciated about episode 5 is that, for the most part, when action happened, it happened instead of having 10 minutes of verbal analysis for every movement.

I'm curious if while making this manga he thought "you know in a western version of this he would have turned into a superhero and like fought crime by now. But he's so overpowered nobody could bea- I'm writing a new manga now"

Parshias7

I'm curious if while making this manga he thought "you know in a western version of this he would have turned into a superhero and like fought crime by now. But he's so overpowered nobody could bea- I'm writing a new manga now"

One Punch Man predates Mob Psycho 100. They didn't throw it into the anime, but in the manga when the narrator is explaining psychic powers Tatsumaki is shown there as an example. (the two mangas aren't in the same universe, though)

One Punch Man predates Mob Psycho 100. They didn't throw it into the anime, but in the manga when the narrator is explaining psychic powers Tatsumaki is shown there as an example. (the two mangas aren't in the same universe, though)

Huh

I was always told that OPM came as a side project from MP100 as he was taking breaks.

Yonafunu

Do we know the staff for this episode? A lot of the action cuts this episode reminded me of Norio Matsumoto's solo Naruto episode(s) and Tetsuwan Birdy. There might also be some Shingo Yamashita in there, judging by some of those effects. Maybe Keiichiro Watanabe again? It's been a while since I've actually looked for animators like this though, so I might be completely off. It's all clearly digital work, at least.

Hosannainexcelcis, maybe you know?

Do we know the staff for this episode? A lot of the action cuts this episode reminded me of Norio Matsumoto's solo Naruto episode(s) and Tetsuwan Birdy. There might also be some Shingo Yamashita in there, judging by some of those effects. Maybe Keiichiro Watanabe again? It's been a while since I've actually looked for animators like this though, so I might be completely off. It's all clearly digital work, at least.

Hosannainexcelcis, maybe you know?

Yeah, the episode was storyboarded/directed/ADed by Ken'ichi Fujisawa, who made his directing debut earlier this year on Osomatsu-san episode 18. Fujisawa is part of the Naruto/webgen circle of animators, so while Matsumoto and Yamashita themselves aren't here he could bring in others with similar inclinations.

Erigu

fwiw an Ochimusha is the ghost of a warrior who fled the battlefield
Not a ghost (although I'm sure there are stories about ghosts of ochimusha, too): an ochimusha is just someone who was on the losing side of a battle and survived / fled the battlefield.
(Wikipedia sucks, sometimes.)

Maximo

Yep the show is already amazing this episode in particular had me on the edge the whole time. Episode 5 is the one I would recommend anybody to continue watching to get them hooked.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
My wife is from Japan and doesn't like a lot of anime, but she loves this. Makes me happy. The animations are doing the comic justice.

I wonder what arc the show is going to get to. I've already got an assumption from the intro. If that's the case, will this be 2 seasons max? Last I read the webcomic it was near ending. (or at least looked like it was)

My wife is from Japan and doesn't like a lot of anime, but she loves this. Makes me happy. The animations are doing the comic justice.

I wonder what arc the show is going to get to. I've already got an assumption from the intro. If that's the case, will this be 2 seasons max? Last I read the webcomic it was near ending. (or at least looked like it was)

It's 12 episodes for now, though it might get a split cour second season announced at the end of that, as My Hero Academia did.

Yonafunu

Yeah, the episode was storyboarded/directed/ADed by Ken'ichi Fujisawa, who made his directing debut earlier this year on Osomatsu-san episode 18. Fujisawa is part of the Naruto/webgen circle of animators, so while Matsumoto and Yamashita themselves aren't here he could bring in others with similar inclinations.

Thanks, that makes sense. That explains why the episode looked as cohesive as it did, compared to previous ones. I thought it was interesting how this episode completely forgoes the more (seemingly) traditional stylings of previous ones and just goes full digital, aside from literally one cut. This explains why. Good stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow I can't believe they post-carded the reconstructing of the building, what a total waste of potential.

Regiruler

Wow I can't believe they post-carded the reconstructing of the building, what a total waste of potential.

I thought the scene was great as-is, honestly.

So ?? percent and 100 percent are different? He seems to still have a reasonable level of control at 100%, while he's a force of nature when he goes unconscious.

But how has he gotten substantially stronger without practice?

EDIT: Ritsu would have to be my favorite character, I empathize heavily with his struggle.

So ?? percent and 100 percent are different? He seems to still have a reasonable level of control at 100%, while he's a force of nature when he goes unconscious.

But how has he gotten substantially stronger without practice?

EDIT: Ritsu would have to be my favorite character, I empathize heavily with his struggle.

51WcQlD5tDL.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Was hoping for something like this but in reverse.

cc43d5d5709a9f9992ee731e6b86fdf9.gif

That's really how I pictured the scene in my mind when I was reading the manga.

I can't really complain about rebuilding of the school being slideshowed. I figure that would be super intensive on stop of everything else shown in this episode, which looked amazing. This is probably a passion project with a probably average budget a la OPM, but they still have their limits I guess.

Wonderful episode either way. I recently reread the manga and yeah, I was reminded that it was here where I fell in love the series.

Absolutely Rekt. 0% left of that man's soul.

Mob snactched Teru's weave right off his head.

Teru's power dunk was cool though. Good effort.

I love how real this show is at times.

*Edit - 20%* Wrong name used lol.

Top Bottom