• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

Nightbird

This is the Episode that finally got me hooked on Mob.

It was amazing.

I need to know when the full version of the OP will release though.

I'm continually impressed by the quality of this show and the writing. It subverts all my expectations, the totally inclusive body club, the internal struggle mob goes through all the while coupling it with solid humor. This is such a great show, competing with jojo p4 for best anime on right now and if it keeps it up I think it surpasses jojo for me.

Don't know about school but at gym I feel some of the big guys are some of the nicest people around.

My best friends are the ones I've met through working out, it just seems like in most fiction these guys would be total assholes. Here though they see mob genuinely wants to improve his body and they bring him in 100%.

Qvoth

One Punch Man predates Mob Psycho 100. They didn't throw it into the anime, but in the manga when the narrator is explaining psychic powers Tatsumaki is shown there as an example. (the two mangas aren't in the same universe, though)

not true, the manga has some references of OPM, saitama as reigen's cellphone wallpaper on episode 1 for example

anyway THIS EPISODE, HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKKKK SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I've seen enough shounen anime to know Teru will comeback as a friend. Between him, Reigen, and the Body Improvement Club, Mob is building quite an awesome crew

Thanks, that makes sense. That explains why the episode looked as cohesive as it did, compared to previous ones. I thought it was interesting how this episode completely forgoes the more (seemingly) traditional stylings of previous ones and just goes full digital, aside from literally one cut. This explains why. Good stuff.

One correction to my earlier post: animator Akira Hamaguchi has tweeted that an animator worked uncredited on episode 5 whose work is easy to recognize, so it's very likely that Norio Matsumoto worked on the episode after all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This show is becoming better and better holy shit.

Did Teru lose all his power?

Teru lost none of it. Mob just absorbed whatever he was outputting at the time. What Teru really meant was that despite his proficiency for psychic powers, he's no different from an "average person" relative to Mob at ???%

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
That's part of the appeal of One's writing in OPM and MP100 he knows what people expect and he plays with your expectations.

Killing off Dimple (seemingly) is one of those things too. From the past two episodes you'd think he'd stick around at least for a while, as a sort of side-kick or something-- or at least someone Mob can bounce ideas from (so it's not all internal monologue), but nope-- he's killed with no closure at all.

Permanently A

Got my friend into watching it and he says its the best anime he's ever watched. Then he lamented watching Fairy Tale for a hundred something episodes, lol.

Voror

Something I just noticed is that the opening is slowly evolving if you compare it in the first four episodes to the version in episode 5, specifically in the sequence right before the main chorus kicks in.

Before you saw a glimpse of a hooded figure before going to the gas mask person. Now you see the hooded person walking towards the camera before cutting faster to the gas mask and group shot who are also less shadowed than before. I guess it means we're closer to seeing them unveiled in the show itself.

And given the pace we're going that is quite true.

I always like evolving openings or ones where they'll change suddenly like that special version of the second opening of Stardust Crusaders.

Just watched episodes 1 through 5.

Really enjoying it so far. Body Improvement Club is great, Mob is great.

One thing I sorta started doing after episode 3's explanation of why Mob acts so emotionless was fill in. It's weird, but Mob's counter and him specifically having a constant blank face (for the most part) does a good job in cluing the viewer on how Mob feels about everything around him.

And the OP is supposed to represent what's going in Mob's head, right? For most of it, that's how I was interpreting it anyway.

This show is actually giving me a bigger itch to read the manga than OPM ever did. OPM sorta showed you per episode, and you enjoyed the spectacle of it. MP100 seems more character focused (although sometimes Mob reminds me alot of Saitama, except Saitama more openly expresses himself and is self-confident. Might just be the humor though).

Anyways, if ONE has any other properties, I'd like to learn now, to see what will be next year's AOTY (just gonna predict that for this show right now)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Got my friend into watching it and he says its the best anime he's ever watched. Then he lamented watching Fairy Tale for a hundred something episodes, lol.
Give him Ping Pong next.

Subitai

New episode today!
I want to know what he thinks of G.A.T.E. (get to ep. 6) and Log Horizon (get to ep. 8)!

TimmiT

Today's episode was good. Not as special as the other episodes, but it did have some good character development for Ritsu.

Hypron

What I really like about this show is that the animation is very good even outside of big fight scenes. Many an anime would cut down on the animation during dialogues to go all out for the fights, but here it seems very consistent throughout.

Something I just noticed is that the opening is slowly evolving if you compare it in the first four episodes to the version in episode 5, specifically in the sequence right before the main chorus kicks in.

Before you saw a glimpse of a hooded figure before going to the gas mask person. Now you see the hooded person walking towards the camera before cutting faster to the gas mask and group shot who are also less shadowed than before. I guess it means we're closer to seeing them unveiled in the show itself.

I always like evolving openings or ones where they'll change suddenly like that special version of the second opening of Stardust Crusaders.

Yeah I noticed there was something different but couldn't quite place it. Good catch.

And yes the za waruldo version of the SC opening is so good.

Mob Psycho 100 6

After the last two episodes full of visual treats, we needed this episode where not much happened visually I guess. There was the really great shot where the guy's face is being erased/watered down though which actually looked very fucking nice.

Nice to see an episode on Kageyama, found his character interesting so an episode focusing on his insecurities due this brother/his inabilities is great. Looks like next episode we'll continue with that.

Though I'm confused over the Vice-president's comment
I mean it's pretty clear the vice president knows about Mob's powers and apparently how strong he is

This show really got over its initial weak hump of humor episodes to go to arcs, which did wonders.

Hear hear. Only thing I dislike is the female uniforms. I feel they take away from the tone of the series.

It detracts from the show, but I'm not going to hold it against this specific show when it's the norm of the industry to have eye candy ladies.

good character developing episode

setting up some stuff too for the later good stuff

Also
Cpt-PkqVYAEdHwP.jpg

NEO0MJ

Guess we're finally getting to the part the opening teased regarding Ritsu. And Dimpl's back! Though now it seems he'll try to latch on to the younger Kageyama who's probably more open to suggestion and willing to please as we saw when went beyond the call of duty to frame Onigawara.

It detracts from the show, but I'm not going to hold it against this specific show when it's the norm of the industry to have eye candy ladies.

I just find it sad that a show that hits so many notes right messed that up.

It's disappointing, but considering the previous version apparently also had that issue, and the anime industry, it's like a frustration I have more with the industry.

The original 1974 Yamato series had barely any female characters to speak of; Yuki was the only notable one and she would get continually sexually harassed by the robot Analyzer.

Top Bottom