• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

This ep was amazing. Love how Mob handily won that salty runback.

His brother helping the kids develop their powers too is gonna be fun. I feel most of them haven't broken through their plateus just be cause they feel like they can't in their minds.

Pics_nao

Watched the first episode. I don't know if I could get into this. Mob's mentor is such a scumbag, and so unfunny that I don't think I can deal with watching this.

Tuck

Watched the first episode. I don't know if I could get into this. Mob's mentor is such a scumbag, and so unfunny that I don't think I can deal with watching this.

Give it a few more episodes.

I was fairly lukewarm on it at first - I liked it, but I didn't see why it was special.

Now, though. god damn.

Fiend

Heresy, Reigen is one of the best things in this anime. Give it a few eps and it starts rolling.

Am I right that Reigen is the only one who calls him Mob? Why is he mob?

Japanese use "Mob" to describe featureless background characters. Shigeo shows no outward emotion and doesn't stand out at all, so that became his nickname.

ONE likes to make his MCs seemingly-unextraordinary extraordinary characters

kurahador

Keep watching and you'll realize Raigen is one of the best character in the series.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Finally getting to sit down to watch this series and I have to admit I never thought ONE's style would translate so well to an animate adaptation. Then again the animators sure went over the top with a lot of segments compared to the web comic but it works very well, really brings his rough style to life. That and its the characters and events that really make Mob Psycho 100 work so well and of course Reigen is the fucking best haha.

How many episodes is this supposed to go?

HStallion

currently 13 but I'm certain there will be a s2

Well there is certainly enough content for it compared to One Punch Man. I have to say I love how "roughly" they portray the general look of the show only to go totally over the top for the psychic events and fights. Like sometimes characters are barely animated but then things go all out and get far more elaborate and well animated.

fmpanda

Not yet stateside, you can pick up a Japanese iTunes Card and get it that way, but hopefully they'll bring it out soon to the West.

Permanently A

Raigen's best moment when he told Mob he can't see Dimple because he is too weak. LMAO

My favorite one of the anime is when he scams the scammers so nonchalantly, its like he's done it a million times.

His best moments are yet to come though.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Reigen at first either but as I read through the manga he grew on me immensely.
The anime is doing a great job of adapting the source faithfully, so no doubt he'll turn you guys around too.

Tuck

I really like the fact that Reigen is actually super competent at a bunch of other stuff, and is able to help his clients in those ways.

HStallion

I really like the fact that Reigen is actually super competent at a bunch of other stuff, and is able to help his clients in those ways.

One of the side stories from the manga is Reigen and Mob encountering a "haunted" house that is just incredibly disgusting and dirty so they decide to clean it up to "exorcise" the evil spirits inside.

Between Reigen and the Body Improvement Club you can tell Mob will grow up to be a fine young man :)

Haven't seen such great father figures since The Flash!

HStallion

Between Reigen and the Body Improvement Club you can tell Mob will grow up to be a fine young man :)

Haven't seen such great father figures since The Flash!

He is no Ging

a639dd84e65adb4cbb0aa9ec5e214a34.jpg

Now that's a real dad

I know this is probably going into Manga spoiler territory, but I want S2 to have an absolutely body improved Mob just styling on fools.*

*I haven't read the manga, so no clue if this is actually a thing or not.

So I binged through Mob Psycho after hearing enough good things. The nice little brother being revealed as a power-hungry jealous fuccboi was a nice twist but having the rest of the season become some generic "storm the stronghold of the evil order of eclectic badguys" shonen adventure is starting to disappoint me. I rather liked the monster of the week format the early episodes were about. I came for the sick action scenes but stayed for the the touching scenes of a psychic god of a teenager struggling with his adolescence and his inadequacies.

Also, Reigen best character.

HStallion

People who love Reigen are going to absolutetly love a certain character in the second season of One Punch Man, when we get it in like 3 years.

Parshias7

I know this is probably going into Manga spoiler territory, but I want S2 to have an absolutely body improved Mob just styling on fools.*

*I haven't read the manga, so no clue if this is actually a thing or not.

Mob's body absolutely does improve later on.

The club thinks he might be able to work his way up to being average by the end of high school.

Top Bottom