• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

MCD

I didn't like the first two episodes. The art style was weird and I thought Mob is just another Saitama but with psychic powers.

Glad I stuck with it. Episode 4 showed me that Mob isn't as boring or shallow as I thought.

Bones did what they could for the first few episodes. Reading the manga's first few chapter was a bit difficult to stick with for me as well but I'm glad they took some liberties (like rearranging omakes and scenes that wouldn't appear until much later) and integrated them into those episodes. And of course, when the series gets going the Mob staff really shift it into high gear.

How many episodes is this adaptation and how much of the manga have we covered so far?
Sadly, there are just 4 episodes remaining. We don't know if it's going to have a second season, yet. The manga is pretty far from the events unfolding in the anime, so we can only hope.

Current manga chapter pretty far off from where the anime currently is. Not monumental but a lot of shit happens in between.

This is by no means a OPM situation. ;_;

I'd be really fuckin surprised if this doesn't have another season planned from the get go. Its Bones, they absolutely love the split cour.

I think it can go either way at this point. On the one hand, My Hero Academia got a second season announced right when its first season finished airing. It seems like that show had a second season planned from the start.

On the other hand, Blood Blockade Battlefront was one of Bones' most popular shows in years and still hasn't had a second season announced in the 11 months since its first season ended. Granted an OVA did come out 2 months ago.

A-V-B

Sadly, there are just 4 episodes remaining. We don't know if it's going to have a second season, yet. The manga is pretty far from the events unfolding in the anime, so we can only hope.

Considering the opening and ending songs reached #1 and #2 respectively for anime songs on iTunes in Japan, you can bet they're already planning it. BONES is apparently serious series: serious adaptation when it comes to Mob Psycho.

I think it can go either way at this point. On the one hand, My Hero Academia got a second season announced right when its first season finished airing. It seems like that show had a second season planned from the start.

On the other hand, Blood Blockade Battlefront was one of Bones' most popular shows in years and still hasn't had a second season announced in the 11 months since its first season ended. Granted an OVA did come out 2 months ago.

Difference there is that BBB was a production clusterfuck and they probably covered more material then a s2 would provide

Difference there is that BBB was a production clusterfuck and they probably covered more material then a s2 would provide

Is there any place I can read about that? This is the first time I've heard about the show having production issues (unless you mean the finale).

I thought there was enough material for a second season, too.

Aki-at

Just want to say how I'm absolutely loving this show.

It was a close contended between JoJo and this for my anime of the year but Mob Psycho's latest episode has absolutely blown away anything from JoJo this season and that's saying something as this was my favourite season of JoJo too!

I'm worried about a second season too though, but I feel like Mob Psycho probably has enough appeal and fanfare to deserve a second cour. (And OPM fans need something to hold them down until season 2 comes in 2017 2018 the next decade.

Most of BBB was anime original material. The actual manga from what I've seen of it upto volume 3 is pretty loose with it's narrative, it's nothing like Nightow's previous work Trigun. So whilst BBB was popular, it's not like they were sticking close to a serious adaptation of the work or there was much to carry forward into a second season, unlike Mob Psycho which for the most part seems to be adapted pretty faithfully and they're comfortable with sticking to.

Most of BBB was anime original material. The actual manga from what I've seen of it upto volume 3 is pretty loose with it's narrative, it's nothing like Nightow's previous work Trigun. So whilst BBB was popular, it's not like they were sticking close to a serious adaptation of the work or there was much to carry forward into a second season, unlike Mob Psycho which for the most part seems to be adapted pretty faithfully and they're comfortable with sticking to.
I haven't read the manga, but I thought the only changes to the anime were all the scenes involving Black or White and episodes 11-12. Most of the episode titles for 1-10 seem to match the manga's chapter titles. I know the anime skipped a couple of chapters, though.

Aki-at

I haven't read the manga, but I thought the only changes to the anime were all the scenes involving Black or White and episodes 11-12. Most of the episode titles for 1-10 seem to match the manga's chapter titles. I know the anime skipped a couple of chapters, though.

For the most part the series still adapts the manga but the anime exclusive characters of Black, White and the King of Despair still change the overall narrative from a series of loosely connected stories about crazy people doing crazy things to an overarching plot of an impending catastrophe.

Whilst Mob has been adapted without any changes to the plotline as far as I can tell and there will be enough material to carry forward into a season 2. Already from season 1 in BBB Bones were adding in extra stuff (Not that I disliked it, I enjoyed the additional characters) to make up for the original manga.

I know it is another production company, but is OPW getting a second season?

Also does anyone know the song that plays when Mob goes 100% against the kidnapper?

When someone tells me to stop talking about Mob and I say I'd comply,
MUHhm8B.png

Mendrox

I know it is another production company, but is OPW getting a second season?

Also does anyone know the song that plays when Mob goes 100% against the kidnapper?

OPM will get a second season for sure.

in 2025.

There are just not enough drawn manga chapters by Murata :(

Parshias7

OPM will get a second season for sure.

in 2025.

There are just not enough drawn manga chapters by Murata :(

You have to wonder if they might eventually just go for it even if Murata isn't caught up. They already have his character designs, (and can have him do sketches for new characters that appear) and his adaptation is already really close to ONE's version layout-wise, so they could just use the webcomic as a base and drape Murata art over it for a second season.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
You have to wonder if they might eventually just go for it even if Murata isn't caught up. They already have his character designs, (and can have him do sketches for new characters that appear) and his adaptation is already really close to ONE's version layout-wise, so they could just use the webcomic as a base and drape Murata art over it for a second season.
Yeah but since it diverged from the ONE stuff a bit they'll have to either discard the extra stuff or reconnect it, creating a weird chimera of both works.

fmpanda

Well, maybe we'll get lucky and have an iTunes release drop for the West soon, OPM's OP did get released stateside after all.

Tizoc

BTW The OP was put up for purchase/sale right? Anyone know where to get the Album digitally from?

Chase17

Another great episode. I almost thought Mob was going to suggest Reigan as someone to work with when Teru asked him.

I'm appreciative of Ritsu asking for a recap of those kids again.

The "Dimple is dangerous" line, and cut of Teru interrogating the scar instead of vice versa were funny.

Mob Psycho 109 Dalmatians

LMAO the difference between Mob being caught startled by someone strong and trying to hold back, and his 'no holding back' attitude is fucking night and day. What a man what a man what a man.

Can't wait for him to fuck up the rest of them. Even if it means getitng into ??? territory.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned the show is two cours.

People assume it is but nothing has been announced, it'd be silly not to do it though considering they apparently have enough material and this is easily going to be the next big anime in the West since... well since One Punch Man.

Qurupeke

People assume it is but nothing has been announced, it'd be silly not to do it though considering they apparently have enough material and this is easily going to be the next big anime in the West since... well since One Punch Man.

Haha. The show certainly has gotten a bit more popular lately, but it's still nowhere close to One Punch Man. It's not even one of the season's most popular shows, unfortunately.

sohois

Haha. The show certainly has gotten a bit more popular lately, but it's still nowhere close to One Punch Man. It's not even one of the season's most popular shows, unfortunately.

Just look at the difference in OT size. OPM is ten times as large

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I watched the episode and it was great and this post serves no purpose other than to show people that love this show that THEY ARE NOT ALONE.

Tuck

OPM has instant appeal for a bunch of reasons. The MC is really dopey looking, the "one punch" concept is a fun, funny idea, and it was able to ride on the super hero craze.

Thats before we even talk about the animation.

Mob is fantastic, but the appeal is less immediately noticed. Even I for the first few episodes thought it was pretty standard stuff.

A-V-B

OPM has instant appeal for a bunch of reasons. The MC is really dopey looking, the "one punch" concept is a fun, funny idea, and it was able to ride on the super hero craze.

Thats before we even talk about the animation.

Mob is fantastic, but the appeal is less immediately noticed. Even I for the first few episodes thought it was pretty standard stuff.

I tried to introduce some folks to the show (and they loved OPM) but the first three episodes basically pushed them away, and they've showed no further interest. If the season has any flaw, it's that too much time was spent on one-shots before the story got involving.

Top Bottom