• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

What are you guys using for pictures? Is there a picture tool in the Mod section that I'm not aware of? Anyway, here are my blurry pics of my "Old Snake" and "Mega Man:"

2nvf24h.jpg

I'm not happy at all with Snake's clothes right now but it's all I really have unlocked at this point.

15n3ex2.jpg

2q9x4kx.jpg

I also tried making a "Rush Kart" for Mega Man.

2u44jes.jpg

30ud1kp.jpg

I'm not sure that I like the pink though...might make it straight up white and red. I'm sure there's a better helmet to unlock later on that would work better for Mega Man but I felt like making him now, heh. I think next I might try to make Protoman and/or Turbo Man or something. Also can't wait to make a track. :D

Has anyone heard if any third parties are cursing the copy infringement thats going on? I really love what people are doing, but is Sony obligated to remove copy infringement?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Alright, I just finished my "learn" track. I think it turned out pretty good, if anyone wants to check it out look up "SinXCerity" or "Sandwyrm's Lair" (I made a bubble on the map to look like the Sandwyrm)

There is one key shortcut in the entire race, if you find it WAY TO GO! (HINT: Weapon & Boost Pad or Shortcut, BUT the Shortcut is guaranteed to win you the race if you are in the final lap)

Feel free to rip it apart, I'd like to be able to improve upon this with my later creations! (Also note: Holy shit motion sickness when you have tunnels! Track creation & tunnels = camera jumps EVERYWHERE!)

Hypereides

Gold Member
Guardian Bob said:
Has anyone heard if any third parties are cursing the copy infringement thats going on? I really love what people are doing, but is Sony obligated to remove copy infringement?

Well alot of people have done similiar stuff on LBP already, so I dont think it matters.

Hypereides

Gold Member
This play, create share stuff is really hooking me lately. LBP has taken a hold of my mind.

I think Im gonna take a dip in this :D

Guys which Mega Man helmet design do you like better? The first one I did has the middle segment contouring to the natural helmet shape, whereas the second one is more true to his true helmet but it ignores the Mod's helmet design:

15n3ex2.jpg

2hroghg.jpg

Hypereides

Gold Member
MisterAnderson said:
Guys which Mega Man helmet design do you like better? The first one I did has the middle segment contouring to the natural helmet shape, whereas the second one is more true to his true helmet but it ignores the Mod's helmet design:

2hroghg.jpg

The one with the smaller and slimmer stripes is better. It looks way more proportionate.

Meohsix

MisterAnderson said:
What are you guys using for pictures? Is there a picture tool in the Mod section that I'm not aware of?

go to select mod, then you can press start to enter photo mode.

CzarTim

Got this game today. Amazing mods already, I see. However, unless you get in a 12 player online game, it's lacking. Especially with the load times.

CzarTim

Two quick Qs:

- Will player made maps be added to the XP race rotation? Otherwise I don't see a point unless you play a lot with friends.

- Does it normally take long to find players for a race? Sometimes I jump right in to a full race, other times it takes a good 5 to ten minutes.

Tiktaalik

czartim said:
Two quick Qs:

- Will player made maps be added to the XP race rotation? Otherwise I don't see a point unless you play a lot with friends.

- Does it normally take long to find players for a race? Sometimes I jump right in to a full race, other times it takes a good 5 to ten minutes.

I think it's the intention that really good player maps eventually get added to the XP races. The UFG dev that was on the recent Kotaku podcast mentioned this.

So regarding the tokens that you find (5 in each level) and the lottery...is there any reason for me to hang on to these or should I just spend them as soon as I get them? Is it possible to somehow gimp myself into not getting all of the items or something unless I save the tokens? Just making sure because I don't want to find out after spending a ton of tokens that I shouldn't be using them or something.

Played the game for about 7 hours total acording to the ingame stats and really enjoy it. Played a xp series and everyone dissapeared after the 2nd race so I got 1st for the last 3 races :lol they have problems to fix.

Story mode is funny. Like the way you unlock stuff.

Also got the psp version today ($30 could not resist) and its cool so far. Except for the drifting problem.

Here are my creations so far if anyone want to check them out: http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/Indifferent/creations

I got a couple of random things i created in the demo and two prety cool tracks I think. Made my first real character the "Gray Alien" today...kinda suck at all create type games but I think I did pretty good.

Nothing created on psp so far. Just started it.

Oh and everyone else's creations are cool. Really like the Nintendo stuff especially Toon Link Mod. My favorite mod at the moment is the dl Sackboy tho.

Also I was playing with my Gray and it gave me create xp :lol

RagnarokX

MisterAnderson said:
So regarding the tokens that you find (5 in each level) and the lottery...is there any reason for me to hang on to these or should I just spend them as soon as I get them? Is it possible to somehow gimp myself into not getting all of the items or something unless I save the tokens? Just making sure because I don't want to find out after spending a ton of tokens that I shouldn't be using them or something.
I worried about that too, but no. There are exactly enough tokens for all of the items. Hoarding them depends on what you want to buy with them. 1x gives you brushes, wheels, steering wheels, etc. 2x gives you engines. 5x gives you kart bodies.

CoLaN

Well, there are 10 millions of Mario but as a first try with the editor i had to do it (without the hat - tried to copy from mario galaxy 2, oh the originality)

Download it if you like: it's like at the last page if you search by keyword mario (made by CoLaN86)

mario1l8iy.jpg

So Spider-man has been sitting in the top 3 mods for a while now, but I'm pretty unimpressed with his quality. I made my own during the beta which I personally think is much better. No one seems to have gotten the eyes down. I may have made the blue parts of his suit a little too shiny, but they're supposed to be shinier than the red parts. Ah well. If you wanna download it, my PSN name is autobzooty. Look for it under that.

YN3P5.jpg

tpLGK.jpg

And by the way, I didn't make this kart, but it was too fucking perfect for me to pass up. It's called The Webslinger, if any of you wanna go grab it. Best Spider-kart by far.

sWABr.jpg

9SXmH.jpg

Htmku.jpg

5rhh2.jpg

Looks like someone beat me to the punch on Old Snake based on that pic of Spidey drifting :lol You can get cigarettes in their mouths?

And yeah your spidey looks way better than the popular one.

rc213

I don't understand why after finishing a race online they don't put you in a lobby with the same group of people.

Put a Ready button next to the Veto Button, No reason to make people wait 60 secs when everyone could just click yes and start the race 45secs sooner.

expy

Banned
Nymerio said:
Any advice on how to go about finishing the devestator challenges? These seem more like luck to me :/
Uhhh, try driving in a pack of people, then activate all that you can while the pack crosses that area... It's mostly luck =\

lsslave

Jew Gamer
expy said:
I'll give it a try, what's it called?

Sandwyrm's Lair. It was my "learn the creator" track and I want feedback before I get harder into it :)

(Named after Beetlejuice's sandworms, I made a path in the sand that could be made by such a creature to have fun with it and play around, you might not see it except in "preview" but I figured if I don't have fun with it why bother haha)

patsu

Coming in to recommend this game. All the editors and the racing are very well done. The loading is long but not too bad. My son and I messed with the game for the whole evening. We love it !

lsslave said:
Anyone checked out my track yet? Want feedback before I try making more serious challenges :D
I tried it. I don't know where the shortcut is. It's better than a lot of the tracks our there. The only thing I didn't like is that one of the turbo strips lead me right into a wall. I could probably avoid it though.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
johnny_park said:
I tried it. I don't know where the shortcut is. It's better than a lot of the tracks our there. The only thing I didn't like is that one of the turbo strips lead me right into a wall. I could probably avoid it though.

Its right near the end, the last turn you can cut through and jump right to the finish line.

As for the turbos, some are meant to be "drifted" over, if you are referring to the one during the last turn.

I had a question (for future tracks) since you tried it: Does the staggered item pickups (I did it twice in the tunnels) work better? #1 someone who is really talented can get them all and #2 it really makes it a trial to get them instead of just running through a group of them.

Glad that it stands up in the higher ratings, I have quite a few ideas I want to work on and good to know I'm on the right track :)

If I am right about the one boost panel try drifting over it, if it is a different one let me know which one it is and I will fix it :D

lsslave said:
Its right near the end, the last turn you can cut through and jump right to the finish line.

As for the turbos, some are meant to be "drifted" over, if you are referring to the one during the last turn.

I had a question (for future tracks) since you tried it: Does the staggered item pickups (I did it twice in the tunnels) work better? #1 someone who is really talented can get them all and #2 it really makes it a trial to get them instead of just running through a group of them.

Glad that it stands up in the higher ratings, I have quite a few ideas I want to work on and good to know I'm on the right track :)

If I am right about the one boost panel try drifting over it, if it is a different one let me know which one it is and I will fix it :D
The turbo strip I'm talking about is the one when you exit one of the tunnels. I liked the way the items were scattered. It makes it more of a challenge.

I hosted a casual race session and used your track for a race. I should of asked what they thought of it.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
johnny_park said:
The turbo strip I'm talking about is the one when you exit one of the tunnels. I liked the way the items were scattered. It makes it more of a challenge.

I hosted a casual race session and used your track for a race. I should of asked what they thought of it.

Hmm, I will get my ass in gear and fix it first thing in the morning. It will be republished by noon my time (10 hours from now) if you want to redownload it. In the meantime anyone else who tries it list any other fixes you see and I will be sure to have it all done in time for the republish tomorrow! :D

(And since its enjoyed all further tracks of mine will have a combination of "standard" and "scattered" items, the harder ones probably focus on scattered though!)

okno

Just got the psp version and i'm enjoying it a lot more than the reviews had made me think I would. The drifting issue, however, is horrible and extremely frustrating. So far, I haven't really needed to use the drift, but it's there for a reason! It really makes me regret selling my ps3, as that version looks to be a lot better.

MisterAnderson said:
What are you guys using for pictures? Is there a picture tool in the Mod section that I'm not aware of? Anyway, here are my blurry pics of my "Old Snake" and "Mega Man:"

2nvf24h.jpg

I'm not happy at all with Snake's clothes right now but it's all I really have unlocked at this point.

Definitely the best Old Snake I've seen yet. Yours is the only one I've seen that actually looks old instead of just a guy with a mustache. Post again once you finish his outfit!

Also, you can take screenshots in game by pausing and going to the Extras menu, and you can do it in the creation station by going to "select a mod" and then pressing (i think) select to go into photo mode. You can do the same thing on karts. Then just pop your images on a USB stick and move em to your computer.

Dreavus

I played this a bit at a friend's house today, and it was pretty fun even with just the 4 of us. We jumped into track making for a little while and it seems like you'd have to spend quite a bit of time tweaking the map to make a good track (which isn't a bad thing). Making a semi-random road and throwing auto populate on just doesn't cut it, as we found out. :lol

I'm considering the game if only for all of the customization (although I guess that's what everyone gets the game for, heheh.) -- The mods in this very thread are all super awesome. The load times were pretty offensive though; it was giving me flashbacks of pre-patch Bayonetta. o_o

vellex

Neo Member
Here's my two best tracks:

http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/Arthox/creations/341136

Recreation of Luigi Circuit from double dash as close as I could make it, all the others out there aren't very good at all. Replaced the mario kart chain chomp with a giant sheep that jumps up and down on a barrel launcher.

http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/Arthox/creations/118797

Pretty fun track that's on the fifth page of most downloaded tracks at the moment. It's raking me in quite a bit of experience so it must be doing something right.

r1chard

Played the demo over the weekend. I messed around in it with my daughter playing split-screen and making tracks to hoon around on. She's only 6 and not very good at it (though getting better) so I could make some much simpler tracks for her which was good. We must've made about a couple of dozen tracks at least. But all in the demo...

I'm not sure what I'll get out of the full game since I don't play online.

vellex said:
Pretty fun track that's on the fifth page of most downloaded tracks at the moment. It's raking me in quite a bit of experience so it must be doing something right.

Anything with Mario in the description or title gets 1K free downloads from nintendo fanboys, no matter how good/crap it is.

Anything with Mario in the description or title gets 1K free downloads from nintendo fanboys, no matter how good/crap it is.
I think he is talking about his second track - Crab Bay. I downloaded it yesterday - there is fire in the photo! How can you go wrong?

We need to start listing tracks that we have tried that are impressive. There is so much stuff out there, and as noted above, certain tracks get lots of downloads for no real reason. It would be nice to see a list of NeoGAF recommended tracks.

~ Zyzomys ~ said:
I think he is talking about his second track - Crab Bay. I downloaded it yesterday - there is fire in the photo! How can you go wrong?

We need to start listing tracks that we have tried that are impressive. There is so much stuff out there, and as noted above, certain tracks get lots of downloads for no real reason. It would be nice to see a list of NeoGAF recommended tracks.

Allow me to recommend myself, it is a shame I had to take it down/republish it to fix a stupid bug the game had with it (yeah was not my fault, stupid buggy game), hence the reset stats.

http://community.modnation.com/en-us/creations/338964

Nyx

Justin Dailey said:
Took some pics using the in game tool. How are you guys uploading them from the game to GAF?

Put the pics on a USB stick and upload them with your PC.

Top Bottom