• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MONACO |OT| What's yours is Mine, Garret

Salsa

iL638aVUVNLgC.png

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine is an upcoming downloadable stealth action video game developed
by Pocketwatch Games and published by Majesco Entertainment. The game provides a top-down
view as players cooperate to perform a heist using a variety of specialized thief characters.

Monaco won two awards at the 2010 GDC Independent Games Festival Awards: the Seumas McNally
Grand Prize and the Excellence In Design award.​

Your Crew:

• The Locksmith: Blue-collar infiltration expert
  • The Lookout: She can see and hear everything... a natural leader
  • The Pickpocket: A hobo with a monkey and a penchant for crime
  • The Cleaner: A silent psychopath... John Wayne Gacy in pink
  • The Mole: Big and dumb... likes to tunnel
  • The Gentleman: He doesn't always wear a disguise, but when he does, he looks fantastic
  • The Hacker: Armies of viruses shut down security... a modern day warlock
  • The Redhead: Manipulative and murderous... a lady always gets what she wants

Platforms: PC/XBLA - $15

Release Date: April 24, 2013

Where to buy (PC):

• Official Site = Steam key + Free copy of the Prototype (Monte-Carlo) + 2 tracks from OST
  • Steam

10% discount on pre-orders. 4-pack available.​

Jb

Finally! Awesome that it's coming out in such an empty week, hopefully it'll get a lot of exposure that way.
One thing that already distracting me though watching the videos is the voice acting of the guards in french is ter-ri-ble. I wish I could switch it to english :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Already prepurchased! Bring it on! Its been AGES.

Wok

Finally! Awesome that it's coming out in such an empty week, hopefully it'll get a lot of exposure that way.
One thing that already distracting me though watching the videos is the voice acting of the guards in french is ter-ri-ble. I wish I could switch it to english :/

I like it. The accent is truly the one of a French guy.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is there any hope remaining that Valve lets them do the pre-order items?

IIRC they had too many errors on the models and it just couldn't get taken care of by now. I think they wanted to have it settled by the time the launch trailer and steam preorder went up (today) so if they aren't there now, I doubt they'll be there in a week.

Also, the guards speaking in goofy french is intentional. The game is very lighthearted and lampoon-y.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I cant believe it's actually, finally coming out. It feels like a decade.

5 years actually. There werent many other popular Indie games that top that.

1-D_FTW

IIRC they had too many errors on the models and it just couldn't get taken care of by now. I think they wanted to have it settled by the time the launch trailer and steam preorder went up (today) so if they aren't there now, I doubt they'll be there in a week.

That's too bad:(

clockpunk

Been looking forward to this for such a long time. Was overjoyed when it was announced for XBLA as well - simultaneous release too, no less.

Points are ready and waiting for next wednesday.

Although it does painfully remind me of Intorversion's cancelled Subversion... :-/

Salsa

5 years actually. There werent many other popular Indie games that top that.

prototypes winning the IGF are a weird thing. I think that while it obviously benefits developers, it still creates this pressure of your game getting a shit ton of coverage while you're not even half done with the development. Happened with FEZ as well.

Pre-ordered. Now I'm eagerly waiting for next week!

And I also hope that Valve will let them have pre-orders items for TF2, because I like to sell stuff on the market.

Salsa

remember that if you get it from the official site you get those extras for the same amount of money and 100% of it goes to the devs. It's a much better deal now that the TF2 items are kinda out of the question.

Saw the guy behind this do a panel with Nels from Mark of the Ninja at PAX East 2012. Interesting guy and a super interesting game. Should be a blast!

iavi

This game just seems to do MP right. I haven't even played it, but from all I've seen, it almost seems as if it captures the frantic four on a couch energy earlier Mario Party's used to have.

Cannot wait at all.

Cool OP I like the simplicity.

Hard to imagine it living up to the hype after such a long wait, but I'm quite excited to try it out. Seems to be doing fairly well in the charts too.
Been looking forward to this for such a long time. Was overjoyed when it was announced for XBLA as well - simultaneous release too, no less.

Points are ready and waiting for next wednesday.

Although it does painfully remind me of Intorversion's cancelled Subversion... :-/
From what I gather the PC version has been more or less done for a while and it got held back for a 360 version.
remember that if you get it from the official site you get those extras for the same amount of money and 100% of it goes to the devs. It's a much better deal now that the TF2 items are kinda out of the question.
10% goes to Humble payments for processing afaik. But it's a slightly better cut. The TF2 items looked kinda crappy imo. No offense to whoever made them.

1-D_FTW

Cool OP I like the simplicity.

Hard to imagine it living up to the hype after such a long wait, but I'm quite excited to try it out. Seems to be doing fairly well in the charts too.

From what I gather the PC version has been more or less done for a while and it got held back for a 360 version.

10% goes to Humble payments for processing afaik. But it's a slightly better cut. The TF2 items looked kinda crappy imo. No offense to whoever made them.

Not sure how many people really wanted it for that reason;) They probably would have fetched a decent price on Marketplace.

Heard about this for the first time half a year ago and have been excited ever since! Looks like a multiplayer game that I could sink hours into with the right group.

I think the gameplay looks like a ton of fun. I don't like the art style however. Every video of it I've viewed, I can't tell what is happening whatsoever. I think it is the overuse of blocky pixels. Perhaps it is just my mind, but I can't parse the intent behind most of the character graphics when they look this way.

Corto

I think the gameplay looks like a ton of fun. I don't like the art style however. Every video of it I've viewed, I can't tell what is happening whatsoever. I think it is the overuse of blocky pixels. Perhaps it is just my mind, but I can't parse the intent behind most of the character graphics when they look this way.

Try it nonetheless if there is a demo. I had the exact same problem watching videos of Hotline Miami but when I played it myself it was a completely different experience.

feel

Did they change the art-style? It looks cool but I couldn't figure out what was going on in any of the scenes from the trailer. I remember watching an old video (years ago?) where everything felt more clear.

Wok

Is the transcript available? I am struggling to get some words.

Monte Carlo
This city
is my prison
And YOU
are going to help me escape

Listen closely
This will be
a four-man operation
And we are going to need recruits

First
bring me a locksmith
A man whose fingers move in his sleep,
He doesn't need brains, nah,
Just a particular set of talents

Have you seen this beggar
with the monkey?
This man shall be our pickpocket

We also need a woman
The lookout
Someone trained from youth
to see danger
around every corner

And lastly
a man who can not control his violent urges
Bring me a man familiar with chloroform

I don't expect loyalty, non
I expect criminals
Find them
Bring them here
I need to introduce them
To the family

Bring me my thieves, mon ami
Spare no expense
What's Mine Is Yours
And Monaco
is mine

Salsa

Did they change the art-style? It looks cool but I couldn't figure out what was going on in any of the scenes from the trailer. I remember watching an old video (years ago?) where everything felt more clear.

I think it's hard to convey in the trailers cause they show some advanced scenes, but I doubt the game is gonna have that issue once you get used to it

Wok

Game: Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
Price: $10.13 / 7.99€

NeoGAF

Payment with Paypal in USD or EUR.
All my games are Steam keys from the Humble Store.

Any additional fee should be paid by the buyer.
The price listed here is the price I have paid per copy, so I am not making any profit out of this trade.

I still have one copy from my 4-pack, if anyone wants in.

Top Bottom