• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MONACO |OT| What's yours is Mine, Garret

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Under embargo until the 24th, so I can't say anything more until then.
Embargo up after launch. :-/

I have some sort of weird hype for this game. I truly cant tell what the hell is going on in the trailer though? Is there any single player video somewhere that can shed some light. It is really hard to know what is going on in the 4 player video.

1-D_FTW

Embargo up after launch. :-/

I have some sort of weird hype for this game. I truly cant tell what the hell is going on in the trailer though? Is there any single player video somewhere that can shed some light. It is really hard to know what is going on in the 4 player video.

There have been walkthroughs on youtube.

It's impossible to know what's going on if you just throw yourself into footage.

ArjanN

Is the transcript available? I am struggling to get some words.
Listen closely
This will be
a four-man operation
(And we are going to lead eurkrauts)

First
bring me a locksmith
A man whose fingers move (venessely)
He doesn't need (brands), nah,
Just a particular set of talents

And we are going to need recruits

He doesn't need brains, nah,

krpiper

Is the game random at all? Or if it isnt random, is there "skirmish" or instant action modes for single player or multi? Or is it just purely campaign

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
IGN are going to give it a 9.0

tpmrcUW.jpg

Looking good, hopefully that score will be repeated across the board. Very much looking forward to this one. If the only con is unfair difficulty then I can live with that, for me that might even be a pro.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
???

Difficulty itself is not a con, if it is "unfair" then yes it definitely is.
Sometimes unfairly difficult games are funny, but you'd eventually lose your sanity unless the checkpoints were generous.

But the question is whether it's actually unfairly difficult or just mildly punishing. I'm thinking it's the latter.

Monaco delayed on Xbox Live, going to miss its release: http://www.savingcontent.com/2013/04/monaco-delayed-for-xbox-live/
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WILL NOT AFFECT OUR STEAM LAUNCH DATE
\o/

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Sometimes unfairly difficult games are funny, but you'd eventually lose your sanity unless the checkpoints were generous.

But the question is whether it's actually unfairly difficult or just mildly punishing. I'm thinking it's the latter.

\o/

In single player, you get 4 "lives" where you switch to another available crew member when one dies. In multiplayer, you can easily revive friends off the floor by standing over them a few seconds. There's rarely anything unfair about any situation and you have plenty of ways out to try again with minimal damage.

Any difference between the pc version and the 360 version?

Also, pretty pissed about the 360 delay. My friend is staying with me this week and I was hoping to do some local co-op while he was here... How long should we expect till it is released on that platform?

xJavonta

Banned

Also, pretty pissed about the 360 delay. My friend is staying with me this week and I was hoping to do some local co-op while he was here... How long should we expect till it is released on that platform?

Just use 360 controllers on PC

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Worst case scenario, Monaco is going to have to apply for another slot and get back on the queue. Could be months before it gets onto XBLA, and it would just be dumped on the platform with no fanfare whatsoever because all the media coverage was scheduled around the 24th. Hope he has enough street cred to avoid that fate.

On a lighter note, courtesy of the Monaco twitter feed:

BIk9J9gCAAA2OrA_zpsd04aca65.png

Microsoft cert is a black box. Could be weeks. Hopefully it's days, especially given Andy allegedly passed cert already. Hopefully it's an issue on Microsoft's end.

Nabs

I don't get Microsoft cert at all. So I'm guessing this will eat up their first free update?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
According to Andy the problem was identified and a fix was sent microsoft's way but yeah god only knows how long that's going to end up delaying them.

It's gonna eat me alive knowing that I could buy this on pc, but that the more convenient route (for my circumstances) is sitting in limbo at this point.

clockpunk

Hoody hoo, just won an XBLA copy 30 minutes ago. Redeemed the code, so hopefully have a prerelease copy to play tonight and be able to post a few thoughts.

Between that, Poker Night 2, and it being new comic book day, todays productivity has just flatlined. :p

Qvoth

still thinking whether i should get this or not...
how's the replayability in this game?
just keep doing the same levels over and over? i'm assuming there's a certain amount of levels and that's it?
hoping to play something that lasts me for a while so if it's just something like a 20 stages game, even with online co-op don't think i'll be getting it...

Rahk

I've been on the fence, but decided to just go for it and bought a 4 pack before the sales ends. Hopefully some friends want it.

Hoody hoo, just won an XBLA copy 30 minutes ago. Redeemed the code, so hopefully have a prerelease copy to play tonight and be able to post a few thoughts.

Between that, Poker Night 2, and it being new comic book day, todays productivity has just flatlined. :p
Wuh wuh? Will you be able to get it now that it's not coming out on XBLA this week?

clockpunk

Wuh wuh? Will you be able to get it now that it's not coming out on XBLA this week?

Currently at work, but I entered the code via xbox.com, and it came up with the usual 'will download when the console is next connected' spiel, so... here's hoping! ^_^ I'm assuming it'll be the unpatched version that has been pulled (and probably the equivalent of a review copy), so might encounter that error, but still... so very excited.

Top Bottom