• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

tenchir

Failed the agnaktor event quest, but I got a Dragon Talismon +7 evasion with 2 slot. According to mhwiki, it's a 1% drop from timeworn charm. :)

Tenbatsu

tenchir said:
Failed the agnaktor event quest, but I got a Dragon Talismon +7 evasion with 2 slot. According to mhwiki, it's a 1% drop from timeworn charm. :)
Congrats! That is even rarer than all the rubies or monster drops out there!:D With that charm, a lot of evasion armor skills combination is now possible.

Luigiv

Tenbatsu said:
Congrats! That is even rarer than all the rubies or monster drops out there!:D With that charm, a lot of evasion armor skills combination is now possible.
Wow I've just realised exactly how lucky I was to get a Transporter + 10 from a mystery charm I mined during a powderstone quest. Apparently the chance of getting that specific talisman was at 1/27th of a percent. The fact I got it during that specific quest makes it a really incredible feat of luck o_O.

Tenbatsu

Luigiv said:
Wow I've just realised exactly how lucky I was to get a Transporter + 10 from a mystery charm I mined during a powderstone quest. Apparently the chance of getting that specific talisman was at 1/27th of a percent. The fact I got it during that specific quest makes it a really incredible feat of luck o_O.
I got 2 of that :p What tenchir had is super rare, no monster drops can beat that.

tenchir

Tenbatsu said:

Yeah, I basically made my Longsword set with that talisman. Almost all Selene+ gear with Vangis Greaves. Using Evade, Hearing, and Handicraft decos I got the Sharpness+1, Evade+2, and HG Earplugs skills.

Kyoufu

evade +2 and hg earplugs is a waste.

why bother with earplugs when evade+2 (overkill) lets you roll your fat ass through roars with your eyes closed?

tenchir

Kyoufu said:
evade +2 and hg earplugs is a waste.

why bother with earplugs when evade+2 (overkill) lets you roll your fat ass through roars with your eyes closed?

Cause you dont have time to roll through it everytime? Attack animations do take a while to complete. Or how about I can't predict when he is going to roar? Most of the time, I will be on the monster's ass, so I wont see the signs when it is going to do it.

This set is for LS and Hammer, because I dont have block to rely on to avoid damages.

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - JX11HZ - Magnus (tomegatherion77)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Tenbatsu

tenchir said:
Cause you dont have time to roll through it everytime? Attack animations do take a while to complete. Or how about I can't predict when he is going to roar? Most of the time, I will be on the monster's ass, so I wont see the signs when it is going to do it.

This set is for LS and Hammer, because I dont have block to rely on to avoid damages.
I would recommend 'Focus' to replace HG Earplug since you are using LS and hammer.

Nicktals

Banned
I'll be on tonight looking to fight uragaan off and on. Still need a ruby, and a few more carapace.

Uragaan, and Alatreon just do not want to give up their rare drops to me. Oh well, maybe tonight. I kind of like fighting both of them, in moderation. I really just hate going for specials wounds on Ala.

apujanata

I am going on line now. Hope to see one of you there, even though I am still only HR 15.

NA - YPV799 - Agung P (apujanata)

oracrest

OK, for the most part, I have only helped other people online, but I am really getting sick of looking at my half-assed armor combination.

Will anybody be down for some Rathian or Agnaktor hunts tonight? (in about 7 or 8 hours I guess)

botticus

oracrest said:
OK, for the most part, I have only helped other people online, but I am really getting sick of looking at my half-assed armor combination.

Will anybody be down for some Rathian or Agnaktor hunts tonight? (in about 7 or 8 hours I guess)
I imagine I will be.

Palmer_v1

First time posting in here. I've beaten all of the single player and am up to 5* Urgent online.

Why does it feel like Alatreon makes everyone go retarded? I've tried this urgent several times with randoms and it never fails that some dipshit runs out of pots, meat, or cool drinks. They also seem to spend an inordinate amount of time running in circles like cowards, rather than getting in a few hits and rolling out. Especially when he's in the air. His ice attacks in particular leave his tail and claws in reach of melee, but I am usually the only one that tries. Everyone else is just evading while they wait for him to land again.

Also, I hate longsword users that aren't using Para.

Edit: Forgot to ask if there are any people around HR50 that use XBL for communication. I tried Wii Speak, but it was terrible.

oracrest

Palmer_v1 said:
First time posting in here. I've beaten all of the single player and am up to 5* Urgent online.

Why does it feel like Alatreon makes everyone go retarded? I've tried this urgent several times with randoms and it never fails that some dipshit runs out of pots, meat, or cool drinks. They also seem to spend an inordinate amount of time running in circles like cowards, rather than getting in a few hits and rolling out. Especially when he's in the air. His ice attacks in particular leave his tail and claws in reach of melee, but I am usually the only one that tries. Everyone else is just evading while they wait for him to land again.

Also, I hate longsword users that aren't using Para.

Is your character name "Egora"?

Palmer_v1

oracrest said:
Is your character name "Egora"?

No, it's Zoey actually. My wife was kind enough to assist me in making my initial toon. >.>

AFAIK, I haven't played with any GAF members yet. I was always in the Noob server before hr 31, and now I usually jump in the expert server when I get on.

If anyone is around my HR and uses XBL, send me a PM with your Live tag.

Edit: Is there any way to tell what items can be given to other players? I feel like I'm missing something basic here, but haven't figured it out.

Nicktals

Banned
Palmer_v1 said:
Edit: Is there any way to tell what items can be given to other players? I feel like I'm missing something basic here, but haven't figured it out.

It's based on the rarity number. Don't remember what the cut off is, but it would take 2 minutes to figure it out.

EDIT: Also I'm heading online right now! Hoping to do a couple Uragaan hunts, but I'm certainly willing to mix it up so that I don't get sick of it. I'll be in the normal spot, with a High Uragaan room open!

oracrest

Palmer_v1 said:
No, it's Zoey actually.

OK. I fought Alatreon for the first time last night with whoever Egora is, and he was one of the biggest dicks I have played with online, especially on GAF servers. I had a quest posted, and he comes into the room, doesn't want to join, and just posts his own mission, and sets out on it. WTF? Start your own room, dude. Then he wouldn't stop giving me shit, saying "your gonna get wreqd! just sayin, lol"

Palmer_v1

Nicktals said:
It's based on the rarity number. Don't remember what the cut off is, but it would take 2 minutes to figure it out.

Kyoufu said:
Can only give items that are Rare 3 or lower to other players.

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering cause a friend of mine is behind in HR, and I'd like to give him some stuff to make things easier for him. I'll have to pay more attention to the rarities.

oracrest said:
OK. I fought Alatreon for the first time last night with whoever Egora is, and he was one of the biggest dicks I have played with online, especially on GAF servers. I had a quest posted, and he comes into the room, doesn't want to join, and just posts his own mission, and sets out on it. WTF? Start your own room, dude. Then he wouldn't stop giving me shit, saying "your gonna get wreqd! just sayin, lol"

Definitely not me. I was only frustrated with these players because of their lack of preparation. There's no reason not to bring 10 Mega Pots, 10 regular Pots, 10 honey, and even stuff to make 10 more pots after that. Same for all the different blights. Just bring a stack of everything except waterdouse. Max Potions in case you die, and some Lifepowders to help make sure nobody dies to begin with. I just hate feeling like I'm the only one actually committed to WINNING the fight, while everyone else is hoarding materials while they wait to lose.

Nicktals

Banned
Heading back on now, hoping to do a couple more Uragaan hunts.

Before starting my set for the skills I wanted, I needed probably 50 Ura carapace for armor/gems, and figured the ruby wouldn't be an issue...Well here we are.

Have stuff to do tonight, but I'd appreciate help for a couple! I'll be in the usual place.

PusherT

Last night after playing with Kyuofu I decided to run alatreon with some random people. I got that felyne food skill "Felyn Carver HI" I got 3 extra carves on Alatreon Tail and Body. Got not 1 but 2 Azure DragonGems in 1 single fight:D

Still need skypeicers will be on in a few, Oricist you ready to take down alatreon tonight?

I'm kicking the great jaggi's ass np there now.. I'm about to engage the second boss i guess in the Bird.. forget his name :p

Right now i'm using a great sword. my next upgrade requires strange beaks... are they tough to get? from what i've read online they only drop off the bird boss! Kinda sucks but ohh well!

I'm thinking after i beat him i'll start playing online.

Question for online quests.. If u have 4 people doing a quest does the bosses life increase by X4 or is it the same? they just die in theory 4x faster?

Any recommendations weapon wise? I enjoy the great sword alot...I just got the switch axes available to me and purchased it and upgraded it to 620 AP.. my great sword is only 480.. From what i tried of the switch axe i didn't like it though... i think i'll stick to what i'm comfortable with

Poyunch

edwardslane said:
I'm kicking the great jaggi's ass np there now.. I'm about to engage the second boss i guess in the Bird.. forget his name :p

Right now i'm using a great sword. my next upgrade requires strange beaks... are they tough to get? from what i've read online they only drop off the bird boss! Kinda sucks but ohh well!

I'm thinking after i beat him i'll start playing online.

Question for online quests.. If u have 4 people doing a quest does the bosses life increase by X4 or is it the same? they just die in theory 4x faster?

Any recommendations weapon wise? I enjoy the great sword alot...I just got the switch axes available to me and purchased it and upgraded it to 620 AP.. my great sword is only 480.. From what i tried of the switch axe i didn't like it though... i think i'll stick to what i'm comfortable with
The latter.

edit: Oops double post. Oh and Aterra you're back online? Too bad your room can't fit all of us though. :(

Remfin

Lance Bone Path said:
You should probably be killing them if you need scale+s. They're more likely to come from carving.
Where do people get this idea from? I've gotten items in the Capture section (halfway across/2nd row is the substitute for your carves) that are not part of the Quest Rewards section, which is the only other possible drop table I see on the Wiki.

botticus

Remfin said:
Where do people get this idea from? I've gotten items in the Capture section (halfway across/2nd row is the substitute for your carves) that are not part of the Quest Rewards section, which is the only other possible drop table I see on the Wiki.
It is true, it's a more likely carve than reward. But I've still gotten 2 or 3 scale+ from rewards whereas you're only likely to get one from carving. So it's a gamble.

Poyunch

I'm getting sick and tired of these disconnections lately. With these rare drop rates becoming more apparent for me now and more disconnections I may just crack and stop playing this game.

Boney

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I'm getting sick and tired of these disconnections lately. With these rare drop rates becoming more apparent for me now and more disconnections I may just crack and stop playing this game.
I'm in the same boat as well. Grinding for shit sucks, but I usually have a great time hunting with you guys. I'll probably wait it out until the high rank arena's are available.

Nicktals

Banned
Yeah, this is the first time I've really hit a block with a drop. I mean, I had to wait a while at other times, but I always had new exciting stuff to do.

I'm still enjoying hunting, especially when it's with some of the guys i've hunted with for many many hours. That's still a lot of fun.

I just want a uragaan ruby :(

Oh well, I'll be back on tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime, and always appreciate any help!

oracrest

NA - 1HYN5T - Aegryn (oracrest)

Top Bottom