• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

Poyunch

oracrest said:
Sorry Haruka, I got a network crash. I had mined a timeworm charm too, are those rare?
You find them every once in a while when mining in the volcano. Usually when mining I stumble across a couple. Personally I have a bunch. But I also mine a ton in the volcano. They're always afterthoughts for me since I never mine there for the purpose of seeking timeworms. It might also be the reason why I don't consider them so rare. :lol

Nicktals

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I got lucky with those. 3 rubies from 3 tail carves in a row. Cut that tail!

Yeah, I saw that, according to the wiki, you have a better chance of tail carving one than getting one in the quest rewards.

Struggled getting the tail a few times, but got it a few times. Once, the final blow was also the blow that cut off the tail. That was pretty sweet.

markot

Banned
Soooooooo.....

How do I knock out stupid animals >.>?

I know the bowguns have the ammo that knocks em out, is that it?

Also, is there anyway to increase your bag size?

Also too, how come when you equip bowguns you get totally different bags and shit >.>?

Um... yeah, my main problem is always running out of room for all the crap I have picked up >.<

Also, with the piggy, can you get extra outfits for it ^_^?

markot said:
Each weapon has it own "stun" attack, if you just want Kelbi down I'd recommend any Sword and Shield.

Yes, Exhaust Ammo.

Nope.

Also too, how come when you equip bowguns you get totally different bags and shit >.>?
Bowgunners usually bring Combo Books and materials for combine purpose, thus a different bag. It's strange at first, but really useful. *alatreon items*

Um... yeah, my main problem is always running out of room for all the crap I have picked up >.<
Me too. :(

Yes!
Frogsuit.
<3

Remfin

Sammy Samusu said:
Yes!
Frogsuit.
<3
I can't remember, was that you? I was playing with Gaffers one day and someone went in my room and was like "OMG REMFIN I LOVE YOUR PIG!" I was kinda confused for a few seconds cause no one ever goes into the rooms so I wasn't even thinking about it :lol

Luigiv

Damn Lagia Horns! I need 11 and so far only have 2 :( . Well what do you guys think I should do once I get my third one; upgrade my Thunderclap or forge my Lagia Set? Currently leaning more towards the armor set, since it'll make getting the other 8 horns a bit easier. However if I get my Thunderclap+ then it'll make farming Rathalos easier so i can get my plate, forge his armour set and then take on Agnaktor (who currently proves to be fairly annoying to take on with my Gigginox set). Decisions, decisions.

Sammy Samusu said:
Each weapon has it own "stun" attack, if you just want Kelbi down I'd recommend any Sword and Shield.

Not every weapon. Only Hammers, Sword and Shield and Great Swords can stun (Maybe Lances as well, I'm not really sure). Personally I recommend using a Hammer on Kelbi, that way it's impossible not to stun it. Just super pound the bastards!

As much as I hate missing the Sandstorm, my position is much the same as john tv's. I'm bowing out of Monster Hunter until E3 Week ends. Too much to do. I'll catch you all again in a couple weeks.

Korigama

Luigiv said:
Damn Lagia Horns! I need 11 and so far only have 2 :( . Well what do you guys think I should do once I get my third one; upgrade my Thunderclap or forge my Lagia Set? Currently leaning more towards the armor set, since it'll make getting the other 8 horns a bit easier. However if I get my Thunderclap+ then it'll make farming Rathalos easier so i can get my plate, forge his armour set and then take on Agnaktor (who currently proves to be fairly annoying to take on with my Gigginox set). Decisions, decisions.

Probably the set first, if only to account for the boost from Element Attack Up.

Not every weapon. Only Hammers, Sword and Shield and Great Swords can stun (Maybe Lances as well, I'm not really sure).

Lances as well (block while pressing up+X and then X again on CC1).

Boney said:
I'm in the same boat as well. Grinding for shit sucks, but I usually have a great time hunting with you guys. I'll probably wait it out until the high rank arena's are available.
speaking of which, the online trader currently has the gold sword available. maybe it coincides with the sandstorm.

the gold sword is much less impressive than i would like, though. i think it should be much much bigger. :p

Nicktals

Banned
Hopping on for an hour or two. Hoping to get a couple High Ura hunts in. Anyone up for helping?

EDIT: Recruiting -> Wisdom 1 -> City Gate 40 -> City 1

Haunted

Are there Rusted variants of all weapon types out there?

I know about Hammer, SnS and GS, but never seen a SA or LS.

I'm on the Royal ludroth there now~

I just upgraded my weapon finally.. i use a great sword primarily at the moment so it's up to a decent attack power! i can notice a nice difference on quickness of killing with this thing.

I'm hoping i can kill royal ludroth soon and start farming him.. i've only tried him for a bit, but finished a subquest then had to head out.

Anyone know the best way to kill him?

explodet

Haunted said:

No SA for sure, I don't use LS so I haven't looked. I believe because switch axes are a 'new' weapon, an rusted/ancient version of them wouldn't make any sense.

explodet said:
No SA for sure, I don't use LS so I haven't looked. I believe because switch axes are a 'new' weapon, an rusted/ancient version of them wouldn't make any sense.
No LS either. And yet i'm still looking for it.

botticus

edwardslane said:
I'm on the Royal ludroth there now~

I just upgraded my weapon finally.. i use a great sword primarily at the moment so it's up to a decent attack power! i can notice a nice difference on quickness of killing with this thing.

I'm hoping i can kill royal ludroth soon and start farming him.. i've only tried him for a bit, but finished a subquest then had to head out.

Anyone know the best way to kill him?
In your initial meeting, I'd focus more on his backside. Cut off his tail and then just wale away. This will let you avoid his roll, and other than the occasional tail swipe or curl, his attacks are generally directed out in front. Low sharpness weapons will have trouble with his head.

apujanata

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - YPV799 - Agung P (apujanata)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

I really need help with my 2* Urgent Quest (Lagiacrus)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll be on tonight for a while most likely if my VGA cable isn't too frustrating... up for some Jhen for sure, want me some Damascus armor... sometime :lol

Nicktals

Banned
In honor of this monumental event, I think I'm going to go eat at Ruby Tuesdays.

actually i'm going to head online and hope to do a couple jhen's. Need a couple braces. BUT I GOT THE URAGAAN RUBY WOO.

Haunted

explodet said:
Heh, that's true I didn't think of it that way. Thanks.

Still a bummer, though. :/ LS and SA are the only weapons I consistently return to (save for those special Lance cases Barioth/Barroth).

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
markot said:
Soooooooo.....

No one appears to have answered any of your Qs, so I will try!

- GS can KO with the flat of the blade hit (X -> X or Start -> X); S&S can KO with the shield bash (forward+X -> X); Hammer can KO... all the time. It's all in the manual!

- I think there was a way to increase pouch size in the PSP games. Maybe someone else can help you with this.

- There's a seperate pouch for bowguns because they're awesome and require an extra page exclusively for ammo.

- This may sound dumb, but are you emptying your pouch into your box everytime you finish a quest?

- Fear not, there are extra outfitts for Pugi :)

Edit: Ok, haha, Sammy answered you straight after. I am blind.

oracrest

I am online now! Send me a message in-game or warp to me.
NA - 1HYN5T - Aegryn (oracrest)

Not on the list? Add yourself in this thread.

The official GAF server is: Recruiting / Wisdom 1 / Gate 40

Tenbatsu

Haunted said:

Only GS, SnS, Hammer, Lance and bowguns.

markot said:
To add further.... 5 weapons with stun ability: GS (slap), Hammer (any hit), SNS (shield), Bowgun (exhaust and craig) and Lance (shield).

As for LS and SA, you can equip the skill 'Punishing Draw' to enable their first hit to cause stun too.

Poyunch

Man I need some Stout Horns to upgrade my Demonbind but I never really bothered to check where I get them from. Why Diablos? The one monster I hate so much. I'm horrible against it no matter what rank.

Palmer_v1

Hawkian said:
Would I be completely unable to contribute/useless at HR31 with Rathian Armor?

Your defense will be shit for Jhen +, leaving you dangerously close to being OHKO. Just as an example, I have something like 350 defense, and his big flop still takes about half my health. His random mortar fire takes about 1/4 of my hp when it hits.

Theoretically, you could just play safe, but I don't think you'd contribute much that way.

Poyunch

Palmer_v1 said:
Your defense will be shit for Jhen +, leaving you dangerously close to being OHKO. Just as an example, I have something like 350 defense, and his big flop still takes about half my health. His random mortar fire takes about 1/4 of my hp when it hits.

Theoretically, you could just play safe, but I don't think you'd contribute much that way.
Not exactly true. While I have 399 defense I still played it safe because I'm weird like that and I forgot to eat I did take responsibility of the Ballista Binder and the Gong. Someone still needs to protect the other players and the ship and you really only need two well-equipped players to attack Jhen. The other two can focus on shooting with cannons and using the ballista for breaking the tusks.

Kyoufu

A tip for lower ranked players on Jhen+, take a weapon that can guard. Any attacks made against the ship can be guarded I'm pretty sure. Offensively, spam cannons and you should be fine.

Alternatively, you can just quickly farm a Qurupeco+ set (shouldn't take more than an hour) so that you have enough defense to not get OHKO'd.

I gemmed bombardier in my Damascus armor set. I still don't have a max alatreons GS so I always use the ship weapons when fighting jhen. That skill works on the cannons and ballista right? I'm not wasting per second damage oppertunities?

Anyone know the break down of ship damage?

Poyunch

I was bored so I went around GameFaqs. These made me giggle:

25rfez7.jpg

2djxbtl.jpg

Too bad I don't really fear Joe anymore. I probably would have found it funnier.

Kyoufu

Gamer @ Heart said:
I gemmed bombardier in my Damascus armor set. I still don't have a max alatreons GS so I always use the ship weapons when fighting jhen. That skill works on the cannons and ballista right? I'm not wasting per second damage oppertunities?

Anyone know the break down of ship damage?

Since a lot of people are still unaware of this, I'll point it out.

The Armor skill "Bombardier" only increases Bomb damage.

The Felyne skill "Bombardier" increases Ballista, Cannon and Crag S damage.

The Felyne skill "Pyro" increases Bomb damage.

Confusing yes, but thats the lowdown.

Without the 10% modifier from felyne skill and before the Giant Monster defense multiplier rule:

Cannon: 250 damage
Ballista: 100 damage

I may be wrong on the exact number but I'm pretty sure its accurate. Hope this helps.

Alex

why bother with earplugs when evade+2 (overkill) lets you roll your fat ass through roars with your eyes closed?

Man they should totally have body types in MHF3. I want a fat Hunter. Slim body type + 25% Max stamina! Fat body type + Speed Eating skill always active!

Kyoufu

Alex said:
Man they should totally have body types in MHF3. I want a fat Hunter. Slim body type + 25% Max stamina! Fat body type + Speed Eating skill always active!

Yeah but the fat hunters have perma-hunger...

I dunno about you, but I don't like consuming 10 well-done steaks per quest! Even if they are so tasty!

Kyoufu

Tenbatsu said:
All Normal bombs becomes G Bombs to be exact.

Also small bombs become large I think.

Honestly I never get that felyne skill ever. Its pretty much the one skill that the cats refuse to give me lol.

Top Bottom